Anybody else experiencing soft reboots since MR 3.51F?

My 6.1 (TA-1043) is rebooting randomly now. It's a soft reboot, i.e. does not play the Nokia melody but acts like it has finished rebooting. E.g.:

Anybody else experiencing soft reboots since MR 3.51F?

oli-v-er1 oli-v-er1
 /  edited April 10
My 6.1 (TA-1043) is rebooting randomly now. It's a soft reboot, i.e. does not play the Nokia melody but acts like it has finished rebooting.
E.g.: I just switched on the torch - phone soft-reboots. 
Any idea or help? 

Best Answer

• oli-v-er1 oli-v-er1
     /  Accepted Answer
    It did reboot often, even after a factory reset. However, after quitting Ad Guard DNS and battery savings, it got OK.
    You are right. It's adguard, and it is an Android bug. But I think the bug came in with new MR for I used adguard already before the update.
    Google search: dns adguard reboot
    Thank you.

Answers

• tudor georgescu tudor georgescu
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I had that often with Ad Guard DNS over TLS server. Also disabling battery saving seems to help.
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 
    oli-v-er1 said:
    My 6.1 (TA-1043) is rebooting randomly now. It's a soft reboot, i.e. does not play the Nokia melody but acts like it has finished rebooting.
    Any idea or help? 
    No have not seen this issue after this mornings update.  Have you restarted the phone since the update.  Does it do this if you boot up in safe mode?

Regards
    Jason 
  • jdi000 said:
    oli-v-er1 said:
    Any idea or help? 
    No have not seen this issue after this mornings update.  Have you restarted the phone since the update.  Does it do this if you boot up in safe mode?

Regards
    Jason 
    Did not try safe mode yet. It should not be necessary - should not be necessary here as I do not use any "exotic" apps, nor have never experienced apps causing such without being rooted: the device is all original...
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 
    oli-v-er1 said:
    jdi000 said:
    oli-v-er1 said:
    Any idea or help? 

Regards
    Jason 
    Did not try safe mode yet. It should not be necessary - should not be necessary here as I do not use any "exotic" apps, nor have never experienced apps causing such without being rooted: the device is all original...
    Hello

If you don't want to try safe mode then backup everything and factory restore it.

Regards

Jason
  • I currently pause different apps to find out which one is the cause. 

I have a smart home with lots of devices and automation using Smart Life app. I can't backup that. So, factory reset will be my very last choice.
  • oli-v-er1 oli-v-er1
     /  edited April 11
    Device just restarted again while just being in standby. Nokia, I'm starting to doubt about you / Android One. This must not happen.

Maybe it's Google's fault (Google Play Services beta), but the probability is very small.

If a maintenance release requires a factory reset to run correctly - then, please, say so in update notification.

• tudor georgescu tudor georgescu
    ✭✭✭  / 
    It did reboot often, even after a factory reset. However, after quitting Ad Guard DNS and battery savings, it got OK.
  • Yes, it happened to my 6.1 too. The display went black, pressing volume and power buttons did nothing, the phone was not responding for some moments, then restarted on its own.
  • jdi000 said:
    oli-v-er1 said:
    jdi000 said:
    oli-v-er1 said:
    Any idea or help? 

Regards
    Jason 
    Hello

If you don't want to try safe mode then backup everything and factory restore it.

Regards

Jason
    You should not suggest factory reset unless you KNOW it would fix it! In this case a factory reset would have been completeley useless. 

A factory reset is not the answer to all questions, so please be careful in future suggesting it. You cause more trouble to Nokia customers by suggesting wrong solutions.
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 
    oli-v-er1 said:
    jdi000 said:
    oli-v-er1 said:
    jdi000 said:
    oli-v-er1 said:
    Any idea or help? 

Regards
    Jason 
    Hello

Regards

Jason
    You should not suggest factory reset unless you KNOW it would fix it! In this case a factory reset would have been completeley useless. 

A factory reset is not the answer to all questions, so please be careful in future suggesting it. You cause more trouble to Nokia customers by suggesting wrong solutions.
    Hello

You don't have to do a factory reset if you don't want to.  The risk is not backing up your data, beyond to that what is your concern with a factory reset?  

Regards

Jason