Nokia 5.1 - Pie update complaints/bugs

Can not add custom ringtone (tried putting .mp3 file in /internal/Ringtones and the add ringtone menu remains empty even after restart +++ using Zedge and other ringtone setting apps failed too); Music player apps wont show music from any source (internal or Sd card).

Nokia 5.1 - Pie update complaints/bugs

I P I P
✭✭  /  edited April 1
Can not add custom ringtone (tried putting .mp3 file in /internal/Ringtones and the add ringtone menu remains empty even after restart +++ using Zedge and other ringtone setting apps failed too);

Music player apps wont show music from any source (internal or Sd card). Music files also dont show in the Audio folder in Google Files.

Battery percentage jumping with 3-4% sometimes;

The volume slider, located on the right is too tiny;

Speaker's volume at lowest is too loud;

Slower battery charging;*

Animation stuttering;

Slower startup and SIM card initialisation;*

*Than Oreo

Comments

• user1509445273356 user1509445273356
    ✭✭  / 
    Problems with music and ringtones resolve if you do factory reset. But I must admit that's hilarious that after OTA update factory reset is required to get things working. Quality control at its lowest
  • kolibri666 kolibri666
    ✭✭  / 
    Absolutely agree with that guy. They just don't care about nokia 5.1
    imo it's forgotten product that will never be as good as other nokia phones just because of devs and other nokia staff.
  • Tiklu53 Tiklu53
    ✭✭  / 
    Carrier video option vanishes if data is switched off , I thought Volte doesn't require it. Jet audio can't include music from SD card , can't play video from ZEE5 and Hooq app, only black screen with audio plays. 
  • Tapiwa Mavende Tapiwa Mavende
    ✭✭  / 
    Battery performance greatly affected after update. Battery doesn't last long and takes time to change.
  • pnut3r pnut3r
    ✭✭  / 
    I'm gonna try factory reset to fix audio ringtone issue.....but I'mma bit sceptical because of the date you posted, lol. Better backup my stuff before doing so. 
  • Ross122X1 Ross122X1
    ✭✭  / 
    No Pie update for the UK, confirmed by Nokia representative
  • Techygamemaker Techygamemaker
    ✭✭  / 
    Problems with music and ringtones resolve if you do factory reset. But I must admit that's hilarious that after OTA update factory reset is required to get things working. Quality control at its lowest

I can't factory reset lol, I have some stuff on here that won't fit on SD and other reasons etc. So I have to live with these problems😂
    ✭✭  / 
    Expanded SD card takes so long to install apps after restarting or switching on the phone. 
    ✭✭  / 
    Photos app shows folders like .Thumbs , . statuses, .shared which are not supposed to show up in my photos app. Please fix this.
  • dsj dsj
    ✭✭  / 
    Please do a factory reset. I also had same issues and after the factory reset Android pie is much more better.
    ✭✭  /  edited April 15
    If I factory reset does it revert to oreo or it stay pie
  • notiz notiz
    ✭✭✭  / 
    You will stay on 🥧
  • SlowFast SlowFast
    ✭✭  / 
    Is there anybody else with a 5.1 3/32GB without Pie Update?