Disable evenwell.battery protection for superior battery life. It is BLOATWARE from China.

Android does not need an additional battery protection app. The app which HMD global has included is bloatware. It will drain your battery.

Disable evenwell.battery protection for superior battery life. It is BLOATWARE from China.

Android does not need an additional battery protection app. The app which HMD global has included is bloatware. It will drain your battery. After I disabled it I got +2.5 hours of battery life. See this for more information about the app https://dontkillmyapp.com/nokia
The app is verified to be bloat. It is from a chinese company and is not a part of pure android.

You cant disable the app through the settings. You need adb. I will walk you through the procedure.

1.Download Minimal ADB and Fastboot from here https://devsjournal.com/download-minimal-adb-fastboot-tool.html
2.Install it.
3.Turn on your phone and connect it to your pc.
4.Go to developer settings and turn on USB debugging.
5.When you installed Minimal ADB and Fastboot a shortcut must have appeared on your desktop. Open it.
6.You will get a command prompt window. Type "adb devices" and press enter.
7.You will get a notification on your phone asking for your permission select agree.

(If you did not get the notification on your phone. Then search google for android usb drivers and install them)

8.type "adb shell pm list packages" without quotation marks and press enter again.
9.You will get a list of apps. Scroll down and find one called "com.evenwell.powersaving.g3"  or "
com.evenwell.emm"

(You might also see "com.evenwell.batteryprotect" on the list which is also the same.)

10.If you see either one of those go to the bottom. if you saw it earlier on the list then disable it.
" adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.evenwell.powersaving.g3" and press enter.
or
" adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.evenwell.batteryprotect" and press enter.
or
" adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.evenwell.emm" and press enter.

Now you are finished.
You might have noticed many more evenwell apps. Most of them are bloat. To be honest you can disable all of the evenwell packages like I did. Nothing will happen to your phone. I disabled all of them and my phone is faster and has more screen on time than before.

Comments

• Osas Edosa Osas Edosa
    ✭✭  / 
    Thanks for the info .. i didnt use adb shell... I just went straight to the app settings and disabled it.. i usually get 9hrs SOT.. but it seems my battery has improved which means i am getting 12hrs SOT
  • Logical Dude Logical Dude
    ✭✭  / 
    YOU PEOPLE ONLY NEED TO DO ONE THING. GO TO THE SMARTPHONE DIALER, ENTER THE CODE *#*#666#*#* AND TURN EVERY OPTIONS OFF AND THEN PRESS BACK BUTTON TO EXIT (>>> THE ON/OFF OPTIONS ARE TINY IN THEIR TEXT SIZE AND SEEM TO BE PLAIN TEXTS, BUT THEY ARE NOT) [email protected]_Developers
  • carl sandell carl sandell
    ✭✭  / 
    NOW, I have cpu government on demand! 
    Thanks.