NFC Problem

Hello, last week I bought a Nokia 7.1 (TA-1095) and updated to Oreo october 2018 security patch.

NFC Problem

Hello, last week I bought a Nokia 7.1 (TA-1095) and updated to Oreo october 2018 security patch. A few things are not working correctly, but the most inconvenient is a malfunction in apps that use NFC.

When I place my NFC card next to the sensor, the app that interacts with it crashes. This should be an issue with the Nokia phone, since it all worked fine in my Nexus 5X, and works fine on handsets from other manufacturers not owned by me.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue? Are there any reports of NFC not working correctly ont his phone? Have updates fixed this?

Best,
N

Comments

• Alex3454 Alex3454
    ✭✭  / 
    Nimnim said:
    Hello, last week I bought a Nokia 7.1 (TA-1095) and updated to Oreo october 2018 security patch. A few things are not working correctly, but the most inconvenient is a malfunction in apps that use NFC.

When I place my NFC card next to the sensor, the app that interacts with it crashes. This should be an issue with the Nokia phone, since it all worked fine in my Nexus 5X, and works fine on handsets from other manufacturers not owned by me.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue? Are there any reports of NFC not working correctly ont his phone? Have updates fixed this?

Best,
    N
    Вы получили Андроид 9
  • Nimnim Nimnim
     / 
    I don't have Android 9 yet, updates are delayed since October.
  • I have the same problem with nfc
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I have the same problem with nfc
    Hello

Did you contact support for help?

Regards
    Jason
  • Nimnim Nimnim
     / 
    I did, and they were completely clueless -.-
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Nimnim said:
    Hello

What issue are you having?  

Regards
    Jason
  • Nimnim Nimnim
     /  edited May 19
    jdi000 said:
    Nimnim said:
    Hello

What issue are you having?  

Regards
    Jason

There is an app to recharge a prepaid public transportation card in Argentina. It works flawlessly on every NFC capable phone I have found, except on the Nokia 7.1.

In the Nokia phone, the app opens, allows me to log in, and when the time comes to interact with the NFC card, the app crashes and the card's information is not updated.

In essence, the phone is no replacement to my defunct Nexus 5X.

¿Is there any way to get log information about the crash?

¿Is this fixed in later updates? ¿How can I bypass carrier/region restrictions on OTA opdates?
  • teja1819 teja1819
     / 
    NFC stopped working after updating Nokia 8.1 to Android 10, Which was working in Android 9.
    Nearby sharing is not working as expected.