Nokia 5.1 fit for purpose?

In the UK and still running on android 8.0.

Nokia 5.1 fit for purpose?

Stockton_Flyer Stockton_Flyer
✭✭  / 
In the UK and still running on android 8.0.

I've had the phone for about 2 months now. Initially I was delighted but after many hours researching, factory resetting, killing power saving evenwell apps I have come to the conclusion this phone is severely handicapped. I cannot keep the APPs I use running in the background. I have tried everything that has been suggested in this forum and others without success. Will Pie 9.0 help me?

I don't care about poorer battery performance I just want this phone to be a whole lot smarter than it is. Smart phone it ain't!

I personally don't believe this phone is fit for purpose.

My phone doesn't just kill apps after 20 minutes in the background as others have posted but literally is capable of switching them off before my very eyes immediately after I have enabled them!

Apps such as Norton App Lock, Kaspersky Internet Security are impossible to keep up and running along with many others.

I am lost here, help needed. 

Tagged:

Comments

• On Android 8.0 it was enough to uninstall com.evenwell.emm package via adb to fix background apps. On Android 9 that trick does not work 100%, some non-system background services are still killed.
  • Stockton_Flyer Stockton_Flyer
    ✭✭  / 
    On Android 8.0 it was enough to uninstall com.evenwell.emm package via adb to fix background apps. On Android 9 that trick does not work 100%, some non-system background services are still killed.
    That did the trick! Thank you so much!

I had seen reference to to com.evenwell.emm in other posts but stupidly ignored it as I thought the EMM app on my phome was a stock Android system app. When I checked using ADB sure enough it was an evenwell package. Killed it and hey presto!

Thanks again!!!
  • In my phone the battery is so quick discharge  and selfe camera is also not good much