The calculation of points?

Hi @HMD_Laura , Good day, our dear community mod! I was just looking over at my profile and wanted to clear some doubts.

The calculation of points?

singhnsk singhnsk
✭✭✭✭✭  / 
Good day, our dear community mod! I was just looking over at my profile and wanted to clear some doubts. Are the points and ranking system only applicable for posts and comments made after the community was moved to Vanilla forums? Or are the previous posts also counted in?
Because when I look at my profile, my points should be much more than where they are currently. Since every like, lol and agree should be getting me a point,
  • Additions: 465 (agrees) + 317 (likes) + 61 (LOLs)
  • Deductions: 64 (disagree) + 1 (abuse) = 65
  • Net = 843 - 65 = 778
These are only from the reactions. Apart from that I have about 16  badges which on a average should at least get me 10 points each. That's 160 more points = 938
If I combine them all, I am hitting close to my total points count only via the badges and reactions alone. So, shouldn't I have double the points, given I have made a lot of comments too (which should get me 1 point each)?
If I only count posts made after community was moved, the still the reactions + comments should give a different number. I still find a big difference in the calculation of the total points. Are there any exceptions? I'd be happy with some clarifications on this.

Comments

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    I don't know how the points are really calculated, but I suspect that points are only granted for actions after that rule comes into place. I have seen a few people in old threads with no points, no stars, because they only made comments before we moved to Vanilla forums and before points started to be granted for making comments.
    So, I think that it's very difficult to work out from our stats how many points we should have.
    But have fun trying ;)
    Cheers :smiley: