Nokia 8 not allow to unlock bootloader

I saw Nokia officially announce allow Nokia 8 to unlock bootloader but seriously Nokia allow unlock bootloader with Error message (Device not support) on Nokia 8.

Nokia 8 not allow to unlock bootloader

Khmer Hunter Khmer Hunter
✭✭  / 
I saw Nokia officially announce allow Nokia 8 to unlock bootloader but seriously Nokia allow unlock bootloader with Error message (Device not support) on Nokia 8.
I think maybe my Nokia 8 got any problem after that i decide to reset my phone but result still the same sh*t 

You don't see Nokia ???????

Tagged:

Comments

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hello @Khmer Hunter, I think the problem is that after the update to Android 9 the unlocker app no longer works. You must should report this to support directly.
    Cheers :)
  • DANIEL CHUKWUKERE DANIEL CHUKWUKERE
    ✭✭  / 
    This issue is not from HMD GLOBAL but from Google itself because after the update to Android Pie, the option to unlock bootloader on my Nokia 7 plus became completely gray scale. I can't even select on the OEM unlocking because it was permanently shut off
  • DANIEL CHUKWUKERE DANIEL CHUKWUKERE
    ✭✭  / 
    It's probably because of the new Android update. I can't say for sure. It all depends on whether you already updated to Android Pie or not. However I would advice not to unlock the bootloader except you know what you're doing or the implications of what you'd be doing to your Nokia 8 otherwise please desist from fiddling with the settings on your phone before you permanently damage something much more than just the software.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @DANIEL CHUKWUKERE the 7+ doesn't have an official bootloader unlock solution, unlike the Nokia 8 which does and uses the app which @Khmer Hunter is having problems with. The app has not worked since the Nokia 8 was updated to Pie, but not for the same reason that you explain about the option being greyed out.
  • vortium vortium
    ✭✭  / 
    Bumping into this message 6 months later and it seems nothing has changed. Are we always going to be unable to unlock phone on Pie? I'm getting the exact same message now. Or is there an alternative solution somehow?
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I think that currently there are no official nor unofficial bootloader unlock methods, unless you pay someone who has a method they are keeping secret. Please let us know what you find!