New update should include the most important feature not just security patch

I have been an Oneplus user and they're really great on the software experience. I miss some important feature on the Nokia 8 as below

New update should include the most important feature not just security patch

Khmer Hunter Khmer Hunter
✭✭  /  edited April 15
I have been an Oneplus user and they're really great on the software experience. I miss some important feature on the Nokia 8 as below

1- Gaming mode
2- Face Unlock
3- Camera software
4- Customize launcher
5- Double tap to lock screen
6- Customize buttons
7- AM or PM on the clock 
etc.......

So i have a question. Did u will bring this feature to the next update? :)
Tagged:

Comments

• wild50 wild50
    ✭✭  /  edited April 15
    In my Nokia 8 i have , face unlock (stock) an aPP to lock screen (lock Screen).
    Can also customize with nova launcher and have stock software camera.
  • wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    If you were a Oneplus user before and couldn't live with all those handy feature that they included then you surely must be unhappy that your Nokia 8 doesn't have those features.

Nokia is going with the bare bone version of Android with no extra feature and no tweaking of the system software even in the slightest amount and I'm afraid they will keep on continuing in this path.

So, we have to rely on just the Android OS updates that Google provides each year to get any new improvements and features. And, I guess since Nokia 8 is at the end of software support that option is also over.

Maybe you could utilize the Nokia 8 to the fullest since it is the only Nokia phone that has official bootloader unlock support. Try xda forums for more info.
  • wild50 wild50
    ✭✭  / 
    Face unlock:
    Settings > Security & Location > Smart Lock
  • Khmer Hunter Khmer Hunter
    ✭✭  / 
    wild50 said:
    In my Nokia 8 i have , face unlock (stock) an aPP to lock screen (lock Screen).
    Can also customize with nova launcher and have stock software camera.
    -Face unlock on stock android is Trust face in Smart Lock and it really useless. ( unlock ur screen while u close ur eye)
    -Launcher i have switch to POCO launcher
    -Stock nokia camera really limit . i think the camera spec on nokia 8 should capture video in 1080p 60fps and quality about image really need to improve 
    ✭✭  / 
    wild50 said:
    Face unlock:
    Settings > Security & Location > Smart Lock
    -Face unlock on stock android is Trust face in Smart Lock and it really useless. ( it's also unlock ur screen while u close ur eye)
    ✭✭  / 
    If you were a Oneplus user before and couldn't live with all those handy feature that they included then you surely must be unhappy that your Nokia 8 doesn't have those features.

Nokia is going with the bare bone version of Android with no extra feature and no tweaking of the system software even in the slightest amount and I'm afraid they will keep on continuing in this path.

So, we have to rely on just the Android OS updates that Google provides each year to get any new improvements and features. And, I guess since Nokia 8 is at the end of software support that option is also over.

Maybe you could utilize the Nokia 8 to the fullest since it is the only Nokia phone that has official bootloader unlock support. Try xda forums for more info.
    that's right and now i still wait the news about Lineageos maybe they will release a rom for nokia 8 asap :)
  • user1508938037450 user1508938037450
    ✭✭✭  /  edited April 15
    @Potemkin Oh, wow, what for news. 😂 What di you know, what we don't know. It's Christmas?

It would be very nice, but I can't believe after this months. 

We will see, what the week will bring. 
  • wild50 wild50
    ✭✭  / 
    Why is it useless?
    It unlocks with your face and not with the face of your friend.
    And by the way it's fast enough to unlock!

✭✭  /  edited April 15
    wild50 said:
    Why is it useless?
    It unlocks with your face and not with the face of your friend.
    And by the way it's fast enough to unlock!

it also can unlock ur phone while u sleep bro. with face unlock u just wake ur screen and bypass to home screen
  • wild50 wild50
    ✭✭  /  edited April 15
    Forcing the situation all forms of unleashing work.
    If you hold on to your hand the fingerprints work and if you force yourself to look at the smartphone also works.
    In fact sometimes even photos work.
    IN ALL SMARTPHONES

until pin code
    If a thief asks you, you give him

✭✭  / 
    wild50 said: and
    Forcing the situation all forms of unleashing work.
    If you hold on to your hand the fingerprints work and if you force yourself to look at the smartphone also works.
    In fact sometimes even photos work.
    IN ALL SMARTPHONES

until pin code
    If a thief asks you, you give him

The most of smart phone include flagship and mid range also have that feature so anyone will not dead if u include this feature 🤣
  • milangheorghe milangheorghe
    ✭✭  / 
    I am very disappointed by Nokia currently using Nokia 8 with the latest update and I have discovered many software glitches.  These are: lack of ambient display, unusable glance, camera does not open from the shortcut on the lock screen.  It does  appear on the list of phones that will receive Android Q. I will never recommend Nokia to my friends.
  • potemkin potemkin
    ✭✭✭  / 
    It does  appear on the list of phones that will receive Android Q.
    It's a mistake and it's not on any official HMD list.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @mrbelter You can write on your "list" the Nokia 8 SIROCCO and the Nokia 9 Pure View, too. HMD Global dislikes every kind of "flagships" and they hope, that the customers will forget this smartphones soon. 
    ✭✭  / 
    well done nokia keep going that way and don't forget ur symbian experience 👍
  • Apocalypse Apocalypse
    ✭✭  / 
    No new features. GJ Nokia!
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Congratulations, Mr. Sarvikas. HMD "Global" 😂 IS THE LAST!!! 😡
  • RedmooN RedmooN
    ✭✭  / 
    Just got security patch? Well played HMD well played