Nokia smartphones get a price cut in India

Nokia has officially slashed the prices of Nokia 1, Nokia 2.1 and Nokia 6.1 plus (6GB RAM variant) in India Here are the new prices Nokia 1 - Rs.3,999/- Nokia…

Nokia smartphones get a price cut in India

Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
✭✭✭✭  /  edited April 6
Nokia has officially slashed the prices of Nokia 1, Nokia 2.1 and Nokia 6.1 plus (6GB RAM variant) in India
Here are the new prices
Nokia 1 - Rs.3,999/-
Nokia 2.1 - Rs.5,499/-
Nokia 6.1 Plus (6GB RAM) - Rs.16,999/-

Comments

  • wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Great news for customers in India who still wants to buy a Nokia Phone. 😀
  • Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited April 6
    Great news for customers in India who still wants to buy a Nokia Phone. 😀
    Yup, but this price cut is for the customers who want a low end phone. Nokia 1 is priced at 3699 on Flipkart which is an amazing price for a Nokia. They should have launched Nokia 1 at 4k and it would have ruled the extreme low end smartphone market in India 😁

    Also the price cut could be a preparation for the launch of Nokia 1 Plus, 3.2 and 4.2. And I hope they price these devices well this time.
  • wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Great news for customers in India who still wants to buy a Nokia Phone. 😀
    Yup, but this price cut is for the customers who want a low end phone. Nokia 1 is priced at 3699 on Flipkart which is an amazing price for a Nokia. They should have launched Nokia 1 at 4k and it would have ruled the extreme low end smartphone market in India 😁

    Also the price cut could be a preparation for the launch of Nokia 1 Plus, 3.2 and 4.2. And I hope they price these devices well this time.
    Yes indeed they must be preparing for the launch of the devices you mentioned and hence the price cut.

    Although I'm not sure if they will do any justice to the pricing this time too. But let's be hopeful.
  • Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Great news for customers in India who still wants to buy a Nokia Phone. 😀
    Yup, but this price cut is for the customers who want a low end phone. Nokia 1 is priced at 3699 on Flipkart which is an amazing price for a Nokia. They should have launched Nokia 1 at 4k and it would have ruled the extreme low end smartphone market in India 😁

    Also the price cut could be a preparation for the launch of Nokia 1 Plus, 3.2 and 4.2. And I hope they price these devices well this time.
    Yes indeed they must be preparing for the launch of the devices you mentioned and hence the price cut.

    Although I'm not sure if they will do any justice to the pricing this time too. But let's be hopeful.
    Don't want to speculate but it would be great if new devices are priced something like this. 
    Nokia 1 Plus - ₹5000
    Nokia 3.2 - ₹7000
    Nokia 4.2 - ₹9000 OR could be made online exclusive and priced aggressively. 🙂 
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Kartik Gada said:
    Don't want to speculate but it would be great if new devices are priced something like this. 
    Nokia 1 Plus - ₹5000
    Nokia 3.2 - ₹7000
    Nokia 4.2 - ₹9000 OR could be made online exclusive and priced aggressively. 🙂 
    So many products. I wish Nokia 4.2 was a 5.2 with a similar processor as 5.1 Plus and was sold exclusively online. I guess the 5.1 Plus is available for 10k in offline now?
    The end up competing with themselves. Or else they should completely eliminate the old phones from the market when new ones come and they should always be an exact upgrade of the existing. So it can overwrite it. 
  • Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    So many products. I wish Nokia 4.2 was a 5.2 with a similar processor as 5.1 Plus and was sold exclusively online. I guess the 5.1 Plus is available for 10k in offline now?
    The end up competing with themselves. Or else they should completely eliminate the old phones from the market when new ones come and they should always be an exact upgrade of the existing. So it can overwrite it. 
    But Nokia 5.2 with Helio P60 in 2019? A big NO. It would be the same situation as SD660 on X71. "The processor is old". 😅
    The SD439 on 4.2 is fine. Now, they just need to price it well and make it online exclusive. This can compete with redmis in low end and has better design and features.

