Nokia 7.1 Loose charging port on phone

My phone has got loose charging port how do I fix it I can't charge it up

Nokia 7.1 Loose charging port on phone

benb benb
 / 
My phone has got loose charging port how do I fix it I can't charge it up
Tagged:

Comments

• Was facing the same problem..turned out to be a software issue..now my phone is back to good..take it to a customer care centre
  • jimmyireland jimmyireland
    ✭✭✭  / 
    same huge issue that happened with the 7 plus I hope its not the same here with this device
  • BrentMc BrentMc
     / 

My Nokia 7.1 also developed a loose port. I have to set it down with something under the charge cord to push it upwards. This causes it to connect. I would like to get it fixed, but it is not a very expensive phone, so it wouldn't be worth much to fix it. Does anyone know how much places charge for this?

• pnokio pnokio
    ✭✭  / 

Clean the port first. Most "loose" ports I have seen have simply been dirty. Get an electronic's contact cleaner, one that has no lubricant, or use isopropyl alcohol to clean it. Spray it, insert and remove the cable a few times, and let it dry. Alternately, dip the cable end in the alcohol, and insert and remove a few times. Try to get 91% isopropyl alcohol instead of rubbing alcohol, most pharmacies, carry it. I have never had a loose port on a phone since I began using cell phones in the 90s. If you are getting a loose port, it is result of the way you unplug the cable.

Have the phone turned off when you clean it, and wait for it to dry before turning it on.