No Security Patch Updates

So HMD Global Has Decided Not to provide security patch update for first generation or non-android one devices.

No Security Patch Updates

shubham sharma shubham sharma
✭✭✭  / 
So HMD Global Has Decided Not to provide security patch update for first generation or non-android one devices. It will be 2 years Of OS updates & 2 years of Security Patch Updates. Includes Nokia 5 as well
Tagged:

Comments

• No ive already confirmed that they will roll a sp this march or maybe early april
  • How did you confirm?
  • How did you confirm?
    By the support app
  • Muser Muser
    ✭✭✭  / 
    So HMD Global Has Decided Not to provide security patch update for first generation or non-android one devices. It will be 2 years Of OS updates & 2 years of Security Patch Updates. Includes Nokia 5 as well
    Some 2018 devices like the Nokia 1, 8 Sirocco, 6.1, etc haven't received the March 2019 update yet either. 
  • Krammwj said:
    How did you confirm?
    By the support app
    During chat with tech support they told me that they know nothing...
  • Lawss Lawss
    ✭✭✭  / 
    After the pie update there are a lot of bugs so may be there is a new build on the way
  • Wind said:
    I don't trust HMD or Nokia anymore. I guess I'm giving up on this device. For instance there was a sound issue and they has been able to solve that problem after exactly "one year later" with the Pie update. Now this built has much more issues than even Oreo 8.1 built. I just can't imagine Nokia will be able to solve all these issues in that short time. Nokia 6 is about to complete it's 2 years time period already. I was so hopeful about Nokia and I've bought this device without any hesitation but now I'm very disappointed.
    Same got no hopes for nokia i guess i gonna do the downgrade method instead
  • Jeankowkow Jeankowkow
    ✭✭  /  edited April 2019
    Hello
    Has anyone received an update since March on his Nokia 6 here?
  • Jinzukei Jinzukei
    ✭✭  / 
    Hello
    no one yet.
  • Jeankowkow Jeankowkow
    ✭✭  /  edited April 2019
    Hello
    My Nokia 6 finally received the March update a few days ago!