some issues after few weeks use

Hi, I have the phone for about 5-6 weeks now and really love it. Unfortunately I have a few issues I can't seem to resolve...

some issues after few weeks use

stbor stbor
 /  edited June 25

Hi,

I have the phone for about 5-6 weeks now and really love it.

Unfortunately I have a few issues I can't seem to resolve...

first is the Glance option. I set it to show when I pick up my phone and show it for 10sec.

This works perfect for a few hours(a day tops) after that it is not showing anymore when I pickup my phone.

Only a reboot will fix the issue again for short period of time.

Currently testing with the "always on" setting to see if this stops working too.

Another and more annoying issue are the push notifications which can have a huge delay, sometimes 20-30min.

I'm using the standard gmail app and have 3 account configured for push. 1 gmail, 1 hotmail and 1 O365 exchange account. The gmail account is almost instant most of the time, but the other 2 accounts...

Whatsapp is suffering the same issue.

Any ideas on how to resolve these problems?

Thx,

Stefan

Comments

• Xophedebx Xophedebx
     /  edited June 25

Hello,

It's not going to help, but with all the bugs with Android, I just reverted back to my Lumia 950. 

• cwf1 cwf1
     / 

these don't sound like phone problems. the glance screen is, but the email and whatsapp isn't. so it looks like android isn't syncing your email accounts as often. in the settings, you can defintely change how often it syncs, i just don't remember where off the top of my head. whatsapp may have been switched to force stop. i could be wrong, but the way you describe the issues don't sound like a phone issue.

• cwf1 cwf1
     / 

these don't sound like phone problems. the glance screen is, but the email and whatsapp isn't. so it looks like android isn't syncing your email accounts as often. in the settings, you can defintely change how often it syncs, i just don't remember where off the top of my head. whatsapp may have been switched to force stop. i could be wrong, but the way you describe the issues don't sound like a phone issue.

• stbor stbor
     / 

Hi cwf1

well on my Nexus 6P (fully updated) these accounts sync just fine. 

All accounts are configured with Push so mails should arrive almost instantly.

Stefan