NFC Payments broken?!

Hi, Has anyone noticed that starting in late April (around the security update for April) does NFC payments no longer work?!  Regards

NFC Payments broken?!

Hi,

Has anyone noticed that starting in late April (around the security update for April) does NFC payments no longer work?! 

Regards

Comments

• bussie bussie
    ✭✭  / 
    No, no problems here. Update april installed.
  • posix posix
    ✭✭  / 
    I had similar problem, just turn off and turn on NFC.
  • posix said:
    I had similar problem, just turn off and turn on NFC.
    I will try this. Anyway, other NFC functions are working: beaming files to another device, or simply reading various NFC tags or cards.
  • Tomáš Frühauf Tomáš Frühauf
    ✭✭  /  edited May 7
    Same problem happened to me! I tried everything, also Graphic test that Nokia helpline recommended me. Nothing is working, it's completely dead...

I see.. Well, there is another procedure we can try. It is called a graphic test which will reinstall some drivers and may help fix this. The instructions are a little long, but I will provide a video for you to follow the instructions
    1- Connect your phone to the charger and keep it plugged in.Then turn it OFF (it's OFF when you don't see the ANDROID logo anymore)
    2- When your phone is turned OFF, simultaneously press and hold the POWER and VOLUME UP buttons
    3- The phone will turn ON again. Once you see the ANDROID logo, release the POWER button but keep pressing VOLUME UP
    4- After you keep pressing VOLUME UP for 20 to 30 seconds the Recovery Mode will open. If you see the message “No command”, press the turn on and volume up keys quickly at the same time, then you will see the menu. You can also try pressing and holding the power button and without releasing it, press just once the volume up key.
    5- In Recovery Mode, use the VOLUME UP/DOWN buttons to navigate and the POWER button to select. Choose the options: [WIPE CACHE PARTITION] (In case you have it)  later  [RUN GRAPHIC TEST]
    6- Select [Yes] so your phone will reset
    7 - When on the bottom of your screen you see "test complete", choose [Reboot system now] and select it. Your phone will restart

In the link there is a video you can use as guide to follow the instructions
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=16Vpkx4kwhEJBf3w1f2KcFpYEBUuaOD1v

• > @Tomáš Frühauf said:
    > Same problem happened to me! I tried everything, also Graphic test that Nokia helpline recommended me. Nothing is working, it's completely dead...
    >
    >
    > I see.. Well, there is another procedure we can try. It is called a graphic test which will reinstall some drivers and may help fix this. The instructions are a little long, but I will provide a video for you to follow the instructions
    >
    > 1- Connect your phone to the charger and keep it plugged in.Then turn it OFF (it's OFF when you don't see the ANDROID logo anymore)
    >
    > 2- When your phone is turned OFF, simultaneously press and hold the POWER and VOLUME UP buttons
    >
    > 3- The phone will turn ON again. Once you see the ANDROID logo, release the POWER button but keep pressing VOLUME UP
    >
    > 4- After you keep pressing VOLUME UP for 20 to 30 seconds the Recovery Mode will open. If you see the message “No command”, press the turn on and volume up keys quickly at the same time, then you will see the menu. You can also try pressing and holding the power button and without releasing it, press just once the volume up key.
    >
    > 5- In Recovery Mode, use the VOLUME UP/DOWN buttons to navigate and the POWER button to select. Choose the options: [WIPE CACHE PARTITION] (In case you have it)  later  [RUN GRAPHIC TEST]
    >
    > 6- Select [Yes] so your phone will reset
    >
    > 7 - When on the bottom of your screen you see "test complete", choose [Reboot system now] and select it. Your phone will restart
    >
    > In the link there is a video you can use as guide to follow the instructions
    >
    > https://drive.google.com/open?id=16Vpkx4kwhEJBf3w1f2KcFpYEBUuaOD1v

Tomáš Frühauf - does it solve the problem ?