Nokia's secret plan

What is Nokia up to with the Nokia 3, 5 and 6 recently I saw this mail. Afterwards I turned to the Nokia support har and they didn't answer me.

Nokia's secret plan

What is Nokia up to with the Nokia 3, 5 and 6 recently I saw this mail. Afterwards I turned to the Nokia support har and they didn't answer me. Are Nokia having a secret plan, when should Nokia 3, 5 and 6 users buy a new phone, and does Nokia have this 2 years support plan for all phone's, cause then I'm leaving

This is the mail:

And this is my support chat:

Comments

• It's been more than and hour and the my support section just ended, and the onæy thing Nokia support said to me was: "hi" nothing else so the screenshot is still valid after an hour, cause nothing else happened
  • Finally got an answer
    Citat: "i can not validate the mail. I can not confirm the continuing of updates, and neither can I confirm the stopping of updates" so thanks a lot.

To all Nokia users out there if you're phone is 2 years old, be careful!
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    But well, which other OEM is giving you 2 years of updates on a similarly priced phone?
    Nokia only promised 2 years of security updates for the first phones. Then the phones in Android One program have been promisd for 3 years.
  • Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    But well, which other OEM is giving you 2 years of updates on a similarly priced phone?
    Nokia only promised 2 years of security updates for the first phones. Then the phones in Android One program have been promisd for 3 years.
    Nokia did promise 3 years of security updates on their 1st gen devices. And they haven't forgotten their 1st gen devices @user1518851549161 🙂 The update will start rolling out very soon. Never ever trust the support staff. Sadly, they are not well informed. 
  • Muser Muser
    ✭✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    Nokia did promise 3 years of security updates on their 1st gen devices. And they haven't forgotten their 1st gen devices @user1518851549161 🙂 The update will start rolling out very soon. Never ever trust the support staff. Sadly, they are not well informed. 
    First gen devices (i.e., those from 2017) were only promised 2 years of updates. The Android One line up (2018+) is promised 3 years (2 years of monthly and I guess a year of quarterly updates).

https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/business
  • I would wish it was more
  • That is very sad, I've been using Nokia for my hole life but unfortunately I can not life with this software plan, which is a shame.  So I have to switch to Xiaomi.

This is the last post from me.

MVH. Sebastian
  • sammy sammy
    ✭✭✭  / 
    That is very sad, I've been using Nokia for my hole life but unfortunately I can not life with this software plan, which is a shame.  So I have to switch to Xiaomi.

MVH. Sebastian
    Xiaomi probably gives only 1 major andriod update to each of its . Best of luck.
  • sayyed vihan sayyed vihan
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Other Chinese brand give u one major update ...nd then leave ur phone....i bought redmi 5 plus(redmi note 5 indian version) after 6 month they leave their phone...i m not getting any update from November....nd yes nokia giving us thie much....v should appreciate.. 
  • Muser Muser
    ✭✭✭  /  edited June 12
    That is very sad, I've been using Nokia for my hole life but unfortunately I can not life with this software plan, which is a shame.  So I have to switch to Xiaomi.

MVH. Sebastian
    The Nokia 6 is still get monthly updates. The only brands better than Nokia for updates are Google/Pixel and maybe OnePlus.

https://aosmark.com