Stock camera creates huge JPEG files

I noticed that the Nokia Camera app creates files which are 8 to 9 MB in size, while alternative applications like Open Camera or Footej create files which are only half or third the size of the ones creates with the stock camera.

Stock camera creates huge JPEG files

tehabe tehabe
✭✭  / 
I noticed that the Nokia Camera app creates files which are 8 to 9 MB in size, while alternative applications like Open Camera or Footej create files which are only half or third the size of the ones creates with the stock camera. Also the camera lags DNG support.
Tagged:

Comments

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    A bigger file means less compression is being used and therefore more image information is being retained, sounds good to me.
  • Conqueror Conqueror
    ✭✭✭  / 
    tehabe said:
    I noticed that the Nokia Camera app creates files which are 8 to 9 MB in size, while alternative applications like Open Camera or Footej create files which are only half or third the size of the ones creates with the stock camera. Also the camera lags DNG support.
    Bigger photo size by stock camera means bigger information and details in photos. Such is commendable. Thanks HMD
  • tehabe tehabe
    ✭✭  /  edited May 2019
    Theses Photo were taken with Footej, Open Camera and Nokia Camera. Forgot the order they were made, but anyway. The ones from the Footej and Open Camera are less than 3 MB, while the Nokia Camera photo is almost 8 MB.

Open Camera

Footej Camera

Nokia stock camera
  • Conqueror Conqueror
    ✭✭✭  / 
    tehabe said:
    Theses Photo were taken with Footej, Open Camera and Nokia Camera. Forgot the order they were made, but anyway. The ones from the Footej and Open Camera are less than 3 MB, while the Nokia Camera photo is almost 8 MB.

Open Camera

Footej Camera

Nokia stock camera
    The one from Nokia camera has more details and information. It also retains the true life colors and quality of the photo even after zooming. I don't have problem with its "large size" . Thanks HMD 
  • Arpit09 Arpit09
    ✭✭✭  / 
    tehabe said:

Open Camera

Footej Camera

Nokia stock camera
    The one from Nokia camera has more details and information. It also retains the true life colors and quality of the photo even after zooming. I don't have problem with its "large size" . Thanks HMD 
    As you see the 3rd image from nokia camera.
    You can see the car but on 2 pictures above you can't thats the details we are talking about that only good camera can provide.😁😛