How does the Skin on my 8.1 look?

I recently ordered a back skin for my 8.1 and I've finally managed to install it as perfectly as I expected myself to do it.

How does the Skin on my 8.1 look?

singhnsk singhnsk
✭✭✭✭  /  edited May 4
I recently ordered a back skin for my 8.1 and I've finally managed to install it as perfectly as I expected myself to do it. I'm surprised by the quality of the product too and the way it is cut with utmost accuracy.
Some shots are attached (excuse the lighting). How do you think the skin looks? I'm personally liking it, but miss the shiny Nokia logo there 😅 That said, I am liking the significantly improved gripping of the phone

Comments

• seanetta seanetta
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 4
    Looks good I'd like this instead of a case, where's it from?? 
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    looks good :)
  • GTR12 GTR12
    ✭✭✭  / 
    seanetta said:
    dBrand
  • Giorgos Polydoros Giorgos Polydoros
    ✭✭  / 
    Looks gorgeous, only problem with these skins is they don't protrude enough to protect the camera. Other than that, it definitely looks way better than a case!
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Amith M said:
    seanetta said:
    dBrand
    Nope. Dbrand decided that it will not make skins for Nokia phones as it sees no value.

@seanetta I got it from a local skin selling website in India 😊 They don't ship internationally if you wanna ask 😅
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Looks gorgeous, only problem with these skins is they don't protrude enough to protect the camera. Other than that, it definitely looks way better than a case!
    Rightly said. I'll add some protection to the camera by using the skin part cutout for the camera. It will at least protect for some scratches.

Meanwhile, I probably 100% of the times place my phone face down. So, the surface should not affect my camera.
  • Conqueror Conqueror
    ✭✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    I recently ordered a back skin for my 8.1 and I've finally managed to install it as perfectly as I expected myself to do it. I'm surprised by the quality of the product too and the way it is cut with utmost accuracy.
    Some shots are attached (excuse the lighting). How do you think the skin looks? I'm personally liking it, but miss the shiny Nokia logo there 😅 That said, I am liking the significantly improved gripping of the phone

Looks good.. I have transparent soft TPU back cover.. I prefer transparent one though 
  • sayyed vihan sayyed vihan
    ✭✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    Amith M said:
    seanetta said:
    dBrand
    Nope. Dbrand decided that it will not make skins for Nokia phones as it sees no value.

@seanetta I got it from a local skin selling website in India 😊 They don't ship internationally if you wanna ask 😅
    Which website??plz share  @singhnsk
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    Amith M said:
    seanetta said:
    dBrand

Which website??plz share  @singhnsk
    I got it from StickOn.co.in
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Looks good.. I have transparent soft TPU back cover.. I prefer transparent one though 
    I used to use them, but they do happen to turn yellow pretty quick. So, I am avoiding them now.
    Before this I was using a translucent skin. It was just too thin that I decided to go with something thicker and get rid of the case :)
  • Conqueror Conqueror
    ✭✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    I used to use them, but they do happen to turn yellow pretty quick. So, I am avoiding them now.
    Before this I was using a translucent skin. It was just too thin that I decided to go with something thicker and get rid of the case :)
    "They do happen to turn yellow?" how? Never experienced such
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited May 4
    singhnsk said:
    Hey what? That's like an inborn feature (read as flaw) of transparent TPU and Silicone cases. I'm literally surprised that you have never experienced it. Maybe that does not happen in your region, but I am still surprised.
    Here's a quick result list off Google http://lmgtfy.com/?q=tpu+case+turned+yellow

• Conqueror Conqueror
    ✭✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    singhnsk said:
    Hey what? That's like an inborn feature (read as flaw) of transparent TPU and Silicone cases. I'm literally surprised that you have never experienced it. Maybe that does not happen in your region, but I am still surprised.
    Here's a quick result list off Google http://lmgtfy.com/?q=tpu+case+turned+yellow

I have never experienced such. For how long did you use yours before it turned yellow? 
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    singhnsk said:

I have never experienced such. For how long did you use yours before it turned yellow? 
    Well, 3 months is the average. Plus/minus some time based on who is the maker. The super cheapish would be more yellow by that time as compared to something from better brands like Nillkin, which will be lesser. But 100% of them have turned or started turning yellow within 3 months.
    I am not sure if it's a regional difference. But you're the first person telling me that a transparent silicone case didn't turn yellow. Atmosphere can have some affect for sure.
  • seanetta seanetta
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I don't like clear cases as they show up all marks and dust under them
  • Conqueror Conqueror
    ✭✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    singhnsk said:
    singhnsk said:

Well, 3 months is the average. Plus/minus some time based on who is the maker. The super cheapish would be more yellow by that time as compared to something from better brands like Nillkin, which will be lesser. But 100% of them have turned or started turning yellow within 3 months.
    I am not sure if it's a regional difference. But you're the first person telling me that a transparent silicone case didn't turn yellow. Atmosphere can have some affect for sure.
    Maybe it's weather difference or due to the manufacturer. Mine is yet to turn yellow 
  • Giorgos Polydoros Giorgos Polydoros
    ✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    singhnsk said:
    singhnsk said:

If it's regional, count Southern Europe in as well... Never used a clear case for this exact reason, but I rarely see one that isn't already yellow. They are popular however, mainly because many OEMs give them for free with the phone I think.
  • Conqueror Conqueror
    ✭✭✭  / 
    This is the exact one I'm using. I ordered it from Aliexpress and have been using it and it has never turned yellow. Also non of its reviewers has complained that it later turned yellow. The quality is very good and it fits Nokia 8.1 very well. 
  • Conqueror Conqueror
    ✭✭✭  / 

• Conqueror Conqueror
    ✭✭✭  / 

• Conqueror Conqueror
    ✭✭✭  / 

• Conqueror Conqueror
    ✭✭✭  / 

• Conqueror Conqueror
    ✭✭✭  / 

• GTR12 GTR12
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Stop advertising, no-one cares 
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    I have never had one go yellow, mine have always gone darker where there is a source of heat from the phone, either way there is a change in the colour and it does look unsightly.

I have always liked Cruzerlite cases but the family tragedy they went through meant a halt to case production which was understandable. Hopefully they will get back on track and Bugdroid cases will be widely available again at some point rather than for just a select few phones.
  • P R A S U N P R A S U N
    ✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:

This one is supercool can i get it shipped to nepal??
  • Thanuj Thanuj
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @singhnsk Did you get it from Capes india or gadgetshieldz? I'm personally looking for a Skin for my Nokia 6.1+ and the skin you applied looks very good!
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @P R A S U N Unfortunately, the shop I purchased from doesn't do international shipping.
    @MatteBlacke I got it from StickOn 😅 Used to be a fan of GadgetShieldz but well, they decided to not do much for the Nokia.
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    True they turn out yellow. Mine turn out yellow in 3 months now. 
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @P R A S U N check whether there is any website in Nepal who sell such skin it cover. :)