X71 subforum needed

Hi HMD team!We have a new product - the X71! We need a new subforum for this please.

X71 subforum needed

madbilly madbilly
✭✭✭✭  / 
Hi HMD team!
We have a new product - the X71! We need a new subforum for this please.

Also, it's disappointing that this launch happened today but you didn't announce anything on the forum. Even if the launch was not English language, you should still be able to fuel the hype train for global release by publishing here on the forum. There are many people from Taiwan who participate in English here on the forum, so Taiwan is definitely in the target audience of the forum.

I hope that you can do this for all future releases - the community forum should be the place where we learn about and discuss all your new products.

Cheers :)
Tagged:

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Well, did they tell you that the Nokia X71 will become a global device? 😝
    We won't have a sub-forum for this just how we do not have for the X6 and X7. We might have it when it is released in mainstream global markets (India) 🙈

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @singhnsk fair enough, they did not say that the X71 will be global device but we know that it will get a global (or at least some part of the rest of the world) launch with a different name (probably). They should just start the new forum now because they can change the name of it later, because the alternative is that owners have no dedicated forum to discuss the product.

A few notes:
    • There is actually a separate subforum for the X7 but it should probably be merged with the 8.1: https://community.phones.nokia.com/categories/nokia-x7
    • On Freshdesk the 5.1+ and 6.1+ forums were called "Nokia 5.1 Plus /Nokia X5" and "Nokia 6.1 Plus /Nokia X6", which we should probably return to because it's otherwise confusing.
    • We still don't have separate forums for the Cricket variant of the 3.1+ (which has almost completely different hardware to the global 3.1+) or the Verizon 2V which is actually a 2.1, so the 2.1 forum should be called "2.1 / 2V".
    These things seem so simple to me, and if they're not simple to implement then why are HMD using such poor forum software?
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Oh thank you @madbilly I did entirely forget about the Nokia X7 forum. I assumed it got removed as the one for the original Nokia 7 (Chinese one) was removed. You made really fair points. I guess we have not seen new changes happening to the forum for a while now. Seems like they have taken a break from improving it further.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Ah yes, I forgot about the old Nokia 7 forum. It would be good to have that back, for the sake of completeness.