WHY IS NOKIA BEHAVING SO DISCRIMINATORY WITH NOKIA 7 PLUS USERS?

It is now close to 1 year that I will be having Nokia 7 Plus in my hands. DO REMEMBER THAT I PURCHASED IT AFTER SPENDING INR 26000.

WHY IS NOKIA BEHAVING SO DISCRIMINATORY WITH NOKIA 7 PLUS USERS?

praveenp praveenp
✭✭✭  / 
It is now close to 1 year that I will be having Nokia 7 Plus in my hands.
DO REMEMBER THAT I PURCHASED IT AFTER SPENDING INR 26000.
I don't know what plans is Nokia having?
This is what Mr. Juho Sarvikas said in a tweet dated 2 July 2018
https://twitter.com/sarvikas/status/1013659672543416320
A part of his tweet says "On the quality of the updates, we are doubling down on the Nokia 7 Plus where I've seen a lot of feedback here from India."

MY QUESTION IS.... WHERE ARE THOSE UPDATES????

NOKIA JUST GOT RID OF ITS RESPONSIBILITIES BY INCLUDING NOKIA 7 PLUS INTO THE ANDROID ONE PROGRAM... They think that customers will go mum and will be happy with the regular security updates and will continue to get fooled...
Their philosophy is... Let the users suffer and cry over their phones for spending such a hefty amount and getting 
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IN RETURN.

The Camera is PATHETIC TO THE CORE.
NO FEATURES LIKE A BETTER PRO MODE... DEDICATED MODES TO SHOOT VARIOUS SCENES LIKE LANDSCAPE, FOOD, NIGHT SHOT, ETC....
THE LAST UPDATE IN THE CAMERA APP WAS, AS FAR AS I CAN REMEMBER, WHEN ANDROID PIE WAS PUSHED VIA OTA... THE NATIVE CAMERA APP WAS GIVEN A NEW LOOK AND SOME FEATURES LIKE FACE FILTERS WERE ADDED... BUT AFTER THAT.... THE DEVELOPERS LOST THEIR CODES AND ALGORITHMS TO DO BETTER IN THE CAMERA SEGMENT... 
EVEN THE PORTRAIT MODE IS STILL THE SAME.... UNABLE TO DETECT THE EDGES CORRECTLY...
THE PRO MODE IS STILL HAVING A MAXIMUM OF 4 SECONDS SHUTTER SPEED... WHEREAS SOME CHINES BRANDS WITH THE SAME CHIPSET GIVE 10SECONDS TO 30SECONDS OF SHUTTER SPEED FOR BETTER PHOTOGRAPHY EXPERIENCE...
I can say with FULL ASSURANCE that if Oxford looks for a new synonym for the word PATHETIC or USELESS, they can undoubtedly go with NOKIA 7 PLUS... Because it justifies these words...

NOKIA HAS BEEN CONTINUOUSLY FOOLING THE USERS ABOUT GIVING """FACE UNLOCK"""
LOOK AT THESE TWEETS. 
(SEE ALL TWEETS AT THIS LINK: 
https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&q=FROM%3A%40NOKIAMOBILEIN%20nokia%207%20plus%2Bface%20unlock&src=typd)

THE FIRST TWEET WAS ON 4 MAY 2018 WITH THE TEXT
Hi there! The Nokia 7 Plus will get face unlock as an OTA update in the coming months. Stay tuned on our social pages for updates on the future announcement."

THE LATEST TWEET WITH THE ""SAME TEXT"" WAS ON 28 MARCH 2019. NEARLY 11 MONTHS ALREADY GONE AND THEIR OTA UPDATE IS STILL NOT FOUND...

AT LEAST HAVE SOME SHAME GUYS.... THIS IS WHAT YOU CALLED CUSTOMER SATISFACTION???

