Playstore bug?

since the march update i no longer get notifications in the banner when an app is updated or even beeing installed is it just me?  i reinstalled the play store, cleared cache and memory.

Playstore bug?

Filip cauwel Filip cauwel
✭✭  / 
since the march update i no longer get notifications in the banner when an app is updated or even beeing installed
is it just me? 
i reinstalled the play store, cleared cache and memory. but still no notifications on top
Tagged:

Comments

• Filip cauwel Filip cauwel
    ✭✭  / 
    update, if you install an app it shows after install but no download banner showing the progress
  • AniketThakur AniketThakur
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    It works

• Filip cauwel Filip cauwel
    ✭✭  / 
    It works

did yet an other factory reset en idd it works again...
    did more resets on this phone than any phone ever
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 
    A similar issue on my Nokia 8.1 but I don't think it is so important for me to do a reset 😛I'll just keep it like this 😎
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited April 2019
    It works

did yet an other factory reset en idd it works again...
    did more resets on this phone than any phone ever
    I did on 3 times and 1 was not due to issues
  • prasad134 prasad134
    ✭✭✭  / 
    It works

Well @AniketThakur....does that annoying Greenify notification go away somehow? Me too facing the same problem...that notification isnt going away at all...
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    prasad134 said:
    It works

Well @AniketThakur....does that annoying Greenify notification go away somehow? Me too facing the same problem...that notification isnt going away at all...
    Nope 😣
  • wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    A similar issue on my Nokia 8.1 but I don't think it is so important for me to do a reset 😛I'll just keep it like this 😎
    Same issue on mine too. Yup, I agree I think we will only reset our device only when Android Q hits our phone. 😂

I have a feeling that there is a high chance of Nokia 8.1 getting chosen for this year's Android developer preview beta at Google I/O.
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  /  edited April 2019
    I have a feeling that there is a high chance of Nokia 8.1 getting chosen for this year's Android developer preview beta at Google I/O.
    My opinion is the opposite. It is the only Nokia device on SDM710. Whereas the big chunk (6.1/6.1Plus/7/7.1/7Plus) are all developed under the SDM660 group. I am not sure what they use in the build revisions of the Nokia 8.1 since I failed to unlock the bootloader, but if it is not the same SDM660 group, then the 8.1 should not be a part of the Q beta.

Instead they'll keep the devices from the SDM660 group because that makes it easier for them to run the software on all the other phones in thr group with minor changes. So, that means a better return on investement for them. Let's see. I am still betting on the 7 Plus hahaha!
  • It's a bug since November. I am surprised to took so much time for someone to report it. Closing the play store and starting it again is the only fix currently. App update/download get stuck at 100% but the app is not installed.
  • wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    My opinion is the opposite. It is the only Nokia device on SDM710. Whereas the big chunk (6.1/6.1Plus/7/7.1/7Plus) are all developed under the SDM660 group. I am not sure what they use in the build revisions of the Nokia 8.1 since I failed to unlock the bootloader, but if it is not the same SDM660 group, then the 8.1 should not be a part of the Q beta.

Instead they'll keep the devices from the SDM660 group because that makes it easier for them to run the software on all the other phones in thr group with minor changes. So, that means a better return on investement for them. Let's see. I am still betting on the 7 Plus hahaha!
    Oh well maybe the new Nokia X71 if it is launched globally before the Google I/O. If not, its either Nokia 7 Plus or 7.1 I guess, I think they won't go for 6.1 and 6.1 Plus unless they decide to include multiple Nokia phones in this year's Android Developer Preview Beta Program.
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 
    It's a bug since November. I am surprised to took so much time for someone to report it. Closing the play store and starting it again is the only fix currently. App update/download get stuck at 100% but the app is not installed.
    AActually you're facing some other bug. This one is only about the progress bar and the app still installs fine (as the OP said too). And this one doesn't get fixed with a Play Store close and open.
    Maybe in your case you should consider a factory reset.