Report here Bugs (Only)

Hey!  I am no member of Nokia 8.1 team.

Report here Bugs (Only)

Sheen Philips Sheen Philips
✭✭  / 
Hey! 

I am no member of Nokia 8.1 team. But I thought it will be Nice to create a Discussion for Bugs we face on our Nokia 8.1 and to keep the community little clean too.

I'll be obliged if you guys keep everything clean by just using the Rules. It will be easy to track down bugs.

Do Agree with a bug report if you face the same bug on your phone. It will be easy to track how many people are facing the same bug.

Rules
1. Mention your Security Patch Date and Build Number. Eg. 1 March 2019 - 00WW_2_590_SP01 
2. Mention any modifications you did with your system. Eg. Magisk, Unlocked Bootloader etc
3. How to reproduce the bug. Eg. Charge the phone from 20% then wait for 2 mins it will reset Screen on Time.

Tagged:

Comments

• Sheen Philips Sheen Philips
    ✭✭  / 
    Build Number : 1 April 2019 - 00WW_2_59E

Charging even after reaching 100% (Even Ampere App on Google Play Store shows charging at 200 to 300 mA at 100%)

P.S. It shows "Charging Rapidly" very rarely and for very short time. Also,Screen on Time (SOT) in the Battery Settings resets itself after unplugging the charger. I manage to reset the SOT at 0% every time.
  • I am having a problem with my mobile, Nokia 7 Plus. I don't know whether this problem only happens to my mobile or just Nokia 7 Plus or all Nokia phones. The problem is that when I delete the complete history of my Chrome browser with cache data > 600 MB, my phone used to hung up or restarted. When I went to the service centre, they reinstalled OS but the problem was not solved. I went 4 times, they reinstalled OS thrice with no effect and for the 4th time, they replaced my motherboard. Now it takes more than 12 minutes to complete erase chrome history. Is it happening to any of your mobiles? Please respond if any of you had or have this problem in your mobile(Any Nokia device). It's been 4 months and Nokia customer service are not responding to me now.
  • seanetta seanetta
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 13

Charging even after reaching 100% (Even Ampere App on Google Play Store shows charging at 200 to 300 mA at 100%)

P.S. It shows "Charging Rapidly" very rarely and for very short time. Also,Screen on Time (SOT) in the Battery Settings resets itself after unplugging the charger. I manage to reset the SOT at 0% every time.
    The charging rapidly only works when screen is off. Also when it reaches 100% it shows 100% charging for a short time then after a while it shows 100% charged. No bug to me. I'm thinking most phones would reset battery on time after unplugging since the cycle starts again from fresh after being charged. 
  • GTR12 GTR12
    ✭✭✭  / 
    My charging rapidly always works, screen on or off. 
    ✭✭  / 
    seanetta said:

The charging rapidly only works when screen is off. Also when it reaches 100% it shows 100% charging for a short time then after a while it shows 100% charged. No bug to me. I'm thinking most phones would reset battery on time after unplugging since the cycle starts again from fresh after being charged. 

Bro, I have been charging the the phone for 2 hours at 100% and still it is charging at 100%. It never shows charged. Take a look at the screenshot posted below.

• Argho Sarkar Argho Sarkar
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    seanetta said:

Brother, it's a bug we are facing since the February update. Even at 100%, it shows charging instead of charged. It's a minor bug and I have mailed the support team regarding this and they said when the phone reaches 100% it's fully charged even if it shows charging. Don't overcharge
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Rapid charging works well for me whether the screen is on or off.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Build Number : 1 April 2019 - 00WW_2_59E

There is no way to reproduce it intentionally. But it very often happens with Google Photos, Settings, Google Chrome and with Google Play Store. The last build too had this bug.

It happens with me too. I have faced this problem with Instagram,Facebook, Google photos. Really annoying bug as the screen just freezes
  • Anesti Katundi Anesti Katundi
    ✭✭  /  edited May 15
    Guys why do you charge your phone 100%.
    It's not good. The batteries work with cycles. 100% means one cycle , so within a year you will have a phone that has a 1000mah battery. I charge it twice a day at 80% so it only does 0.1 cycles. Ten 80% charges it's equal to one 100% charge. That bug it's irrelevant to me. Cheers!!
  • Pawan Jakhar Pawan Jakhar
    ✭✭  / 
    It's face unlock is not actually a face unlock, it is an illusion. It unlocks even if your eyes are closed. I did not expect this from a phone with price 27k. Any solution ???
  • Rishabh8.1 Rishabh8.1
    ✭✭  / 
    I dont know if its with me or everyone is facing this issue but, any pdf which i download on my sd card doesn't open, while if i download it in my phone storage it works...

What could be the possible reason for this...

In camera too, rear one, i was using it to check its night capability, it takes too much time to focus but when i clicked the photo, its totally black rather than what it was potraying during clicking the photo.

