Where is the weather widget from the Nokia 8.1 lockscreen?

Yesterday, i switched from Nokia 7 plus to Nokia 8.1 and i really like this device, but i'm missing a feature.

Where is the weather widget from the Nokia 8.1 lockscreen?

terjekdavid terjekdavid
✭✭  / 
Yesterday, i switched from Nokia 7 plus to Nokia 8.1 and i really like this device, but i'm missing a feature. Every marketing image is showing a weather widget under the clock on the lockscreen. I had a conversation with the chat support and they told me that this is not the lockscreen, it's the homescreen.:DDDDDDD Can anyone help me? These are marketing images from Nokia 8.1:
Tagged:

Answers

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    The support is mis-informed as always. So, this isn't present on the Nokia 8.1 and there's no setting (yet) which can enable it. Not to hard to enable it (for them) but it's just not there. Let's see if they enable it in a future update. I believe that it is a part of the Google app and Google has broken the functionality. Who knows 😁
  • terjekdavid terjekdavid
    ✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    The support is mis-informed as always. So, this isn't present on the Nokia 8.1 and there's no setting (yet) which can enable it. Not to hard to enable it (for them) but it's just not there. Let's see if they enable it in a future update. I believe that it is a part of the Google app and Google has broken the functionality. Who knows 😁
    I see. :D Thank you for this information. :)
  • Argho Sarkar Argho Sarkar
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Anyway what's the need of weather widget on lockscreen. We have the weather information 24*7 as from the surroundings..  :D :D

• Richard Lunde Richard Lunde
    ✭✭  / 
    I have been looking for information about the same thing. I want my lockscreen to look like the above one. Got Nokia 8.1 today, and is there really no solution on the problem as we speak?
    ✭✭  / 
    > @Argho Sarkar said:
    > Anyway what's the need of weather widget on lockscreen. We have the weather information 24*7 as from the surroundings..  :D :D
    Well some people need it. To see if the sun is comming or not lol. I guess you live in a country where there is sun all the time, makes things easy then lol
    ✭✭  / 
    > @terjekdavid said:
    > Yesterday, i switched from Nokia 7 plus to Nokia 8.1 and i really like this device, but i'm missing a feature. Every marketing image is showing a weather widget under the clock on the lockscreen. I had a conversation with the chat support and they told me that this is not the lockscreen, it's the homescreen.:DDDDDDD Can anyone help me? These are marketing images from Nokia 8.1:

The above photo shows how I want my lockscreen to bee. Have Nokia really made no solution on the problem?
  • seanetta seanetta
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Want to know the weather?? Just look out the window 🙄 why do you need a widget on lock screen?? 
  • GTR12 GTR12
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Look out the window, stupid people everywhere... 🙄