Nokia 9 Pureview unlocking bootloader

When will the Nokia 9 Pureview be able to be unlocked/Rooted? The HMD Bootloader apps just says: "Errpor Meeasges - Device not support."

Nokia 9 Pureview unlocking bootloader

When will the Nokia 9 Pureview be able to be unlocked/Rooted? The HMD Bootloader apps just says: "Errpor Meeasges - Device not support."

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited April 2019
    So far, HMD Global has only unlocked the bootloader of Nokia 8 (2017). In fact, even the support for 8 is broken since the Android 9 update. HMD has failed to update the app/server to make the unlock work on newbuild ID. HMD has not made any talks about unloking more phones ever since the Nokia 8 was unlocked, so I will not keep any hope from them. Honestly, the person(s) who were interested in unlocking and took some steps in that direction have already left HMD (for unknown reasons).
    As for the Nokia 9, HMD (or better FIH Mobile) has introduced new security in the new bootloaders (which makes the old unlocks which we have been using for all other Nokia Android phones impossible), primarily the fuse (which still doesn't allow flashing or booting even when bootloader is unlocked; I opened a question at StackExchange) and disabled certain commands. Adding to that, an unofficial (and paid) bootloader unlock for the Nokia 8.1 and Nokia 9 is technically possible, but it is currently experimental. I do have my 8.1 unlocked and rooted for now. The unlock drops the Widevine level to L3 and I/we are still evaluating what other issues we might have on an unlocked device.

• Usha5788 Usha5788
    ✭✭  / 

My mobile plz unlock bootloader

• Jinnu11 Jinnu11
     /  edited March 13

Since HMD / Nokia said that they'd begin offering bootloader unlocks on a selection of their devices, very little has happened, and consequently, very little if any development or popularity on XDA or among other tinkerers or power users has followed.

The 9 is potentially a very attractive device, and I've ordered one on the potential strength of the camera and general value proposition, even if I'd rather the screen weren't so small (6" 18:9 is tiny - given tall aspects' narrowness and poor usability).

I'm hoping they'll do the right thing here, but if they don't, I can't see myself keeping it, and would struggle to recommend it or other Nokia devices to anyone.

• user123 user123
    ✭✭✭  / 

HMD will not listen to us in this matter. its better we have to move for other brand . waiting for launch of Sony Xperia 10 ii