Nokia 8 - recent update history

The update history of my Nokia 8 (Belgium) In December: 00WW_5_110 In January: 00WW_5_110_SP01 In February: 00WW_5_140 In March (April really):

Nokia 8 - recent update history

jdan jdan
✭✭✭✭  /  edited April 2019
The update history of my Nokia 8 (Belgium)
In December: 00WW_5_110
In January: 00WW_5_110_SP01
In February: 00WW_5_140
In March (April really): 00WW_5_140_SP01

Beta testers (in all sorts of countries)
In January: 00WW_5_110_SP01 (just like me!)
In March: 00WW_5_110_SP02

Some countries
There are also countries where Nokia 8 went from January 00WW_5_110_SP01 (just like me!) to March. The owners were no beta testers. They too are now on 00WW_5_110_SP02
- @marsic in Romania

My questions to other forum members:
- Are there people in other countries stuck on 00WW_5_110_SP01 (the January build)? 
I have seen evidence from @Jimmmy (Slovakia) and @StefanT (Macedonia)
- Are there people in other countries who are still on 00WW_4_88B_SP08 (the Oreo 8.1 - January build)?
- Are there people in other countries who were on 00WW_4_88B_SP08 (the Oreo 8.1 - January build)? but have had updates? Which updates?

Where do you find the build number?
Settings  > System > About phone: scroll to the bottom.

Comments

• Krešo Krešo
    ✭✭  / 
    I stuck on January 00WW_5_110_SP01. I'm in Croatia, and i'm not beta tester.
  • wild50 wild50
    ✭✭  / 
    Who has not been inventing problems is in version 00WW_5_140_SP01.  Who likes to be guinea pig is in beta.  Ultimate free advice that fits any brand, install only on secondary smartphones beta versions.
  • jdan jdan
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Krešo said:
    I stuck on January 00WW_5_110_SP01. I'm in Croatia, and i'm not beta tester.
    Thanks for the info, @Krešo
    Third country stuck on January 00WW_5_110_SP01: Slovakia, Macedonia and Croatia.
    (I think you should email to your SIM-provider asking them the reason for not allowing Nokia 8 updates of February and March.)
  • milangheorghe milangheorghe
    ✭✭  / 
    I'm a bad buyer, because I bought Nokia 8. Nokia is playing with top buyers.  Expect to be dumped like those who have bought Nokia 7 that is not listed anymore.  They have not managed to solve the glance and ambient display, nor do they want to see these flaws.  I will never buy Nokia products anymore, nor will I recommend any Nokia friend.
  • Andryus Tishka Andryus Tishka
    ✭✭  / 
    Lithuania. Too got stuck on 00WW_5_110_SP01 to January assembly.
    Participated in a beta testing.

• jdan jdan
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Lithuania. Too got stuck on 00WW_5_110_SP01 to January assembly.
    Participated in a beta testing.

Quite strange that you don't have the March SP02-update like the other beta testers. 
    That may be due to the fact that you live in Lithuania. Perhaps regular Nokia 8 owners in your country haven't received February and March updates.
  • Nokia 8 TA-1052 in France
    00WW_4_88B_SP07 (December!)
  • No SP08. I got the phone at Christmas from a family member who abandoned it. The phone was sitting in a drawer for months. First thing I did was a factory reset (as a new owner), and I got a bunch of updates but nothing since 00WW_4_88B_SP07.
  • jdan jdan
    What care would suggest is ...
    1. Go to Settings » Apps.
    2. Tap on the three-dot menu on the top-right corner of the screen and select Show system.
    3. Scroll through the apps list and select Google Services Framework.
    4. Then select Storage » followed by Clear data.
    5. Restart your phone.
    (text copied from theandroidsoul.com - I wasn't allowed to copy the URL.
  • Thank you for the tip. Unfortunately the updater still reports the phone being up to date after the restart.

Another tip I read and tried is to force stop Carrier Services in the apps. That didn't work either.
  • N8.user N8.user
    ✭✭  /  edited April 2019
    Lithuania again. January patch 00WW_5_110_SP01, never been beta user since I got the phone only in late February. 