I CAN'T EVEN THROW AWAY THIS UTTER PIECE OF CRAP I AM HAVING IN MY HAND... THE SUPERB NOKIA 7 PLUS... BECAUSE BEING A STUDENT AND HAVING SAVING MONEY TO BUY A DECENT PHONE, I HAVE INVESTED INR 26000 IN THIS CRAP... AND WASTING SUCH A HUGE AMOUNT OF MONEY BECAUSE THE BRAND IS A CRAP TOO, IS NOT FEASIBLE FOR ME...
I WENT TO BUY THIS PHONE BASED ON THE REVIEWS BY TOP TECH REVIEWERS... BUT NOW I REALIZE THAT NOT EVERYTHING THAT GLITTERS IS GOLD... SOMETIMES IT MERELY A CHEAP GOLD POLISH UNDER A UTTERLY CHEAP PRODUCT.... POSSIBLY... THE REVIEWS MIGHT ALSO BE PAID ONES...

TO MY BAD... NOBODY IS EVEN READY TO BUY THIS SH*T AT HALF OF THE PRICE... JUST BECAUSE WHEN THEY ASK ABOUT FEATURES, EXPECT ANDROID ONE PROGRAM AND BRAND NAME, I DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO CONVINCE THEM TO BUY IT. THEY JUST SAY... THESE FEATURES, A NUMBER OF MORE FEATURES, ARE NOW AVAILABLE AT LESS THAN HALF OF THE PRICE... THEN WHY SHOULD WE BUY THIS CRAP?

CAN'T EVEN YELL OUT CUSS WORDS HERE BECAUSE I KNOW I WILL BE BANNED FOR QUESTIONING THE BRAND AND BEING ABUSIVE...

BUT GENUINELY... I CAN'T EVEN CONTROL MYSELF... I ALWAYS FEEL LIKE THROWING IT AWAY... BUT THEN ONLY THING THAT COMES TO MY MIND IS THE MONEY THAT I HAVE SPENT ON IT.... 

IN THE END... I HAVE TO BEAR THE BRUNT FOR CHOOSING THE WORST BRAND IN THE WORLD... WHOSE ONLY INTENTION IS TO FOOL PEOPLE AND LOOT THEIR MONEY AND GIVE ONLY FAKE ASSURANCE.... AND EVEN THE CHIEF PRODUCT OFFICER IS ACTIVELY INDULGED IN THIS ACT... UTTERLY SHAMEFUL....

Comments

• user1524673972271 user1524673972271
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Nokia | HMD is going down for sure.

• praveenp praveenp
    ✭✭✭  / 
    schetz said:
    A word of advice : please use regular font when typing. You possibly made some valid points, but this bold/italic /caps abomination is discouraging me from reading it. No, being angry and frustrated doesn't justify it, since other users will or won't be reading this, and none of them has a capacity to change the way of HMD.
    It was actually to highlight the things I wanted to convey... But yes, I too feel that keeping everything in CAPS looks unpleasing.
    But... Now since the editing time is over now, so there is no way to edit it...
  • lakshaykaura lakshaykaura
    ✭✭  / 
    Well said, all true!!!
  • ciolan ciolan
    ✭✭  / 
    Yeah, its the same all over the world. In Romania for me its the same, no update.
  • AniketThakur AniketThakur
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    praveenp said:
    schetz said:
    A word of advice : please use regular font when typing. You possibly made some valid points, but this bold/italic /caps abomination is discouraging me from reading it. No, being angry and frustrated doesn't justify it, since other users will or won't be reading this, and none of them has a capacity to change the way of HMD.
    It was actually to highlight the things I wanted to convey... But yes, I too feel that keeping everything in CAPS looks unpleasing.
    But... Now since the editing time is over now, so there is no way to edit it...
    The developers are pathetic. They can't fix small issues. On Oreo my only issue was stock camera but pie 🥺.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    praveenp said:
    singhnsk said:
    Ahh I don't know what to say to this thread. The points are probably valid, I'd appreciate if it was written in lowercase. If you expect others to read your thing, present it well :)
    I wouldn't say the devices are crap as you have been saying (like repeated the same thing several times). But yes, I have said against Android One several times and I'll say it again - Android One is not a good platform to build devices on and to sell them. There is 0 differentiation, 0 feature addition and a mere promise of software updates. To be honest, haven't seen a single marketing point from them except the "Pure. Secure and up to date".
    Unless HMD goes out and hires talents in-house to work on the cameras, nothing will probably help them. The camera hardware is good, the software part lacks and gives inconsistent output. If you take a picture and want to replicate it, it will probably take a few more retries to get a similar output, whereas this should be consistent. The cameras are still not bad though. If you probably compare the output with similarly priced phones from other OEMs, the best output will be more or less similar. However, yes, there aren't those fancy and gimmicy features in Nokia phones and the Camera app does slow down, freezes or erros out often. You also do have the freedom of choosing Google Camera ports.

