5.150 known bugs?

Hi all, What are the known bugs with 5.150? AFAIK video below 4K still uses EIS and fingerprints are still lost with low battery. Is that correct?

5.150 known bugs?

madbilly madbilly
✭✭✭✭✭  / 
Hi all,
What are the known bugs with 5.150? AFAIK video below 4K still uses EIS and fingerprints are still lost with low battery. Is that correct? Anything else?
Cheers?

Comments

• mcdona922 mcdona922
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @madbilly Fingerprints disappeared for me on a phone I upgraded straight from Oreo 8.1 to Pie 5.150.  Once I re-registered my Fingerprints I wasn't able to recreate the bug, even when allowing the phone to enter Battery saver.  On my friends phone I did a factory reset first and so far the Fingerprint bug hasn't reared its ugly head.  Perhaps a clean upgrade is key.  Be interested to see what others experience.
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    madbilly said:
    AFAIK video below 4K still uses EIS
    I think HMD see that as a feature and not a bug, it is exactly the same on the 8.1
  • ignas ignas
    ✭✭✭  / 
    mrbelter said:
    madbilly said:
    AFAIK video below 4K still uses EIS
    I think HMD see that as a feature and not a bug, it is exactly the same on the 8.1
    I'm afraid so. And God forbid we have a choice..
  • Mick1965 Mick1965
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Is this a bug or worldwide hardware failure.
    But the clicky audio when shooting video hasn't been fixed.
  • potemkin potemkin
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Mick1965 said:
    Is this a bug or worldwide hardware failure.
    But the clicky audio when shooting video hasn't been fixed.
    My vote goes for worldwide microphone failure.
  • Heathiopian Heathiopian
    ✭✭  / 
    I've said in a previous thread that a temp fix for me (haven't determined how temp yet) is to record for a second using only rear mic then a sec clip using the front mic then selecting dual and recording I experience no clicks.....
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    Okay so fingerprints loss problem may be fixed, more data is required on this one.
    Microphone clicking is still there. (@mrbelter is it too late to ask them to fix the microphone whilst fixing your screen? If they replace the mainboard then you may find the microphone is fixed too, depending on a) if it is indeed due to hardware failure and b) if the fault is on the mainboard).
    Using EIS on an OIS-equipped phone "feature" still present and still very much unwanted!
    Any others?
    Cheers :)
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    OIS is more for low light photography than video, EIS is used for video stabilisation mainly because it is much faster to react and this is why i don't think HMD will ever give us the choice. If the sensor was large enough to accommodate the shifts in movement needed for EIS to work  i reckon it would be on the 4k option as well.

Why there isn't an option to use it not is beyond me but then again many of HMDs choices when it comes to photography are baffling.
  • user1508938037450 user1508938037450
    ✭✭✭  / 
    The Nokia 8 HAS "OIS". (the 8 SIROCCO NOT!). But, it is no more active since the "beautyful" "update" to "Nokia Pro Camera". 😡
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    user1508938037450 I'm pretty sure that OIS is still active with the pro camera UI.

@mrbelter you may be correct, but at the 8.1 launch HMD demoed the OIS on the 8.1 by mounting it in a springy wobbly mounting, set if off wobbling and recorded video to then playback and show how stable it was compared to a non-OIS enabled phone which was in the same mounting. Odd that they would do this and then not trust it.
  • potemkin potemkin
    ✭✭✭  / 
    mrbelter said:
    OIS is more for low light photography than video, EIS is used for video stabilisation mainly because it is much faster to react and this is why i don't think HMD will ever give us the choice.
    I don't know if EIS is better than OIS (don't have enough experience with EIS) but what I do know is that OIS is great for video stabilization. Nokia 9's crappy low light pictures and 4K videos (lacking both OIS and EIS) are testament to importance of having OIS.
  • potemkin potemkin
    ✭✭✭  / 
    The Nokia 8 HAS "OIS". (the 8 SIROCCO NOT!). But, it is no more active since the "beautyful" "update" to "Nokia Pro Camera". 😡
    OIS works perfectly on my phone, even when shooting videos with Nokia Pro Camera. There are other problems though, like focusing issues and those clicking sounds which are NOT limited to camera app.
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    madbilly said:

@mrbelter you may be correct, but at the 8.1 launch HMD demoed the OIS on the 8.1 by mounting it in a springy wobbly mounting, set if off wobbling and recorded video to then playback and show how stable it was compared to a non-OIS enabled phone which was in the same mounting. Odd that they would do this and then not trust it.
    Maybe so but on the 8.1 4k video is OIS and 1080p video is EIS just the same as it is on the 8 and just like on the 8 in the real world EIS does a noticeably better job at dampening camera shake etc. when you are videoing a scene without any panning around etc.

Personally i just shoot 4k so i can use OIS, there is something about EIS i just don't like.
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    We've gone a bit off topic here, sorry about that, this video is quite useful for the OIS vs EIS debate.

