Nokia 8 Sirocco is the only Android One flagship to not get March update

Nokia 8(non android one), Nokia 5(non android one), Nokia 3.1+(non android one but Mediatek), Nokia 2(non android one) have their reasons for not getting updates.

Nokia 8 Sirocco is the only Android One flagship to not get March update

Swapnil Raj Swapnil Raj
✭✭✭  / 
Nokia 8(non android one), Nokia 5(non android one), Nokia 3.1+(non android one but Mediatek), Nokia 2(non android one) have their reasons for not getting updates.

Does it mean that something great is coming for Sirocco because there is no reason delaying the update ?

Comments

• romu romu
    ✭✭✭  / 

Does it mean that something great is coming for Sirocco because there is no reason delaying the update ?
    It could also mean, that we are not getting any updates anymore. At least I would expect, that HMD lets us know why the update is delayed. With android one the monthly update is not an option, it is a must. After a very late Pie upgrade now a month without security update, while all lower priced HMD phones did get it. 
  • Swapnil Raj Swapnil Raj
    ✭✭✭  / 

So Nokia 3.1 plus also getting pie today. Now only Nokia 2, 5, 8 and Sirocco remain
  • Lawss Lawss
    ✭✭✭  / 

So Nokia 3.1 plus also getting pie today. Now only Nokia 2, 5, 8 and Sirocco remain
    I dont agree on something  Nokia 3.1+ is an android one phone....
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @Lawss sorry typing mistake
  • romu romu
    ✭✭✭  / 
    This is very sad. Another April week ends and still no March update. Next week starts the due time for de April update...
  • One of Two One of Two
    ✭✭  /  edited April 2019
    my Nokia 5 got the pie update at least a month ago. and if I remember correctly it runs with android one. Similar to my Nokia 8 Scirocco. The sad thing is, that Nokia wasn't able to roll out the march updates till now... Keep in mind that Google still released the april update nearly two weeks ago... March and April Updates habe not been released for the most of the Nokia phones as written at Nokias update page... maybe they have a whatever-problem? the support guys are  not helping with this topic too....
  • One of Two One of Two
    ✭✭  / 
    romu said:

It could also mean, that we are not getting any updates anymore. At least I would expect, that HMD lets us know why the update is delayed. With android one the monthly update is not an option, it is a must. After a very late Pie upgrade now a month without security update, while all lower priced HMD phones did get it. 
    Why should the Nokia 8 sirocco get no Updates anymore? Its an Android one phone and based on that program it Nokia needs to provide monthly updates at least for the next two years after launch. So Nokia needs to provide them at least till April 2020. 
    ✭✭✭  /  edited April 2019
    @One of Two
     Nokia 5 is not android one.
    March update for Nokia 5 coming this week. A staff member of HMD Laura posted that a few days ago.

Nokia 8 Sirocco is android one and hence it will get security updates for 3 years from launch
  • masanza masanza
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @Swapnil Raj stop giving the wrong information about Nokia phones every time
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Nokia 9 Pureview getting April Patch today.
    Now only Sirocco and Nokia 2 left to get March update
  • One of Two One of Two
    ✭✭  / 
    masanza said:
    @Swapnil Raj stop giving the wrong information about Nokia phones every time
    what do you mean in detail? 
  • One of Two One of Two
    ✭✭  /  edited April 2019
    @One of Two
     Nokia 5 is not android one.
    March update for Nokia 5 coming this week. A staff member of HMD Laura posted that a few days ago.

Nokia 8 Sirocco is android one and hence it will get security updates for 3 years from launch
    hmmm.   wondering why the Nokia support doesn't have this release dates...  we'll see when it happens... hope the best  

I would wish that the 8 Sirocco gets monthly updates for 3 years, what is promised by android ond program is 2 years monthly and then one year with a lower release frequency (was it every 3 month?).

We will see if hey can manage this, they still were not able to fulfil the android one release strategy: no march, no april update for 8 sirocco arrived. ☹️

The worse is, that if you contact the support, they know nothing, o release dates, no cause for the delay. ☹️
    ✭✭✭  /  edited April 2019
    @One of Two Yes the 3rd year is supposed to give quarterly security updates but Nokia 6 is in its 3rd year and is still getting monthly security updates. 
    So these rules don't matter. It all depends on HMD Global when and for how long they decide to give updates to a particular phone and at what frequency.
    Nokia cannot be so shameless as to delay updates for a flagship Sirocco despite getting all the abuses and criticism. I think some major update might be coming which should be worth all the wait just like the update which came for Nokia 9 today after a long wait.
  • Ted Ted
    ✭✭  /  edited April 2019
    It's true, Nokia 9 just got update. They should have moderators to confirm or give some information to the users about future updates and why is there a delay. 
  • One of Two One of Two
    ✭✭  / 
    @One of Two Yes the 3rd year is supposed to give quarterly security updates but Nokia 6 is in its 3rd year and is still getting monthly security updates. 
    So these rules don't matter. It all depends on HMD Global when and for how long they decide to give updates to a particular phone and at what frequency.
    Nokia cannot be so shameless as to delay updates for a flagship Sirocco despite getting all the abuses and criticism. I think some major update might be coming which should be worth all the wait just like the update which came for Nokia 9 today after a long wait.
    Well, let's hope the best. I remember about a time frame within a update needs to be delivered to customers after release by Google according to the android one program  Wasn't it 6 weeks, was it?
  • One of Two One of Two
    ✭✭  / 
    Ted said:
    It's true, Nokia 9 just got update. They should have moderators to confirm or give some information to the users about future updates and why is there a delay. 
    yes absolutely! And if they post some information via an unofficial channel their official channel (the Nokia guys at support chat and the Hotline) should have this information present.

The actual way to inform the customers about that massive update delay is not professional handled.