Lastly, the issues such as the portrait mode edges aren't alone to Nokia. That's spread across brands. Just pick up any xyz phone in that range, fire the portrait and shoot, you'll see inconsistency at several areas. All because it is being done by software and it can't perfect it. It will cut areas, or blue the ears sometimes. As for the face unlock, you should probably have read in advance about Android One. Was such a feature advertised? Is such a feature present in competing Android One devices? Nope! So, whining about something which isn't sold to you is just too extreme.

If you just cool down yourself, and think with a fresh mind, you'll find a lot of problems in the competition products too. I agree that Nokia is not giving you the "Cool" or "Wow" factor with the features, but it does give you a consistent device experience (except for the camera). As for the resale value, the product is a new entry and there's extreme competition. Only chinese brands enjoy a good resale in modern world. Even Samsung is suffering with the resale after using the phone for a few months. 
    Partly agree with your points...

Edge detection is a software based thing, but still, brands with phone selling at half of the price have better edge detection in their photos. I have compared a few, and Nokia did failed at some instances.
    Regarding FACE UNLOCK... It is Nokia who had been telling every person that it will be given via OTA Update... So it is pretty evident that people will expect it to launch, and if it isn't launched, people will question too.

I have already left using Nokia Stock Camera app... It is not even worthy of using. Thanks to Google Ports... Although, still it lacks manual mode. And that of Nokia's stock camera is as you know, not even worth calling a PRO MODE.

I am an avid Radio listener. While purchasing I didn't looked for the native Radio app, as I have used Motorola phone of one of my friend and he was having it on stock android. Later, when I found that the phone doesn't even support a radio, it was a huge disappointment. I contacted their CC and asked about it. They blatantly lied that STOCK ANDROID DOESN'T EVEN SUPPORT RADIO, whereas their own devices like 6.1 & 7.1 are having radio apps. 

I have always been brand conscious, and never used a phone other than Nokia or Samsung. I purchased 7 Plus to use as my Primary Phone, as my old Samsung Galaxy A7 purchased in 2015 was now boring to use. But unfortunately, I landed using it as a Secondary Phone, and Samsung is still my primary one. Even though it is a 4 year old phone, its camera is much better than Nokia 7 Plus. Its performance is still butter smooth. But the only problem is updates. I got an update in January 2019 after 2017. But still, it is worth the price I paid (I paid 29k at that time), and I am pretty satisfied with my investment that the device is still running good after 4 years. I still remember that it hanged for the first time in January 2017, nearly 2 years after I purchased it.
    Whereas, I had already visited service center 10 times for my Nokia 7 Plus. Sometimes it was camera issue. Sometime it was software issue. Sometimes the phone was hanging and stuck on Nokia logo. Sometimes the phone settings were automatically changing. Other time the software had bugs and the service center personnel just said that I downloaded a WRONG SOFTWARE UPDATE. I just wonder how it was in my hand to download an update..

