FM Radio won't work on flight mode

as opposed to all other manufacturers, with Nokia 6.1 2018  I can't use FM radio while in flight mode.

FM Radio won't work on flight mode

razor3 razor3
✭✭  / 
as opposed to all other manufacturers, with Nokia 6.1 2018  I can't use FM radio while in flight mode.
I know these days many people no longer use FM radio (ancient technology) , however, I use it a lot.
That is on top of the lousy FM reception with headphones.

the other issue is related to headphones: when restarting the phone with headpones it will play 3 notes from the Nokia theme through speaker ! That's unacceptable if you are late at night and wish to stay silent.
Tagged:

Comments

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 
    razor3 said:
    I know these days many people no longer use FM radio (ancient technology) , however, I use it a lot.
    That is on top of the lousy FM reception with headphones.

the other issue is related to headphones: when restarting the phone with headpones it will play 3 notes from the Nokia theme through speaker ! That's unacceptable if you are late at night and wish to stay silent.
    Hello

Have you tried cleaning out the head phone jack there could be some stuff in there causing a poor connection to your headphones.

Regards

Jason 
  • razor3 razor3
    ✭✭  /  edited April 14
    youtube+headphones works great under same conditions.
    tested on 2018 Oct update as well as on recent March 2019 Pie update
    The only thing I found to slightly help this FM radio is reduce it from stereo-->mono in settings.

• MobileCR MobileCR
    ✭✭✭  / 
    FM radio (no need for streaming over the internet) is not ancient technology. It is still widely used and highly demanded in several developing countries as well as third world nations.  Even in the US people do know how stupid it is to get rid of FM radio receiver in phones (apple and samsung way of doing business) it is a shame HMD is also following the dumb trend of removing FM radio (like in nokia 8 sirocco and most of 2019 portfolio) HMD DOES NEED to WAKE UP and become true to Nokia roots.