Ps..the phone is good, but is too buggy.. sometimes it switch off, need to go to airplane mood on and off just to make a call..battery drops rapidly without any heavy use.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    It's face unlock is not actually a face unlock, it is an illusion. It unlocks even if your eyes are closed. I did not expect this from a phone with price 27k. Any solution ???
    Yet no safe face unlock available for 8.1. Hope the face unlock provided with NOKIA 3.2, 4.2, 9 Pureview will be provided to 8.1 in future updates but still a doubt about it.
  • GTR12 GTR12
    ✭✭✭  / 
    It's not good. The batteries work with cycles. 100% means one cycle , so within a year you will have a phone that has a 1000mah battery. I charge it twice a day at 80% so it only does 0.1 cycles. Ten 80% charges it's equal to one 100% charge. That bug it's irrelevant to me. Cheers!!
    We'll see in 5 years how good your battery is vs mine, I go 0-100% every 3 days. I will give you 10 million dollars if your phone lasts longer. 
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited May 16
    Amith M said:
    We'll see in 5 years how good your battery is vs mine, I go 0-100% every 3 days. I will give you 10 million dollars if your phone lasts longer. 
    10 Million. Hahahaha. Seriously?? @Anesti Katundi what an opportunity  :D:D:D
  • Raghul Mohan Raghul Mohan
    ✭✭  /  edited May 16
    After downloading the April security update on my 8.1 the update was not installed and phone is not showing any updates now . It's currently on march 1 and says the phone is up to date . What to do, is this some kind of bug
  • GTR12 GTR12
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Easy, I take care of my batteries. I bet his phone won't work in 5 years. 
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Rapid charging works well for me whether the screen is on or off.
    Well it shouldn't, it will cook your battery, the phone should drop to a relativity low charge rate when the screen is on.
    ✭✭  / 
    Amith M said:
    It's a deal then. I'm finally going to be rich. Yayyy.
    I have another question. What about NFC, does it work on your device? In mine it doesn't only once it did when I got the phone but I'm unable to make it work... Such a shame
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Your logic is flawed, charging to 100% only represents one full cycle if it was at 0% to start with. If you are charging from 0% to 80% then that is 80% of one cycle not 10% of a cycle. If you are charging from 50% to 100% then that is 50% of one cycle, if you are charging from 90% to 100% then that is 10% of one cycle.

I've always charged my phones overnight (albeit on a non quick charge charger), once the battery hits 100% then the trickle it goes on to makes no never mind as to the life of the battery. I have never buggered a battery up in the lifetime of any phone i have owned to a point where it was noticeably worse than the day i bought it.

All this charging cycles is pretty much pointless anyway, Lithium Ion batteries start to deteriorate from the second they are made, that is just the nature of the technology. After 5 years the capacity of a repeatedly but in a controlled manner charged cell and a never touched cell will probably be quite similar.
    ✭✭  / 
    Amith M said:
    Easy, I take care of my batteries. I bet his phone won't work in 5 years. 
    I too take care of my batteries. You say your phone lasts 3 days? There's no way it does. Ir can last tou 24 hours at best but 3 days ? You're exaggerating. Look it up on internet which charging is better. 
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I myself charge the device in every 2 days @Anesti Katundi bro and I used to get 9 hours of Screen usage. If I use my phone for 9 hours in a single day only, I will have to charge it again in 24 hours. But I tend to use the device 4 hours a day and because if that a single charge lasts 2 days.

Same might be tha case for @Amith M
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    After feb update battery life is not that good like before. I only get 6 hours screen time. I used to get 8 hours before April update. Battery drains too fast when Bluetooth or hotspot is in working mode.  
  • GTR12 GTR12
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I myself charge the device in every 2 days @Anesti Katundi bro and I used to get 9 hours of Screen usage. If I use my phone for 9 hours in a single day only, I will have to charge it again in 24 hours. But I tend to use the device 4 hours a day and because if that a single charge lasts 2 days.

Same might be tha case for @Amith M
    @Anesti Katundi I'm not a 16yr old girl that's on her phone 16 hours a day, nor am I on Facebook, snapchat, tinder, instagram, you probably are.

I use whatsapp occasionally, so yeah I get 3 days.

Also like @mrbelter said, your logic is flawed, what are you smoking? 
  • Ravinder Bhambhu Ravinder Bhambhu
    ✭✭  / 
    screen wakes up issue during lockscreen
    and double tap to wake not working
    ✭✭  / 
    Build Number : 1 April 2019 - 00WW_2_59E_SP01

Ambient Display minor bug. (Last Build too had this)

To reproduce the bug, turn on full bezel from Settings > Display and use ambient display always on while charging or try to get a notification while screen is off you'll see status bar on the ambient screen. This only happens while Full Bezel option turned on. 
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    After downloading the April security update on my 8.1 the update was not installed and phone is not showing any updates now . It's currently on march 1 and says the phone is up to date . What to do, is this some kind of bug
    There was a server issue and I guess the updates were paused. I flashed a Nokia 8.1 to December and it was also not receiving any updates. But it got them today. Only to April though, the May udpate didn't show up. So, yeah wait for it. It will come when the server is ready to send it to you 😅
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    After the May Update, the charging time of 8.1 has increased. Just now, I checked my phone charged from 5% to 42% in 30 mins which used to be charged above 50% for the first 30 mins. The fast charging isn't working. Anyone has faced this ??  
  • Player000 Player000
    ✭✭  /  edited May 17
    -------1 April 2019 - 00WW_2_59E------

No lies ,looks cool tho wish could hide whole bottom part.

Cant SC but i i noticed after updating to latest update i found a bug..,. While using apps normally i pressed home button every thing on screen disappeared except the "(+_+)" folder notification bar and that small arrow right above google play store icon 
  • seanetta seanetta
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Amith M said:
    My charging rapidly always works, screen on or off. 
    No don't lie, all Nokia phones only fast charge with screen off