The customer care support is pathetic. Worse than Xiaomi.
    For Samsung, most of the software issues were resolved just via Call on their helpline where they use their app to access my phone and do the needed. Whereas, when we call Nokia helpline, the people are noobs and they just say, PLEASE VISIT THE NEAREST CUSTOMER CARE. Once, the SC in my city was unable to rectify the problem, then the online chat representative just asked me to visit another Service Center in another city, which is around 350km from my city. That's the level of expertise they have.

Overall, the crux of the story is that I lost this so-called investment.
    They skipped the FM hardware 🙁
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Nokia 7 plus,
    This is the worst phone I have ever used and wasted such a huge amount of money because of brand named NOKIA,  :/

Too much bugs, like screen freezes many times, auto restart while charging device and many more. 

Fake notice on Twitter about updates on new features like Face unlock, etc. etc.

Sometime I feel the same as to throw it down but can't do due to huge amount got wasted already

I can't even put my phone out of my pocket as I feel embarrassed when friends asked what feature I got in 26k investment. :s

Such a heck HMD-Destroying- Nokia
    Proof : Nokia 7 Plus
    Nokia 7 Plus isn't a bad phone. It does most of the tasks. The problem is with the buggy software (from pie onwards). Camera is trash , ik but temporary fix is gcam. It's much better than Samsung galaxy J series. First of all it's pure android so don't expect features like miui or any costum rom. We can only hope that they fix the software side on Q. It was a nice experience on Oreo but pie is buggy , infact mi A2 has bugs on pie. I think that the pie for Android one devices wasn't build properly. 
  • Daniel G M Daniel G M
    ✭✭✭  / 
    There is no such thing as FM hardware is not there. The hardware is there and is disabled at firmware level.
    Enabling it would require effort to tune it to the region where the phones are. So they simply skipped it.
  • praveenp praveenp
    ✭✭✭  / 
    There is no such thing as FM hardware is not there. The hardware is there and is disabled at firmware level.
    Enabling it would require effort to tune it to the region where the phones are. So they simply skipped it.
    I don't think so... If that was the case, they won't have enabled it on the 6.1, which was launched along with 7 Plus... Or on 7.1 which has similar variants as 7 Plus (Chinese & Global).

And if such was the case, XDA has quite a lot of developers who would have found a way to enable it. But there too, no one has found any solution to it..
  • Daniel G M Daniel G M
    ✭✭✭  /  edited April 13
    praveenp said:
    I don't think so... If that was the case, they won't have enabled it on the 6.1, which was launched along with 7 Plus... Or on 7.1 which has similar variants as 7 Plus (Chinese & Global).

And if such was the case, XDA has quite a lot of developers who would have found a way to enable it. But there too, no one has found any solution to it..
    There are a lot of things disabled on the 7 plus such as 120fps 1080P recording and 240fps 720P (SD 660 supports it https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon-660-mobile-platform). Why haven't anyone unlocked it ?
    Because it is locked down at firmware level.
    A firmware is not the same as software.
    It's machine level programming.
    An app or any hardware test will not show any hardware or feature that is locked down at firmware level.
    You clearly don't understand manufacturing process that's why you disagreed.
    FM hardware you are talking about is a part of the same chip. The snapdragon 660.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    vinayak said:
    My friend is using One plus 6 which runs an out of box Android pie. He didn't faced any bugs on Android pie. The thing is that Nokia developer are So Called developer. They are not even active on in this Forum. All they busy in just promotion of their new devices. Nokia is pathathetic when it comes to support and they have given chance to other brands to move forward in the race.

If I get a chance to meet their CEO or Product Director I will definitely ask them do you personally use your own Nokia devices in day to day life?? If they really would have used they might knewed what we are facing right now.

Their Customer Care in India are horrible. They don't even have a technical knowledge of Android. All they have is one solution for every problem is that "Reboot your phone in Fail Safe Mode" and try it. As if "Safe mode" flushes out all bugs from the software.

God damn it HMD global atleast try to improve your customer support if not improve your Phone's. 

