I bought nokia 6.1 from india but it does not support mexico sim.can i know why it is not supporting

Nokia 6.1 is not supporting 

I bought nokia 6.1 from india but it does not support mexico sim.can i know why it is not supporting

Answers

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hello, it's likely because the phone is not approved by the FCC. Somebody recently told me that only the approved phones will be able to connect to the networks there. The vairant of Nokia 6.1 that you have is probably not approved by the FCC.
    Else, it should be related to the frequencies. Does the phone support the frequencies which are used by the carrier to J Mexico?
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 
    There is a North American variant of the phone but if you don't have that then I doubt you will be able to use it.  I would contact the carrier and ask if there is something you can do
    Regards
    Jason
  • sammy sammy
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Maybe flashing Mexico ROM will help you. Consult nokia service center in mexico
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    sammy said:
    The ROM is globally the same. There's no difference 🙂
  • bhagyesh2491 bhagyesh2491
    ✭✭✭  / 
    The carrier frequencies and bandwidths for different countries vary and hence your phone is not supporting the sim.
  • sammy sammy
    ✭✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    sammy said:
    The baseband version might differ country to country, though ROM might be same.
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    sammy said:
    singhnsk said:
    sammy said:
    Probably. But that's not flashable part of the software and the standard flash tool will not touch it.
  • sammy sammy
    ✭✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    sammy said:
    singhnsk said:
    sammy said:
    Probably. But that's not flashable part of the software and the standard flash tool will not touch it.
    The baseband software is cooked with the country specific ROM version. Flash tool will flash complete ROM image choosen by user.
  • sammy sammy
    ✭✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    sammy said:
    singhnsk said:
    sammy said:
    For example in Qualcomm processor, the modem also resides on same die as main processor. Hence the baseband ( modem firmware code) is put in ROM itself as modem and main processor OEM is same.