Anybody having Adaptive brightness bug in landscape mode?

Since the Pie update in last year's October, I am having a brightness issue.

Anybody having Adaptive brightness bug in landscape mode?

durr-e-adan durr-e-adan
✭✭  / 
Since the Pie update in last year's October, I am having a brightness issue. When I turn on adaptive brightness and open a landscape game, I no longer can adjust brightness using the brightness slider. When I slide the slider, it jumps back to where it was. This hasn't been fixed in the March MR as well.

Comments

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Since the Pie update in last year's October, I am having a brightness issue. When I turn on adaptive brightness and open a landscape game, I no longer can adjust brightness using the brightness slider. When I slide the slider, it jumps back to where it was. This hasn't been fixed in the March MR as well.
    Hello

I do not see this issue when using Netflix or Amazon video.  Does this happen in all apps or specific ones?

Regards

Jason
  • d-mi d-mi
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Adaptive brightness adjusts the brightness level according to the environment and as advertised that it monitors the brightness level of your usage for different apps and adapts it is kind of a joke. Turn it off and adjust your brightness manually. And it also drains battery a lot faster when turned on.
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  /  edited April 13
    d-mi said:
    Adaptive brightness adjusts the brightness level according to the environment and as advertised that it monitors the brightness level of your usage for different apps and adapts it is kind of a joke. Turn it off and adjust your brightness manually. And it also drains battery a lot faster when turned on.
    I am curious to see if it drains the battery faster with it on.  Maybe it's just making the screen brighter than most would normally use thus it would use more battery.
    At first it seems to be overly aggressive at both dim and brightening but I manually move it if necessary for me it is  a way to help remind me to keep the screen only as bright as I really need.

Regards

Jason