If not you I'll make Hat trick of another fall in Smartphone Market. And this with Android. Wake up HMD wake up
    One plus has its own costum Oxygen OS & not pure android (like pixel). Oxygen resembles stock but it's not stock.
  • praveenp praveenp
    ✭✭✭  / 
    praveenp said:

There are a lot of things disabled on the 7 plus such as 120fps 1080P recording and 240fps 720P (SD 660 supports it https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon-660-mobile-platform). Why haven't anyone unlocked it ?
    An app or any hardware test will not show any hardware or feature that is locked down at firmware level.
    FM hardware you are talking about is a part of the same chip. The snapdragon 660.
    I agree with my lack of knowledge about certain things. Thanks for telling.

But still, the Nokia 6 and 6.1 Plus, and even 7.1 Plus have their FM modules being unlocked, so Nokia should have done the same for a device which is sort of premium one if we compare the price range.
    God knows what was their plan... But one thing is sure... With this particular model, 7 Plus, they just wanted to loot money out of people's pockets in the name of brand, without offering anything out-of-the-box. Flashy highlights and probably paid reviews gathered them a good amount of sale... But slowly they realized that the people understood their strategy and so they stopped the device and now it is out of stock from last many months.
    Clearly, they have in a way agreed that it was a FAILED DEVICE and with its launch, their sole aim was to grab some money...

✭✭✭✭  / 
    praveenp said:
    praveenp said:

But still, the Nokia 6 and 6.1 Plus, and even 7.1 Plus have their FM modules being unlocked, so Nokia should have done the same for a device which is sort of premium one if we compare the price range.
    God knows what was their plan... But one thing is sure... With this particular model, 7 Plus, they just wanted to loot money out of people's pockets in the name of brand, without offering anything out-of-the-box. Flashy highlights and probably paid reviews gathered them a good amount of sale... But slowly they realized that the people understood their strategy and so they stopped the device and now it is out of stock from last many months.
    Clearly, they have in a way agreed that it was a FAILED DEVICE and with its launch, their sole aim was to grab some money...

They discontinued 7+ bcoz any one will prefer 8.1 by paying extra 2k. Not related to realisation that they looted us 😂😂😂
  • vinayak vinayak
    ✭✭  /  edited April 14

• sach sach
    ✭✭  / 
    praveenp said:
    praveenp said:

They tried.
    But they failed.
    Carrying the Nokia brand is a heavy task.
    This has all the necessary hardware to be a good mid range.
    But what they do with that hardware matters. There are many issues. Even in hardware part , it's having charging board problem, display is damn good for price but have issue too. Like detaching of adhesive.
  • agu agu
    ✭✭  / 
    I thinking about the cheeper pixel now. Cause HMD is not giving me what they said
  • wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Seems all of you guys are on right track.... 😆. 
  • Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Am I the only one who hasn't faced many bugs or issues on Nokia 7 Plus except for the pro-mode which lacks some features. 😅
  • sgr sgr
    ✭✭  / 
    Yes absolutely right I am facing so many problems with it you people spend ₹ 26000 but I spend ₹28000 and 45 days to get replacement of my phone. while charging phone is restarted so many times daily.
  • lakshaykaura lakshaykaura
    ✭✭  / 
    Idk where this going, we don't want a wall to tell your grievances, we want them to be addressed and attended. I am not sure what happened to the original author of post who was following up with Nokia & HMD people on twitter regarding Software Update with bug fixes and all.
    We all know Nokia 7 Plus has numerous bugs, but we have many posts to explain bug. What about discriminate behavior of Nokia & HMD People against Nokia 7 Plus than other devices?  Original post got some real points!
  • diogenes diogenes
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Am I the only one who hasn't faced many bugs or issues on Nokia 7 Plus except for the pro-mode which lacks some features. 😅
    No, mine is running well from the beginning. Bought it a year ago and never faced heavy issues. Some small ones, especially after the Pie rollout. But that was "fixed" time by time and now running well again. All over all I am satisfied with it. Which does not mean that I would purchase Nokia again. The lack of official information all around the device(s) is the point I disagree. I think I'll get me a Huawei/Honor next time again. You nearly get the same for a much better price. It's not Android ONE, that's true, but I didn't get very much out of Android ONE from Nokia, so that would equalize that. They should take better aftersales care for their customers. That would help a lot.
  • praveenp praveenp
    ✭✭✭  / 
    diogenes said:
    No, mine is running well from the beginning. Bought it a year ago and never faced heavy issues. Some small ones, especially after the Pie rollout. But that was "fixed" time by time and now running well again. All over all I am satisfied with it. Which does not mean that I would purchase Nokia again. The lack of official information all around the device(s) is the point I disagree. I think I'll get me a Huawei/Honor next time again. You nearly get the same for a much better price. It's not Android ONE, that's true, but I didn't get very much out of Android ONE from Nokia, so that would equalize that. They should take better aftersales care for their customers. That would help a lot.
    Probably, you are not much into photography. I click photos using my mobile only, earlier it was Samsung, now it is Nokia... But when I see friends having cheaper phones but with great cameras, it pinches a lot.
    Every brand constantly give Camera updates to their smartphones. But Nokia gave ONLY ONE UPDATE for Nokia 7 Plus, that too just changed the layout and interface of the app, nothing in the improvement of image processing section.

