Why is the charging on Nokia 6.1 Plus awfully slow? It takes almost 3 hours to charge completely

Unlike the Nokia 6.1 this takes a long time to even charge 10%. How can this be fixed? It is frustrating to say the least

Why is the charging on Nokia 6.1 Plus awfully slow? It takes almost 3 hours to charge completely

Unlike the Nokia 6.1 this takes a long time to even charge 10%. How can this be fixed? It is frustrating to say the least
Tagged:

Answers

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Generally the phones charge slower when you're using them while they are plugged into a power source. Does it still take the same amount do time if you tuen off the display and leave it to charge?

If you have access to a different charger which is QC3 certified, then you can try that. You'll see a minor improvement in the charging time.
  • Even when I leave it on charge it takes quite a lot of time and I use the original Nokia charger that I received with the phone. Earlier I had a Nokia 6.1 and that phone would charge 50% in less than 30mins. 
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    The Nokia 6.1 did ship with the QC3 certified charger. Plus the device did fully support Qualcomm's Quickcharge technology. The Nokia 6.1 Plus isn't officially listed as a fast charge capable device, neither did it ship with a certified adapter (it uses the standard 5V 2A adapter). But since the CPU is, users who used a QC3 certified charger did notice a slight improvement in the total charhe time. That's the only information I can provide :) "
  • Dogs over Humans Dogs over Humans
    ✭✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    The Nokia 6.1 did ship with the QC3 certified charger. Plus the device did fully support Qualcomm's Quickcharge technology. The Nokia 6.1 Plus isn't officially listed as a fast charge capable device, neither did it ship with a certified adapter (it uses the standard 5V 2A adapter). But since the CPU is, users who used a QC3 certified charger did notice a slight improvement in the total charhe time. That's the only information I can provide :) "
    just to be clear @singhnsk sir, slight improvement means no more than 10 mins difference. 
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    just to be clear @singhnsk sir, slight improvement means no more than 10 mins difference. 
    I am not super sure, but if I compare the YouTuber's outcome with the one quoted by user (almost 3 hours), I guess there's a significant difference. ~120 minutes vs ~170 minutes.
  • Dogs over Humans Dogs over Humans
    ✭✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    singhnsk said:
    I am not super sure, but if I compare the YouTuber's outcome with the one quoted by user (almost 3 hours), I guess there's a significant difference. ~120 minutes vs ~170 minutes.
    yeah that's significant, let's just assume the phone is being used otherwise it never takes 3 hours with my device.
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Now that's something only the user would know. If its being used then the 3HR period isn't even bad. Better than leaving the battery to charge at higher temps and increasing the chances of sonething bad to happen.
  • Ashwin Daberao Ashwin Daberao
     /  edited April 12
    I purchased my Nokia 6.1 plus on 8thapril,2019 I m charging my phone with original box Nokia charger it take long time for charge as well as bad battery backup really bad experience worst phone ever I purchased. 
  • aarif rao aarif rao
    ✭✭  / 
    My phone charge 80 percent in about 50min and full in 1h20min
  • RUSLI03 RUSLI03
    ✭✭  / 
    I have experienced the same thing. My Nokia is charging 2 hours 45 minutes to get fully charged. I have used QC 3.0 adapter and cable from AUKEY but it doesn't charge faster. It's so disappointing me. I think It is gonna be my last Nokia phone and I'll be back to Samsung again.