Edit: nothing happens after clearing data and restarting. It's up to date. 
  • jdan jdan
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    N8.user said:
    Lithuania again. January patch 00WW_5_110_SP01, never been beta user since I got the phone only in late February. 
    Exactly what I predicted, isn't it?
  • StefanT StefanT
    ✭✭  / 
    @Krešo I was also with january 1, and I am not a beta tester, but I manually installed v5_140 (february update) and after that the phone automaticaly downloaded march update.
  • Still 00WW_4_88B_SP07 on 8.1 December , argh HMD 
  • galvakojis galvakojis
    ✭✭  / 
    Again one vote for Lithuania 00WW_5_110_SP01.
    Registered as beta user, but never installed it, until "official" update become available
  • srbandi srbandi
    ✭✭  / 
    Hungary, TA-1004, 00WW_5_110_SP01, I haven't enrolled to beta program
  • jdan jdan
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @HMD_Laura
    Countries stuck on January 00WW_5_110_SP01: Slovakia, Macedonia, Croatia, Hungary,  Lithuania, 

Countries with Nokia 8's stuck on 00WW_4_88B_SP07 on 8.1 December: France, Romania
  • Petr Hudec Petr Hudec
    ✭✭  / 
    Czech Republic, I am also on the January update
  • Pavel Sodomka Pavel Sodomka
    ✭✭  / 
    Czech republic January
  • user1536323754226 user1536323754226
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Denmark 00WW_5_140_SP02 March security update.
    April upgrade was promised two weeks ago...
    I have complained to HMD Global twice in the last 2 weeks. The Finnish guy who promised the April upgrade seems to disappeared...
  • user1536323754226 user1536323754226
    ✭✭✭  / 
    My latest complaint was responded to within half an hour, by Ham, the person who promised a solution. That's two firsts in my book.
    Ham said:
    "
    We are constantly escalating cases and collecting information in order to resolve such issues. We assure you that a fix should be made available in the near future. We appreciate your patience and cooperation during this time. "
    Wait on...
  • martin.fd martin.fd
    Doesn't seem to help if they escalate the cases ... maybe they should consider a different escalation strategy???
    And anyway: who benefits from the whole escalation if nothing comes out in the end?
    :s:s:s

• galvakojis galvakojis
    ✭✭  / 
    some promises were made almost year ago, and crappy pie exist for almost half a year...
    The end of two years support comes very fast, so is seams that "near future" - never. :(
  • user1508938037450 user1508938037450
    ✭✭✭  / 
    "The same procedere than every year (month)." 😂 Without words. 😎
  • Operator: OrangeSK
    Nokia Labs: Yes
    Model: TA-1004
    I received March security update last week and now running 00WW_5_110_SP02. Was stuck with 00WW_5_110_SP01 and Janurary patch until then.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @AkosH, I swapped in an old, dead, SIM from Joe (or Virgin Mobile; I can't remember exactly) and I was offered the Android 9 update immediately. That was in February but I decided not to update due to the broken compass and geo-tagging.
    So I'm still on 4.88 SP07 like you and @CHIEFTAIN. Like @galvakojis I registered as a beta tester but never actually installed the update. My phone was never offered SP08 for 4.88 in January but at that time I was offered the update to Android 9 and I did download it but never installed it; it then disappeared and I had to use the SIM card trick to get offered it again.
    I'm just checking for the April Android 9 update now, if I get offered it I will post here.
    Cheers :)
  • AkosH AkosH
     / 
    Interesting tip. My model is a dual sim model, and I have a French (Orange) and a Hungarian (Vodafone) card in. I removed the Orange card from the primary slot and replaced it with the Vodafone one. I got immediately offered V5.110 with security patch 2018-12.

I am downloading it now and will see how far it goes. Thanks!
  • AkosH AkosH
     / 
    I got one more patch so now the phone is on 00WW_5_110_SP01.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @AkosH, you only got updated to January? Have you received any updates since that?
  • AkosH AkosH
     / 
    No updates after 00WW_5_110_SP01 (January)