New information regarding March Update from Staff Member of HMD

What about Nokia 8 Sirocco @HMD_Laura ? Why no mention of Sirocco in this post ?

New information regarding March Update from Staff Member of HMD

Swapnil Raj Swapnil Raj
✭✭✭  /  edited April 12
What about Nokia 8 Sirocco @HMD_Laura ?
Why no mention of Sirocco in this post ?
All non android one Phones will get March Update but not an android one phone i.e Nokia 8 Sirocco

HMD_Laura 
Staff member
Hi all, 
There was a one-time issue in rolling out March security update for Nokia 8, Nokia 6, Nokia 5 and Nokia 2 due to the addition of new test cases and together with Google, we decided to take extra time to review before releasing the update. The four impacted products will receive March security patch in the coming week.

Best regards, 
Laura 

Comments

• Yes Laura, any response re the 8 Sirocco?
  • romu romu
    ✭✭  / 
    Why no proactive communication HMD?
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    It's surprising that they answered for the first gen phones and not the newer. Maybe they were forced due to the PR mess that the email support did by saying that Nokia 6 has reached the end of support period.
    Nokia 8 Sirocco and Nokia 9 PureView - the Android One flagships, did not receive the March update. KInda once again clarifies that there are just too few users of these phones that HMD is failing to find value in dedicating the software developers on these devices. In fact the one for 9 PureView is more due given it is a new device and is promised to receive camera and fingerprint enhancements in the next update.
  • Fabien N Fabien N
    ✭✭  / 
    my next phone will no longer be a Nokia
  • user1520881638007 user1520881638007
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @singhnsk
    I think Nokia 9 Pureview has availability in few markets and still not expanded in all countries so they may not releasing the updates temporarily but For Nokia 8 Sirocco it is bit surprise for Not releasing the March SP
  • wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    It's surprising that they answered for the first gen phones and not the newer. Maybe they were forced due to the PR mess that the email support did by saying that Nokia 6 has reached the end of support period.
    Nokia 8 Sirocco and Nokia 9 PureView - the Android One flagships, did not receive the March update. KInda once again clarifies that there are just too few users of these phones that HMD is failing to find value in dedicating the software developers on these devices. In fact the one for 9 PureView is more due given it is a new device and is promised to receive camera and fingerprint enhancements in the next update.
    I had guessed that email must have been a PR mess since they have done these kind of mistake numerous times before. 

As, for the Nokia 8 Sirocco and Nokia 9 Pureview, I Ithink Nokia will take a long breath once they end the software software support for these devices. They might even end it earlier than they are supposed to for the very reason you mentioned.

• One of Two One of Two
    ✭✭  /  edited April 17
    Nokias way to inform their customers in semi professional. If you contact the support they are repeating again and again the nonsense like we are providing as quick as possible etc. The April patches are still released by Google and there is still no march update available (for the most of their phones...) . Maybe they run out of money and had to reduce the software team? Well, for a firm, with one strong argument for their phones, the fast update releases, definitely not a good argument to buy a new Nokia phone in future. That's sad... maybe they can manage to get back on track, we'll see...
  • romu romu
    ✭✭  / 
    This week draws also to an end and still no promissed march update. Can't take HMD seriousluy anymore