Improved user interface and stability!?

April update is out

zappor zappor
✭✭  / 
Improved user interface and stability!?

Comments

• Mirco Mirco
    ✭✭  / 
    On my phone fixes the issues related to the impossibility to enable the voice match ("OK Google") after PIE update.
  • Ruan Maree Ruan Maree
    ✭✭  / 
    One thing I've noticed thats new, on the glance screen the battery % shows at the bottom of the screen above the charging port
  • Finally ! 
    Unfortunately it's not available on mine for the moment.  :'(
  • Pyves Pyves
    ✭✭  / 
    Received as well. The update has more than just the security patches from Google. Worth waiting a little longer for additional improvements rather than just get security patches alone which won't actually impact my user experience.
  • It's a good update, always on display works without cpu issues, ok Google works ... 
  • Oscar GT Oscar GT
    ✭✭  / 
    It works much smoother
  • Did you all receive the update ?
    There's nothing on mine. 
    It's weird I thought that SP were available everywhere at the same time.
  • romu romu
    ✭✭✭  / 
    No update in Switzerland...
  • Audioboxer Audioboxer
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Audioboxer to the rescue lol

April update https://mega.nz/#!GNlEDAAB!7d9zrRxPWUxKhCoM2_7js8A5cXuyaU2DuCWGoJzMKaI

Region free and can be installed anywhere. You'll probably have to sideload it manually through recovery. Guides online on how to do that.
  • I'll wait a few more days for the OTA update. But if it doesn't come I will sideload it. Thanks !
  • Got update in South Africa
  • Swisss Swisss
    ✭✭  / 
    amazing on nokia 8 sirocco now ok google is come back and voice match unlock phone in italian language , on glance percentual of charge ......perfect phone for be different like noone
  • romu romu
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Will probably be May until this update gets to me
  • Audioboxer Audioboxer
    ✭✭✭  /  edited April 2019
    romu said:
    Will probably be May until this update gets to me

Just sideload the OTA above. It's not hard and there is no risk. If there was something wrong with the file the phone would refuse to even begin the update.

https://www.thecustomdroid.com/sideload-ota-update-stock-recovery-adb/

https://www.hardreset.info/devices/nokia/nokia-8-sirocco/recovery-mode/
  • DsL DsL
    ✭✭  / 
    Updating on EE!

• romu romu
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I have no working adb. Tried with recovery mode. Placed the zip file in the root dir and selected update from SDCard, nothing happens. Guess I need to wait for the OTA upa
  • romu romu
    ✭✭✭  / 
    So, was feed up with waiting. Went the adb sideload way, was easy and worked like a charm! Thank you Audioboxer for the zip file!
  • L3u3n L3u3n
     / 
    It's weird, it looks like the entire world received this update except us in Switzerland.

I tried to clear Google framework data, reboot without sim card and connect to another country using a VPN in WiFi and I still don't have the ota.  :|
  • romu romu
    ✭✭✭  / 
    L3u3n said:
    It's weird, it looks like the entire world received this update except us in Switzerland.

I tried to clear Google framework data, reboot without sim card and connect to another country using a VPN in WiFi and I still don't have the ota.  :|
    Yes it seems like thats the case. Do it with adb, its easy and works perfect. 
  • I can't load the ADB file.always receive an error.

• My problem with my Nokia 6 the battery doesn't last at all, it drains badly after stopping or using the battery adaptive to prevent apps making use of the battery. Am not happy at all :(
  • romu romu
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I can't load the ADB file.always receive an error.

Did you enable developer options and in it USB debugging? I had no error whatsoever
  • L3u3n L3u3n
     / 
    I just installed it with the ADB method. So far so good.
    Thanks

• One thing I've noticed thats new, on the glance screen the battery % shows at the bottom of the screen above the charging port
    But it no longer shows notification count, only icons. Why did they do this? They should at least give us the option to enable notification count back, for me it's a downgrade. 
  • damien.nimai damien.nimai
    ✭✭  / 
    Has anyone else noticed the navigation bar s now enormous?
  • NSU1200C NSU1200C
    ✭✭  / 
    I noticed Widevine CDM security level 1. And I do not use Netflix
  • > @LifeNight said:
    > It's a good update, always on display works without cpu issues, ok Google works ... 

Still extremely laggy with always on display after the update. Any other experiences?
  • L3u3n L3u3n
     / 
    NSU1200C said:
    I noticed Widevine CDM security level 1. And I do not use Netflix
    Yes I noticed it too in DRM Info. I'm impressed I thought it would never be corrected. 
    Unfortunately, in Netflix I'm still limited to 540p resolution when I watch 1080p test pattern. 
    I contacted Netflix support about that. 
  • Now the OTA Update arrived in Switzerland
  • dvdmlln said:
    > @LifeNight said:
    > It's a good update, always on display works without cpu issues, ok Google works ... 

Still extremely laggy with always on display after the update. Any other experiences?
    I rejoiced too quickly, the problem remains. 😭