Nokia 8 not allow to unlock bootloader

I saw Nokia officially announce allow Nokia 8 to unlock bootloader but seriously Nokia allow unlock bootloader with Error message (Device not support) on Nokia 8.

Nokia 8 not allow to unlock bootloader

Khmer Hunter Khmer Hunter
✭✭  / 
I saw Nokia officially announce allow Nokia 8 to unlock bootloader but seriously Nokia allow unlock bootloader with Error message (Device not support) on Nokia 8.
I think maybe my Nokia 8 got any problem after that i decide to reset my phone but result still the same sh*t 

You don't see Nokia ???????

Tagged:

Comments

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hello @Khmer Hunter, I think the problem is that after the update to Android 9 the unlocker app no longer works. You must should report this to support directly.
    Cheers :)
  • DANIEL CHUKWUKERE DANIEL CHUKWUKERE
    ✭✭  / 
    This issue is not from HMD GLOBAL but from Google itself because after the update to Android Pie, the option to unlock bootloader on my Nokia 7 plus became completely gray scale. I can't even select on the OEM unlocking because it was permanently shut off
  • DANIEL CHUKWUKERE DANIEL CHUKWUKERE
    ✭✭  / 
    It's probably because of the new Android update. I can't say for sure. It all depends on whether you already updated to Android Pie or not. However I would advice not to unlock the bootloader except you know what you're doing or the implications of what you'd be doing to your Nokia 8 otherwise please desist from fiddling with the settings on your phone before you permanently damage something much more than just the software.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @DANIEL CHUKWUKERE the 7+ doesn't have an official bootloader unlock solution, unlike the Nokia 8 which does and uses the app which @Khmer Hunter is having problems with. The app has not worked since the Nokia 8 was updated to Pie, but not for the same reason that you explain about the option being greyed out.
    Cheers :)