I have just got March Security Path with improved Camera app!

Just kidding. April fools day! :-)

I have just got March Security Path with improved Camera app!

Just kidding.
April fools day!
:-)

Comments

• marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Apocalypse I'd like to use this opportunity to curse you to forever have your battery charged at maximum 2%. Have a 💩y day.
  • marsic said:
    @Apocalypse I'd like to use this opportunity to curse you to forever have your battery charged at maximum 2%. Have a 💩y day.
    :-).
    Have sense of humor. What we have left?
  • marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited April 1
    It was meant to be humorous, seems like I've failed (not as seriously as HMD, though).
    Honestly though, when i saw that title...
  • user1508938037450 user1508938037450
    ✭✭✭  / 
    A new kind of "FAKE NEWS" 😜 HMD and a update, it wasn't to believe. Especially not today. 😎
  • We're in April and still no March security update
  • We're in April and still no March security update
    My phone is still on January update.
  • Jivko Antonov Jivko Antonov
    ✭✭✭  / 
    The recent financial report by Fih, which is investing in, co-developing and manufacturing Nokia phones together with HMD Global, was not so great for the Finnish startup company. You could see in the report that FIH is not so happy with the European sales results and that the first two years with Nokia phones only got them a minus on the account. FIH even said that in the future they are only going to finance Nokia phones that could gain better sales across the globe.
  • marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Jivko Antonov that's disheartening... This can only mean that they haven't done any market research before developing a model, they're only playing with various designs and just throw them out on the market, hoping for the best! Judging by this, the people that reviewed HMD on Glassdoor were actually "kind" enough to leave some bits out, only pointing to a few! It seems they're in a deeper monster-poopster than previously anticipated!
    I'd very much like to hear an official statement regarding the current involvement of FIH Mobile in fixing Nokia 8 pie bugs and camera software adjustments. Now, where can I find the voice of HMD for that statement...
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Unfortunately, this isn't 1st April fool. I also want to know the answer for this from HMD. 
    ✭✭✭  / 
    More bad news...

It is anticipated that it may take time to reach needed scale of products as HMD is operating in a handset market which is highly competed and market growth has slowed down and few markets have even contracted year over year.

Despite all the actions and efforts that have been taken by the Group’s IIDM business in the past two years, the overall performance is poor.

(…) the biggest challenge continues to be the IIDM business relating to the manufacturing of Nokia-branded products and the manufacturing and distribution of Nokiabranded phones which are still in the difficult stage of increasing volume and margin performance is generally bad.

The performance of Europe segment has deteriorated dramatically which has affected the performance of the Group adversely (…)

✭✭✭  /  edited April 1
    More bad news...

It is anticipated that it may take time to reach needed scale of products as HMD is operating in a handset market which is highly competed and market growth has slowed down and few markets have even contracted year over year.

Despite all the actions and efforts that have been taken by the Group’s IIDM business in the past two years, the overall performance is poor.

(…) the biggest challenge continues to be the IIDM business relating to the manufacturing of Nokia-branded products and the manufacturing and distribution of Nokiabranded phones which are still in the difficult stage of increasing volume and margin performance is generally bad.

The performance of Europe segment has deteriorated dramatically which has affected the performance of the Group adversely (…)

Keep in mind, this is FIH’s report describing mainly their side of the coin, that is tightly connected to HMD’s operation. Because of that, moves have been made to improve the business performance, and that includes:

• FIH Mobile will not accept [HMD’s] orders with poor margin and at the same time
    • HMD came to a strategic decision to deploy a multi-ODM partnership strategy and HMD will not only seek for the Group’s [meaning FIH’s] support but also contracts ODMs (in other words, FIH won’t be the exclusive manufacturer of Nokia phones anymore)

So, FIH Mobile will continue to manufacture that 1st and 2nd generation of Nokia devices, as well as further develop feature phone and smartphones, but going forward, the company refuses to basically make phone at a loss, meaning that they will probably take orders for the upper end of the segment.

HMD will contract other ODMs to meet market demands. This might not be entirely bad, because other ODM might have a different supply network, that might regarding some components be better than stuff FIH has.

• marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Jivko Antonov did you read something about software development for Nokia phones?
    I'm experiencing bugs that I didn't know I had before, like WiFi losing connection. I've always blamed my router and forgot about it, but today it happened both at home and at work, while all other people had fine WiFi connection.
    I'd like to get rid of those bugs, hopefully also getting proper camera software. The thought that they could suddenly just take their hands off the 8...  :s :#
  • marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited April 1
    @Jivko Antonov did you read something about who is going to do the software development for Nokia phones, other than FIH? If that's going to be the case, ofcourse.
    I'm experiencing bugs that I didn't know I had before, like WiFi losing connection. I've always blamed my router and forgot about it, but today it happened both at home and at work, while all other people had fine WiFi connection.
    I'd like to get rid of those bugs, hopefully also getting proper camera software. The thought that they could suddenly just take their hands off the 8...  :s :#
    ✭✭✭  / 
    No information about the software. 

About the WiFi, I don't have any problem. It's stable as always. 
  • So, FIH Mobile will continue to manufacture that 1st and 2nd generation of Nokia devices, as well as further develop feature phone and smartphones, but going forward, the company refuses to basically make phone at a loss, meaning that they will probably take orders for the upper end of the segment.
    HMD's problem is that they are making biggest losses in upper end of the segment. They don't know how to design a flagship which will attract people and they fail to learn that is impossible to make a profit on a flagship with last year's chipset. That was modus operandi of Sarvikas & co. since Lumia days. They're also not a strangers of putting lower end processors in mid-range phones. Under-powering phones is not a way to win a market share.
  • ignas ignas
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Wow that was a punch in the gut. You got me, but I can't even laugh
  • ignas ignas
    ✭✭✭  / 
    marsic said:
    @Jivko Antonov did you read something about software development for Nokia phones?
    I'm having trouble with sonething similar, although the wifi never shows it disconnected https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/44184/wi-fi-cutting-out-when-phone-is-asleep
  • marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @ignas My WiFi connection drops even while actively using the phone (that's how I've noticed it).
  • JohnQ JohnQ
     / 
    Do we at least get any kind of news update as to the myriad number of bugs related to Pie? My phone freezes every day and has to be rebooted, the finger print sensor works only some of the time, and so on. Should I just sell the phone or? It would be nice to have some feedback.