Home General Ideas

Nokia's Stock + Custom OS.

For better hardware and software combination. Nokia should think about,  new OS. Because many feature or missing in the OS.

Nokia's Stock + Custom OS.

pradyum21 pradyum21
✭✭  / 
For better hardware and software combination. Nokia should think about,  new OS.
Because many feature or missing in the OS.

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Sugar and ghee in your mouth! I am certainly waiting for a day when Nokia kicks the back of Android One and starts developing its own ecosystem with a curated experience to the users which meets their requirements and demands. There's a dire need to develop products and provide features that the customer wants and not that a 3rd company (Google) thinks are good for the users. Google's aim to make money from the platform. So, they are only focused on pushing their own apps which can generate a revenue stream for them.
    I do not ask for a stupid skin (something that most Chinese do). I look for a more stock-ish experience with essential features. OnePlus's Oxygen OS is something I feel is the best custom implementation of Android. That makes a user stick to it because what it offers isn't in anything else. 
    OnePlus initially started off with Cyanogen Mod which was a really well developed customized OS with a balance of features and smoothness. They then realized they need more control due to the YU vs. Cyanogen Mod mess and went to stock Android. While their initial devices then ran stock Android, they deployed enough resources to improve onto the stock experience, and now we have a great OS better known as Oxygen OS. I hope Nokia/HMD realize this sooner and take the move.