Manual focus option on Nokia 9 Pureview "pro mode", please.

With a tripod, the long exposures that pro mode allows, and the combined light from the 5 rear cameras, the Nokia 9 Pureview can "reach the stars" providing a manual focus option is included...

Manual focus option on Nokia 9 Pureview "pro mode", please.

With a tripod, the long exposures that pro mode allows, and the combined light from the 5 rear cameras, the Nokia 9 Pureview can "reach the stars" providing a manual focus option is included... Please allow Nokia 9 the possibility of capturing great nightscapes from dark places by introducing manual focus. Thanks!

Comments

• Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I agree with this. This is their best camera-centric device and they should provide the manual focus option in the Pro Mode. This is a very useful setting and it would be nice if they add it soon. :)
  • Tomasz ExFiddling Tomasz ExFiddling
    ✭✭  / 
    Even Lightroom app cam has it
  • Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I have tried to do some night shots a few hours ago, using a tripod and 10secs/1200-1600 ISO and most of them are blurry, like if the focus where 10 cm in front of me.

Using manual focus would provide much better results. Come on, people who bought this phone did it for the camera, my old Lumia 950 gets better night shots than Nokia 9 :(
    @HMD_Laura Can you share this feedback with the concerned team. Please. Many are requesting this feature. I agree with @Aurestrium, it is difficult to focus at night while capturing long exposure shots and Manual focus option can help a lot. All Nokia smartphones with Pro Mode have this feature except the camera-centric Nokia 9 PureView. Hope this is added soon. :)
  • auxtian auxtian
    ✭✭  / 
    Agree with all the comments, sometimes I now revert to my Lumia 950 to take some photo's.
    Carry my Nokia 9 with sim as main device and my Lumia 950 with no sim just to use it as a camera occasionally.
  • Hopefully the patch "June, 2019" of Nokia 9 PV, after skipping May ... put "solutions" to these problems

And the improvements in the camera, are among others the best management of the pro mode but a specific mode improved in each situation

Google Pixel 3XL does not have Pro Mode (or is missing) because it has a Mode for each type of scene, and works perfectly

In the case of Nokia 9 PV, it lacks the Night Modes among others, and the Pro Mode is anything but professional, as the settings leave a lot to be desired and the post-processing of the image does not convince in low-light scenes , the ISO shoots at 6400 and it costs a lot to download it, leaving dark and out of focus scenes (a disaster)