AMA - Volume 4 - Community and Fans

matteo.m matteo.m
Staff member  / 

Here's Volume 4 of our AMA. This time about our fans
Tagged:

Comments

• wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    Glad to hear that Nokia values our feedbackn for production of new products. We noticed the notification led being implemented on new Nokia phonee line ups which was one of the most requested feature in the forum.

But, as @madbilly already explained we also want Nokia to focus on previous products and not just launch it and forget it. We certainly don't enjoy new bugs with every new updates on our devices. 
  • nitin kachare nitin kachare
    ✭✭✭✭✭  /  edited May 2
    We still lacks this thing from hmd.
    1.Nokia Software Recovery Tool

We all Nokia Fans waiting for this tool from last 2 years.I want to tell you hmd team that it's much important tool for flashing our devices at home without any problems.So much time we wanted to do flash but we have to go on service center for that which is not good eveytime.
    2.Bootloader Unlock
    Most of Developers as well as user want this feature on Nokia Phones.

Every Android One User wants quick bugs fix or optimization for better performance which is not quickly maintained by hmd sometimes. They does but takes more time to fix those issues which is not good for serious problem.Sometimes they failed to solve some of issues in that case user didn't feel advantage of android one which we should have as compared to custom os.If we get option to report bugs and hmd team takes seriously consider and solve only that time we will get something good as we choose android one.I like android one but bugs in os which is not a good option.
    I know hmd doing very good job in android updates which i like most.
    Thank you.
  • nokianchetan nokianchetan
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @matteo.m 

Thanks For Sharing This Video , We Know That You Are Always Innovating & Developing on The Basis Of Fans Feedback . 
    But as @madbilly said It's Right , You Have To Provide What You Announce Atleast , eg. faceunlock to Nokia 8 , You Almost Forgot The Nokia 8 I Think 

Other Thing Is Delay Of Launching New Phones  In India , It's Already 2 Months and 10 Days Late and Now One Plus 7 Pro Creating Hype in The Market , We As a Nokia Fan Feel Really Bad After Watching It 
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @nitin kachare! thanks for bringing up these important points again, it's clear that many people want both of these and the software recovery tool is one of the most requested features on this forum.
    Hi @nokianchetan! You're right that long delays in availability after announcing the phones is not good, people get tired of waiting and buy something else and competitors have time to respond and capture the market. As for the face unlock for Nokia 8, I never managed to find the video or post where HMD say they are working on this, can you give a reference?
    Cheers :)
  • petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi everyone. :smiley:

I would be very pleased if HMD would shorten the wait for releasing updates in the regions or give me the opportunity to download OTA updates from the Nokia website.  Then I would update my phone manually through recovery mode.

✭✭✭✭✭  /  edited May 6
    madbilly said:
    Hi @nitin kachare! thanks for bringing up these important points again, it's clear that many people want both of these and the software recovery tool is one of the most requested features on this forum.
    Hi @nokianchetan! You're right that long delays in availability after announcing the phones is not good, people get tired of waiting and buy something else and competitors have time to respond and capture the market. As for the face unlock for Nokia 8, I never managed to find the video or post where HMD say they are working on this, can you give a reference?
    Hey, I found the tweet from official Nokia Mobile account about the face unlock being available on number of Nokia phones including the Nokia 8.

https://twitter.com/NokiaMobile/status/1010367104728563712?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1010367104728563712&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.androidauthority.com%2Fface-unlock-nokia-phones-877400%2F

Here is the article from Android Authority based on the tweet.

https://www.androidauthority.com/face-unlock-nokia-phones-877400/
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  /  edited May 6
    Hi @wilson shrestha, great research, well done finding that. :smiley:
    Personally I'm not that bothered about face unlock but that doesn't mean that HMD should not stick to their promises. Maybe we need to start a series of topics highlighting these unfulfilled (or broken?) promises?
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    madbilly said:
    Hi @wilson shrestha, great research, well done finding that. :smiley:
    Personally I'm not that bothered about face unlock but that doesn't mean that HMD should not stick to their promises. Maybe we need to start a series of topics highlighting these unfulfilled (or broken?) promises?
    Thanks, yeah I think we should but I'm not so sure that we will get any attention on these topics but it will be a great fun nonetheless. 😂
  • AMANDEEP1888 AMANDEEP1888
    ✭✭  /  edited May 9
    Its humble request to nokia . Please first solve issues already devices in market. Touch hang is major fault in your handsets please remove this fault