Again sorry and back to the bugs in 5.150 :)

✭✭✭  / 
    @wahnsinnig @Potemkin How can you know that OIS is running on the Nokia. The "Nokia-Pro-Camera-" update works on base of the camera-firmware of the Nokia 8 SIROCCO (Information from HMD last year, but I don't remember where I have read it). And the SIROCCO works only under/ with EIS, NOT OIS.

And, the camera of the Nokia 8 has a great "low light problem". 😒
  • potemkin potemkin
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @wahnsinnig @Potemkin How can you know that OIS is running on the Nokia. The "Nokia-Pro-Camera-" update works on base of the camera-firmware of the Nokia 8 SIROCCO (Information from HMD last year, but I don't remember where I have read it). And the SIROCCO works only under/ with EIS, NOT OIS.

Because video doesn't shake much when you move and low light pictures taken with Google camera are pretty good. Remember that OIS is actually a hardware feature so all apps can use it.
  • user1536323754226 user1536323754226
    ✭✭✭  / 
    If you set video in the stock camera app to 4K and turn the phone to face you, you can see the lens in the lower camera moves as you move the phone about a bit. In 720p and 1020p the lens assembly stays still.
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 

That's because the Sirocco doesn't have OIS.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @mrbelter I know, OIS is a hardware-function. And, yes, I know, the the "8"-camera has OIS, and the "SIROCCO"- camera not.

My question was/ is, if the "new" ("Nokia Pro Camera"-) camera-software (based on Nokia 8 SIROCCO) of the NOKIA 8 since the middle of the last year SUPPORT this hardware-function (or not). 
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    @mrbelter I know, OIS is a hardware-function. And, yes, I know, the the "8"-camera has OIS, and the "SIROCCO"- camera not.

My question was/ is, if the "new" ("Nokia Pro Camera"-) camera-software (based on Nokia 8 SIROCCO) of the NOKIA 8 since the middle of the last year SUPPORT this hardware-function (or not). 
    I am not sure what your point is, as OIS is a hardware function as you point out what does the app have to do with the price of fish?
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    madbilly said:
    Hi all,
    What are the known bugs with 5.150? AFAIK video below 4K still uses EIS and fingerprints are still lost with low battery. Is that correct? Anything else?
    Cheers?

compass not accurate.
  • martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭  / 
    mrbelter said:
    compass not accurate.
    WHAT???
    Everyone else claims that the compass would work again:

• mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    martin.fd said:
    mrbelter said:
    compass not accurate.
    WHAT???
    Everyone else claims that the compass would work again:

weirdly after a couple of reboots and with a calibration after each reboot it eventually went perfect, dunno what that was all about but at least it was a false alarm.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @mrbelter "Price of fish"? What will you tell me with this "answer". 😏 When a software was developed for a other hardware now she must work on an "other" Smartphone, in my mind it can be that then different functions don't work or not correctly.
    I don't say, that it is so. But it could be possible.
    I don't know what the problem of the camera, the camera-app is.
    But she doesn't work good, and this problem is the same than in the months before. 
  • martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭  / 
    mrbelter said:
    weirdly after a couple of reboots and with a calibration after each reboot it eventually went perfect, dunno what that was all about but at least it was a false alarm.
    Puhhh ... wipe the sweat from the forehead <3

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    user1508938037450 We discussed and tested OIS with the pro camera when it came to the 8 almost one year ago and I'm sure we concluded that OIS is working.

I read in the compass thread that geo-tagging may not be working properly after all. I will try and test this.

Camera app still seems to have all the same problems as before.

Any other bugs still present?

What about new ones?

• Jivko Antonov Jivko Antonov
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 7
    madbilly said:
    user1508938037450 We discussed and tested OIS with the pro camera when it came to the 8 almost one year ago and I'm sure we concluded that OIS is working.

I read in the compass thread that geo-tagging may not be working properly after all. I will try and test this.

Camera app still seems to have all the same problems as before.

Any other bugs still present?

What about new ones?

We have to do something and to explain the real problem of the app to @HMD_Laura.
    I don't care about OIS and EIS, they works and are good enough for me. But these low light conditions with flash starts to **** me off.
    It always refocus when we touch the shutter button and the software always choose low ISO and the photos are very dark.

Below I'm showing you 2 photos. One is taken on Auto and the second one on Pro with ISO 800. The difference is obvious.

• Karthiks Karthiks
    ✭✭  / 
    I found a problem in camera monochrome mode.. look at the picture
    The viewfinder picture moves in wave motion
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    Yes I agree that lowlight is poor, but it is across all of HMD's phones - the 9PV is becoming notorious and infamous for it!
    I suggest that you start a topic on this specific issue. I think that HMD cannot identify the problems in our threads of general issues and they only learn which issues are really important when those threads get lots of replies and likes/agrees.
    @Karthiks, I've never seen that before and that doesn't happen on my phone. Is there any way you can take a video?
  • petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Karthiks, I also don't have this problem in monochrome mode.