Touch response time very unacceptable

Anyone else has this problem? Scrolling , touching , typing touch latency is very bad.

Touch response time very unacceptable

Anesti Katundi Anesti Katundi
✭✭  / 
Anyone else has this problem? Scrolling , touching , typing touch latency is very bad. Also when unlocking the screen , the screen freezes for 1 sec and then works again. Touch response is very slow. This thing was not cheap and I expect it to be better than this

Comments

• Anesti Katundi Anesti Katundi
    ✭✭  / 
    Why isn't anyone saying anything? 
  • wong wai sing wong wai sing
    ✭✭  / 
    I have same problem since March update. When you lock the screen and unlock it again, it works :/
  • Argho Sarkar Argho Sarkar
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I have only experienced the Screen Freezing Bug and it's been since I have bought the device and yet to get a fix for this problem..
    ✭✭  / 
    I know that but I previously was using a Samsung device , I also used a LG device and the touch on both of them was superior to this . This feels slow, very slow. It's not very bad but it very noticeable. This is the compromise we have to pay for a midrange device. Thank you all!!!
  • I had that lockscreen freeze problem but only when I unlock the phone to open an app from a notification. The app that does this a lot is Twitter. But my touchscreen responses are otherwise good. A bit too good sometimes  :sweat_smile:
  • Silvarro Silvarro
     /  edited April 2019
    -sigh- Another gateway time-out and my post got posted twice >.>
  • Prateek Kejriwal Prateek Kejriwal
    ✭✭✭  / 
    After march update, the thing got worse . Before it was still ok . 
    ✭✭  / 
    I don't know what to say. The camera is ridiculously slow , the pictures not so good, screen problems, screen freezes , touch delays, etc etc. They really need to listen to us and improve , really!!!!!!!
  • Peter Nylén Peter Nylén
    ✭✭  /  edited April 2019
    Just got mine today and the first thing I noticed was the touch delay. And when open an app it seems like that it needs to think! This phone really needs an update.
    ✭✭  / 
    Just got mine today and the first thing I noticed was the touch delay. And when open an app it seems like that it needs to think! This phone really needs an update.
    Finally a person with the same opoint of view. Its nnot just apps its everything touch in general is bad. Try for a few minutes a galaxy phone and you will notice it. I will be very happy if they fix this.
  • seanetta seanetta
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I don't know what to say. The camera is ridiculously slow , the pictures not so good, screen problems, screen freezes , touch delays, etc etc. They really need to listen to us and improve , really!!!!!!!
    Nothing like those issues on my 8.1 and my camera takes amazing photos and I'm fussy. Even night shots are excellent 
    ✭✭  / 
    Finally a person with the same opoint of view. Its nnot just apps its everything touch in general is bad. Try for a few minutes a galaxy phone and you will notice it. I will be very happy if they fix this.
    I have a Mi Mix 2s at home, it is night and day between them in terms of touch responsiveness. I also feel like that the phone is sluggish overall, but that can be because of the slow internal storage.
    ✭✭  / 
    I have a Mi Mix 2s at home, it is night and day between them in terms of touch responsiveness. I also feel like that the phone is sluggish overall, but that can be because of the slow internal storage.
    Can be a reason but I think all the midrange phones are all like this. They compromise the most used things and leave the others. 
  • seanetta seanetta
    ✭✭✭  / 
    What?? My Nokia 8.1 is far from sluggish, God knows what you're doing with yours but no way is this phone sluggish. Scrolling through Web pages on Opera browser and through Instagram etc all fast and smooth. My camera app never had any slowdown either, typing isn't slow either when typing this message at speed 
    ✭✭  /  edited April 2019

What?? My Nokia 8.1 is far from sluggish, God knows what you're doing with yours but no way is this phone sluggish. Scrolling through Web pages on Opera browser and through Instagram etc all fast and smooth. My camera app never had any slowdown either, typing isn't slow either when typing this message at speed 
    And mine is still sluggish.. That's why I said that it maybe need some update! My device is brand new so I doubt that it is an hardware issue even if the internal storage is slow.
    ✭✭  / 
    Tried to use the phone in safe mode and it still has delay. Something is not right with my device! Will contact support.
  • Yogithesailor Yogithesailor
    ✭✭  / 
    Touch response is very slow indeed. And it's not about the phone being a mid-ranger. Earlier I used Moto G5 plus,which is still butter smooth touch Even after 2 years.
    ✭✭  /  edited April 2019
    seanetta said:
    You dont get what Im saying.
    Im saying that the latency is poor. Also the finger stuck in the glass even when its clean it stucks when you swipe. It was worse when I got it. With the march february update it got better now hoping it will be fixed to am extent. Or maybe i have a bad batch
    ✭✭  / 
    Touch response is very slow indeed. And it's not about the phone being a mid-ranger. Earlier I used Moto G5 plus,which is still butter smooth touch Even after 2 years.
    Exactly. I have owned several phones in different price segments for the last 2 years and this is the first phone that have this issue.
    ✭✭  / 
    I also had a OnePlus One and it had the very same issue from the beginning. No one fixed that after some time the touch panel became unresponsive because the glue that was holding the lcd became loose and the touch was gone. Can this be fixed? I just hope its not a hardware issue. Thank you all for participating
    ✭✭  /  edited April 2019
    I also had a OnePlus One and it had the very same issue from the beginning. No one fixed that after some time the touch panel became unresponsive because the glue that was holding the lcd became loose and the touch was gone. Can this be fixed? I just hope its not a hardware issue. Thank you all for participating
    I don't know how severe your problems are, but mine feels like a software thing because sometimes the touch is responsive. When typing for example, I have no issues with touch delay. But when open apps and use the software buttons it is often some delay!
    ✭✭  / 
    Yeah maybe Im used to samsung devices or lg .
    I want the phone to be fast not hang. But no severe problems I think this is for everyone but mayne im more obsessed. Waiting for this month maintainance update. Fingers crossed
    ✭✭  /  edited April 2019
    Yeah maybe Im used to samsung devices or lg .
    I want the phone to be fast not hang. But no severe problems I think this is for everyone but mayne im more obsessed. Waiting for this month maintainance update. Fingers crossed
    Maybe you are :smile:

Fun thing.. I went to an electronic store and tried out a Nokia 6.1, that phone hade no issues with the touch screen.
    ✭✭  / 
    Okay so then I think its software. 
    Do you know any method or procedure on how to fix this? I will contact them about this.
    ✭✭  /  edited April 2019
    Do you know any method or procedure on how to fix this? I will contact them about this.
    I hope it is software and that they fix it with the maintenance update because I have not find a way to fix it.

Can you check your panels firmware and see if we have same? This is mine:
  • seanetta seanetta
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I hope it is software and that they fix it with the maintenance update because I have not find a way to fix it.

Must be your batch of screen as mine is Goodix and all totally fine and fast
    ✭✭  / 
    seanetta said:

Thanks for that. I had my clue about that it could differ! If the update doesn't fix it I will return mine.
    ✭✭  / 
    seanetta said:

Yeah I also have Himax. But I have a different version. Who knows. So some other users have godix thats interesting. Why this separation though why? Hoping other users report back with their touch panel firmware version. Also I want to ask Nokia about this. I will chat with them
    ✭✭  / 
    Talked to the support and they gave me a code to call so I could check if my issue is hardware related, which it was not. Just hope they fix it through software then :smile:
    ✭✭  /  edited April 2019
    I just spoke too with the support they told me that my phone was designated for Hong Kong but it's irrelevant so they forwarded my issue to the developers if this is a software issue they will fix it. So at least there is a little hope. Also what is that code that they gave you?