Nokia 7 Plus Real Camera issue 🤦🏻‍♂️

The telephoto lens it's now working. i tried to cover the telephoto lens (x2 zoom) and surprisingly it's still working on the app. so it's just for decoration.

Nokia 7 Plus Real Camera issue 🤦🏻‍♂️

issam issam
✭✭  / 
The telephoto lens it's now working.
i tried to cover the telephoto lens (x2 zoom) and surprisingly it's still working on the app.
so it's just for decoration. not optical zoom.
it's just me or its a bug after march update?

Comments

• ajbe ajbe
    ✭✭✭  / 
    If the light level is too low it switches to digital zoom on the other lens. Check the exif data (with an exif viewer) of a picture taken with the telephoto lens and you will see that the focal length is that of the telephoto lens, so it is working.
  • AniketThakur AniketThakur
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    ajbe said:
    If the light level is too low it switches to digital zoom on the other lens. Check the exif data (with an exif viewer) of a picture taken with the telephoto lens and you will see that the focal length is that of the telephoto lens, so it is working.
    It's bugged. Nokia can't fix little things 😂
  • user1524673972271 user1524673972271
    ✭✭✭  / 
    If you want to use 2x telephoto lens forcibly then you have to switch into live bokeh mode and reduce the bokeh effect. But here the catch is when you try to increase the exposure error occurs.
  • Si3wc4 Si3wc4
    ✭✭  / 
    There is a bug in the camera app.
    When you switch to zoom it uses a main camera. But when you cover main camera it switches to the second.
    After that you can keep covered tele lens and it will not switch back.
  • sburen sburen
    ✭✭  / 
    Si3wc4 said:
    When you switch to zoom it uses a main camera. But when you cover main camera it switches to the second.
    It's not a big, it's related to the amount of light: if the scene is very bright the when you zoom >=2x the camera uses the second lens, but if the light is less it uses the main lens with digital zoom (this because the 2x lens has f2.6 and the main f1.8)
  • AniketThakur AniketThakur
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    sburen said:
    Si3wc4 said:
    It's not a big, it's related to the amount of light: if the scene is very bright the when you zoom >=2x the camera uses the second lens, but if the light is less it uses the main lens with digital zoom (this because the 2x lens has f2.6 and the main f1.8)
    This should not happen in pro mode, as I want it to use  telephoto lens
  • Si3wc4 Si3wc4
    ✭✭  /  edited April 14
    sburen said:

Maybe it should work like this.But I have tested it today on a walk. It was about 2PM. It was sunny and i have to force to switch between main and tele camera by covering first one.So in my opinion - IT IS A BUG.
  • user1524673972271 user1524673972271
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Si3wc4 said:
    sburen said:

Maybe it should work like this.But I have tested it today on a walk. It was about 2PM. It was sunny and i have to force to switch between main and tele camera by covering first one.So in my opinion - IT IS A BUG.
    Do not cover. It confuses the poorly written algorithm for tele lens switch.
  • JD1999 JD1999
    ✭✭✭  / 
    issam said:
    i tried to cover the telephoto lens (x2 zoom) and surprisingly it's still working on the app.
    There is no such bug.
    To check just open stock camera (without covering lens, In good lighting condition), switch to telephoto lens (wait for sec before change lens & switch to second lens & wait for second), now cover the lens you will see that for a sec screen will be black and immediately switch to primary lens(this will disable the secondary lens for a minute).
  • wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    JD1999 said:
    issam said:
    There is no such bug.
    To check just open stock camera (without covering lens, In good lighting condition), switch to telephoto lens (wait for sec before change lens & switch to second lens & wait for second), now cover the lens you will see that for a sec screen will be black and immediately switch to primary lens(this will disable the secondary lens for a minute).
    mine one switches almost instantly.... its fully functional dude... dnt be so unfair with HMD...
  • Everything working fine