What are we paying for? Just Android One so as to get monthly patches, which are not of much relevance? Or for a decent support from the brand itself?
    I have been using Samsung since 2012, and it is a well known fact that they are not good at giving updates regularly especially for mid-range phones, but still, they give the best what we can and we should get for the price we pay for. Plus, their after sales is superb. I have spent a maximum of 1.5hr in the service center, that too for display replacement. Other than that, hardly 15-30min for any minor issue that are caused by user's own negligence.
    But in the case of Nokia, the updates themselves are full of bugs, giving no chance to the user to have their own set of issues. And the persons sitting in the service center are just NOOBS. Even I know more about Android than they do. They don't even know what is Recovery Mode. For them, the solution to every problem is REINSTALL THE FIRMWARE.
    I also have a Honor phone since past 3 years. And although they never gave any update, but it still runs smooth as butter without even a single lag. And in case of Nokia... Well, the world is a witness. They are just LAUNCH-AND-FORGET brand.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    praveenp said:
    diogenes said:
    Probably, you are not much into photography. I click photos using my mobile only, earlier it was Samsung, now it is Nokia... But when I see friends having cheaper phones but with great cameras, it pinches a lot.
    Every brand constantly give Camera updates to their smartphones. But Nokia gave ONLY ONE UPDATE for Nokia 7 Plus, that too just changed the layout and interface of the app, nothing in the improvement of image processing section.

What are we paying for? Just Android One so as to get monthly patches, which are not of much relevance? Or for a decent support from the brand itself?
    I have been using Samsung since 2012, and it is a well known fact that they are not good at giving updates regularly especially for mid-range phones, but still, they give the best what we can and we should get for the price we pay for. Plus, their after sales is superb. I have spent a maximum of 1.5hr in the service center, that too for display replacement. Other than that, hardly 15-30min for any minor issue that are caused by user's own negligence.
    But in the case of Nokia, the updates themselves are full of bugs, giving no chance to the user to have their own set of issues. And the persons sitting in the service center are just NOOBS. Even I know more about Android than they do. They don't even know what is Recovery Mode. For them, the solution to every problem is REINSTALL THE FIRMWARE.
    I also have a Honor phone since past 3 years. And although they never gave any update, but it still runs smooth as butter without even a single lag. And in case of Nokia... Well, the world is a witness. They are just LAUNCH-AND-FORGET brand.
    Samsung doesn't provide value for money in budget segment. Better buy Chinese brand than buying Samsung.
  • prasad134 prasad134
    ✭✭✭  / 

Will we ever get so many improvements in our Nokia 7 Plus?
Prev1