Nokia 3 pie update

Early Quarter 2 has been started but Nokia 3 still not get the pie update 😐😐😐why?

Comments

• Mushroom
    Mushroom ✭✭
    I think nobody even knows, but I guess they're making it stable, because the 8.1 experience is HORRIBLE.
  • bernd
    bernd ✭✭
    I don't think that Pie for Nokia 3 will be stable because Pie is full of bugs. Best thing HMD could do is to stay with Oreo on the Nokia 3, but provide monthly security updates until end of life of the device, and - for all HMD/Nokia devices - provide bootloader unlock procedure and all firmware files for download.
  • Mushroom
    Mushroom ✭✭
    I would be much happier with improved performance on oreo (now it's just trashy), than buggy pie. But I ordered a new phone, so I don't have to care real much.
  • Mushroom said:
    I would be much happier with improved performance on oreo (now it's just trashy), than buggy pie. But I ordered a new phone, so I don't have to care real much.
    I downgraded to 7.1.1 Nougat and couldn't be happier. It's way faster than the slow 8.1.

I plan to only upgrade to Pie when it has been released and proven fast and stable. Else I will stay in Nougat until I get a new phone.

• Mushroom said:
    I downgraded to 7.1.1 Nougat and couldn't be happier. It's way faster than the slow 8.1.

I plan to only upgrade to Pie when it has been released and proven fast and stable. Else I will stay in Nougat until I get a new phone.

Tell me how did u downgrade?

• Mushroom said:

Tell me how did u downgrade?

I used SPFlashTool with the Android nougat firmware to downgrade.

You can check XDA forums if you're interested, bit's risky if you don't understand flashing and modding smartphone.