Phone lock not working

I have gone to service centre 2 times but still my issue is not solved.

Phone lock not working

Rishi1405 Rishi1405
✭✭  / 
I have gone to service centre 2 times but still my issue is not solved. The problem i am facing is that my phone do not get locked sometimes even after having pin + fingerprint sensor as my screen lock. When i press my on button i see that phone is not locked and is accessible to anyone as their is no lock. Then i have to restart my phone to solve this issue. Kindly help me guys...don't know what to do.

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Rishi1405 It should be something to do with the delay after which the phone should lock itself up or it is related to "Smart lock".

Check smartlock settings: Settings > Security & Location > Smart Lock
    Smartlock keeps the device unlocked based on certain conditions such as On body detection, trusted places (based on location), trusted devices (when a Bluetooth device is nearby).
    It is very likely that you have enabled one of these settings mistakenly and that's keeping the device unlocked. Generally the Bluetooth one happens because whenever you connect a new Bluetooth device, it throws a notification of you wanna keep the phone unlocked when the BT device is in range.

Check Lock delay: Settings > Security & Location > Automatically lock
    This setting decides how long should the device wait before locking itself after the screen turns off. The default and a safe number is 5 seconds. Ensure that you haven't mistakenly set a larger value.

Let's see how that goes :)
  • Rishi1405 Rishi1405
    ✭✭  / 
    @singhnsk thanks for your reply. I have checked every setting and every mobile setting is according to your answer only. Nothing have been touched . 
    Don't know what to do?.. i think i need to wait for an update.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    To be honest, @Rishi1405, this doesn't seem like a issue which anybody else has faced. So, this shouldn't be targeted in an OS update. I'd recommend that you backup your apps and data and then do a factory reset. That should rule out any chance of a software bug causing your device to not lock.
    Also, does this same thing happen when you use power button to lock the device?
  • bhagyesh2491 bhagyesh2491
    ✭✭  / 
    Yeah  factory reset could help
  • Rishi1405 Rishi1405
    ✭✭  / 
    Ok. I will try it out and then let you know . And this time when i will face issue i will make a video and share it with you guys.