Unable to Connect phone using USB, Unable to transfer Files, USb Not recognized

Hi, I have Nokia 8.1 and having a strange issue with USB connection from past few days using original box USB cable.

Unable to Connect phone using USB, Unable to transfer Files, USb Not recognized

Rohit16 Rohit16
✭✭  / 
Hi,
I have Nokia 8.1 and having a strange issue with USB connection from past few days using original box USB cable.

1. If I connect Nokia 8.1 with usb cable (type c) to laptop the phone is recognized as a connected device. Strangely the phone shows charging symbol for 10 seconds and goes off as soon as screen turns off. I am not even able to change the USB preferences while phone is connected on USB. This is unusual. I tried this with multiple laptops and the result is same.
  2. Due to this the phone is also not getting recognized in the Car USB port and hence Android Auto is also not prompted in the phone.
Both these thing confirm that there is some issue with Phone where a USB connection is not recognized.
Did anybody faced this issue?
Could it be a software issue? Or Hardware?
Interestingly this was working earlier and I observe this only recently. Sadly no solution even after factory Reset.

Nokia 8.1
Android Pie , Build : 00WW_2_590_SP01

Regards,
Rohit

Comments

• nitinkachare nitinkachare
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Rohit16 said:
    Hi,
    I have Nokia 8.1 and having a strange issue with USB connection from past few days using original box USB cable.

1. If I connect Nokia 8.1 with usb cable (type c) to laptop the phone is recognized as a connected device. Strangely the phone shows charging symbol for 10 seconds and goes off as soon as screen turns off. I am not even able to change the USB preferences while phone is connected on USB. This is unusual. I tried this with multiple laptops and the result is same.
    2. Due to this the phone is also not getting recognized in the Car USB port and hence Android Auto is also not prompted in the phone.
    Both these thing confirm that there is some issue with Phone where a USB connection is not recognized.
    Did anybody faced this issue?
    Could it be a software issue? Or Hardware?
    Interestingly this was working earlier and I observe this only recently. Sadly no solution even after factory Reset.

Nokia 8.1
    Android Pie , Build : 00WW_2_590_SP01

Regards,
    Rohit

No I didn't see any issues i have regularly connect my nokia 8.1 to win7 pc and my laptop i.e.win10.
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 
    So, @Rohit16, you do not have an option to select USB options under the notification panel of the device when it is connected to the PC? By default it should only do charging until you select the dedicated "Transfer files" option from the notification.
    If that does not help, I'd want you to put the device into download/fastboot mode and see if the PC's device manager recognize it as a Fastboot device. Or if you don't have the drivers installed, as Android with exclamation mark.
  • Rohit16 Rohit16
    ✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    So, @Rohit16, you do not have an option to select USB options under the notification panel of the device when it is connected to the PC? By default it should only do charging until you select the dedicated "Transfer files" option from the notification.
    If that does not help, I'd want you to put the device into download/fastboot mode and see if the PC's device manager recognize it as a Fastboot device. Or if you don't have the drivers installed, as Android with exclamation mark.
    No it is still not working.the issue persists. Installed android driverdrivers on pc
  • I also have issues when trying to connect my 3.1 to pc cant transfer files pc dont seem to find any files. Have tried to find and install drivers but states i have most recent find it very irritating.
  • aalittle aalittle
    ✭✭  / 
    Hardware issue
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/nokia-8-1/help/problems-usb-c-connector-t3894600

You can try to force the transmission line a little bit when you insert it.
    Or try different sides of the USB-C cable connector

A big chance is that the charging hole is faulty.

I have seen several cases where only one side of the charging hole can be used normally. When inserting the cable, which direction to try can be used normally.

Use non-original lines, also improve organic rate

If the charging hole is faulty, there are usually two situations.
    In one case, the charging is not normal, the lightning pattern is displayed in the upper right corner, but the charging percentage is not displayed below, there is no sound when inserted, and it is almost impossible to charge.

Another situation is that transferring files to a computer or laptop via USB can cause anomalies and the connection is unstable.

If you can't solve it, you have to find a manufacturer to repair it.
  • Hi I'm also unable to transfer files to my pc using my USB cable. Please @aalittle what do you mean by non-original lines

• Jp4 Jp4
    ✭✭  / 

• Jp4 Jp4
    ✭✭  / 

• Jp4 Jp4
    ✭✭  / 

My Nokia 8.1 is not supporting usb after I reset my phone

How can I solve this