    They could be working on a Nokia 5.2 with Helio P70? 😁That would be amazing haha. 😉
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    So many products. I wish Nokia 4.2 was a 5.2 with a similar processor as 5.1 Plus and was sold exclusively online. I guess the 5.1 Plus is available for 10k in offline now?
    The end up competing with themselves. Or else they should completely eliminate the old phones from the market when new ones come and they should always be an exact upgrade of the existing. So it can overwrite it. 
    But Nokia 5.2 with Helio P60 in 2019? A big NO. It would be the same situation as SD660 on X71. "The processor is old". 😅
    The SD439 on 4.2 is fine. Now, they just need to price it well and make it online exclusive. This can compete with redmis in low end and has better design and features.

    They could be working on a Nokia 5.2 with Helio P70? 😁That would be amazing haha. 😉
    I didn't mean to say the exactly same processor. I meant a similar one, considering the upgrades which happened during the period. Sorry for not being clear. Anyhow, even the same processor won't hurt, just like it doesn't hurt the Redmi Note 7. If the item is good for the asking price, it will sell well. Plus running a similar chain of hardware does make it easier to maintain the devices because the architecture and platform remains the same. So, most of your Android build can remain the same.
    If they are working on a 5.2, then it will once again find a hard time fitting against their existing portfolio and the new 4.2. They just need to do something to the existing phones else it won't work out. We have the 5.1, 5.1 Plus, 3.1 Plus, all filling that 10-12k price range. Similarly the 3.1 already sells for the 8k-9k mark and now the 4.2 wants to take this place.
    Another problem with this is that some misinformed consumers will end up buying a different device and will curse it when they'll realize that a new one was/is available for a similar price. I'm not a marketing pro, so, i only see a problem. I don't have a solution, but my suggestion is to control stocks and phase out old products when the new one is ready to be released. That first of all reduces competition amongst your own stuff, then it also reduces the confusion in the market and your marketing focuses on the few new products only. The store shelf features your latest and the greatest, eliminating the old.
  • Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    I didn't mean to say the exactly same processor. I meant a similar one, considering the upgrades which happened during the period. Sorry for not being clear. Anyhow, even the same processor won't hurt, just like it doesn't hurt the Redmi Note 7. If the item is good for the asking price, it will sell well. Plus running a similar chain of hardware does make it easier to maintain the devices because the architecture and platform remains the same. So, most of your Android build can remain the same.
    If they are working on a 5.2, then it will once again find a hard time fitting against their existing portfolio and the new 4.2. They just need to do something to the existing phones else it won't work out. We have the 5.1, 5.1 Plus, 3.1 Plus, all filling that 10-12k price range. Similarly the 3.1 already sells for the 8k-9k mark and now the 4.2 wants to take this place.
    Another problem with this is that some misinformed consumers will end up buying a different device and will curse it when they'll realize that a new one was/is available for a similar price. I'm not a marketing pro, so, i only see a problem. I don't have a solution, but my suggestion is to control stocks and phase out old products when the new one is ready to be released. That first of all reduces competition amongst your own stuff, then it also reduces the confusion in the market and your marketing focuses on the few new products only. The store shelf features your latest and the greatest, eliminating the old.
    Agree with the last part of the 1st para but I didn't get the redmi note 7 part. Redmi Note 7 with SD660 is an upgrade over the redmi note 6 that came with SD636. So, not the same processor. Maybe you are trying to say something else from a different point of view which I didn't understand. 😅

    Nokia 4.2 was not needed IMHO. Now, that they launched it they should make it online exclusive and price it well. They can stop producing the plus devices from now on. Nokia 5.2 can replace both Nokia 5.1 and 5.1 plus with good specifications. And same for other devices as well. For the offline market, they can release a different phone just like they did with Nokia 7.1.

    The older devices are not visible in stores once the new ones arrive. So, I don't see it as a problem. Nokia 3.2 and 4.2 will not compete with an older phone like the Nokia 3.1 which will already start going off the shelf.

    I agree with the misinformed consumer part. I remember one of my college friends purchased a Lumia 530 assuming it would be better than the Lumia 525 as it was the successor to it. And he was sad when he found out that 525 was a much superior phone. I have noticed HMD being good at maintaining and clearing old stock. As soon as the 2nd gen devices were launched all 1st gen devices got a price cut and were soon out of stock on many online stores. Same with 7 plus when Nokia 8.1 was announced. But the offline market is different and small store owners might have some old stock left too. :)
Sign In or Register to comment.