Patch security update

Kapan Nokia 2 Oreo Os dapat pembaharuan patch security dan yang lainnya ? Please confirm thats..

Patch security update

han han
✭✭  / 
Kapan Nokia 2 Oreo Os dapat pembaharuan patch security dan yang lainnya ?
Please confirm thats..

Comments

• Nafi00 Nafi00
    ✭✭  / 
    March month security pitch update can release for nokia 2?
    I can't get update
    when its update release?
    What can i do now?
  • Nafi00 Nafi00
    ✭✭  / 
    March month security pitch update can release for nokia 2?
    I can't get update
    when its update release?
    What can i do now?
  • user1520881638007 user1520881638007
    ✭✭✭  / 
    hello users important update for nokia 2 users from @HMD_Laura

HMD_Laura said:
    Hi all, 
    also to keep the Nokia 2 users up to date I got information concerning the March SP. 
    There was a one-time issue in rolling out March security update for Nokia 8, Nokia 6, Nokia 5 and Nokia 2 due to the addition of new test cases and together with Google, we decided to take extra time to review before releasing the update. The four impacted products will receive March security patch in the coming week. 

Best regards, 
    Laura
  • Punyabrata Punyabrata
    ✭✭  /  edited April 14
    hello users important update for nokia 2 users from @HMD_Laura

HMD_Laura said:
    Hi all, 
    also to keep the Nokia 2 users up to date I got information concerning the March SP. 
    There was a one-time issue in rolling out March security update for Nokia 8, Nokia 6, Nokia 5 and Nokia 2 due to the addition of new test cases and together with Google, we decided to take extra time to review before releasing the update. The four impacted products will receive March security patch in the coming week. 

Best regards, 
    Laura
    It's still an incomplete information. It is not clarifying weather it will be for a devices running on nought or Oreo. 

And what about the users who rolled back to nought ? They are stuck on a recovery of Oreo on a device running nought . And on the current situation of the device they will not receive February security patch (which already released before releasing stable Oreo ) 

Hmd should explain the current  situation of the device  clearly and fix  the  rollback image.

On the upgrade page HMD clearly explained about the issues of app compatibility and performance issues. 
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @Punyabrata
    Starting from Monday(April 15,2019) These affected devices including Nokia 2 should start receiving the march security patch as told by HMD staff.But for Nokia 2,i may say that update will be available for Nougat first because Oreo 8.1 needs New build along with critical bug fixes and also Need UI improvement.
  • Punyabrata Punyabrata
    ✭✭  /  edited April 15
    @Punyabrata
    Starting from Monday(April 15,2019) These affected devices including Nokia 2 should start receiving the march security patch as told by HMD staff.But for Nokia 2,i may say that update will be available for Nougat first because Oreo 8.1 needs New build along with critical bug fixes and also Need UI improvement.
    Yes. Even I expected this. 
    Anyways,  what do you think of users like me who rolled back to nougat because of some reason and stuck on January 2019 patch ?? It's been almost 18 days I still didn't receive February patch . Will I receive March  SP when it will be released ??

What is your opinion on the current situation ?

At the end, It was a pleasure to discuss with you.

✭✭✭  / 
    @Punyabrata
    hello,nice meeting to you
    There will be no problem for you as you have downgraded it 18 days ago.you will receive the March 2019 SP based on Android 7.1.1.only the thing is to be updated every day via social network/community page and also don't be in hurry for updates since there may be chance for not getting quickly as soon as you get the info,if you didn't get today then wait until for tomorrow and if still not got the update then raise your comment here

Also if possible you may re-upgrade your device to new Oreo 8.1 build only if you get satisfied with the comments shared by our community member
    ✭✭✭  / 
    hello users any one receiving 2019-03 update for Nokia 2 running on both OS
  • Not yet... now Nokia 2 becomes HMD'S  unforgettable cursed Device.👹👹💀💀
  • Punyabrata Punyabrata
    ✭✭  /  edited April 19
    hello users any one receiving 2019-03 update for Nokia 2 running on both OS
    Not yet. (Till posting this comment). Did you received the update ??

And I don't think that the Oreo running device will  receive an update now. It may take some time to recive the Update.
  • Punyabrata Punyabrata
    ✭✭  /  edited April 19
    @Punyabrata
    hello,nice meeting to you
    There will be no problem for you as you have downgraded it 18 days ago.you will receive the March 2019 SP based on Android 7.1.1.only the thing is to be updated every day via social network/community page and also don't be in hurry for updates since there may be chance for not getting quickly as soon as you get the info,if you didn't get today then wait until for tomorrow and if still not got the update then raise your comment here

Also if possible you may re-upgrade your device to new Oreo 8.1 build only if you get satisfied with the comments shared by our community member
    Still my rolled back device running nought didn't receive even  the February patch although it has been released a very long time ago. 

Done everything what I can like, a factory reset , trying to update the device after removing sim cards (via WiFi ) and all I could. But still no positive results.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @Punyabrata
    Still I too not received any updates,and don't get hurry regarding update as soon as we get the update we will post it via community/Twitter page 
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @Punyabrata
    Don't worry about 2019-02 SP ,if you get it update that if not wait for March SP it will be available as soon as possible.
  • Punyabrata Punyabrata
    ✭✭  /  edited April 20
    @user1520881638007
    Everything is over for Nokia 2 user's. We may not get any further updates lastly we may receive the March 2019 SP. This may be the last update for Nokia 2 users. (All sources are from international chat support . See the attached screenshot )
    ✭✭✭  /  edited April 20
    Need not to be worried as there are 3 devices Nokia 3,5,6 these are also released in MWC 2017 and still they get updates there no special rule was assigned for Nokia 2 for ending the updates i think there is miscommunication from there
  • Swapnil Raj Swapnil Raj
    ✭✭✭  /  edited April 21
    @Punyabrata Nokia chat support is useless. They always give wrong information. Nokia 2 was launched in Nov 2017. So 2 years are still not over

March Update will some soon. @HMD_Laura confirmed the same last week

Even the flagship Nokia 8 Sirocco hasn't got March Update. Have some patience dear.