Please remove the disagree button and hide number of flags

Hello @HMD_Laura and @megan, Recently there have been some discussions which have deteriorated into arguments and mudslinging contests where the use of the disagree button has been used as a weapon.

Please remove the disagree button and hide number of flags

madbilly madbilly
✭✭✭✭✭  / 
Hello @HMD_Laura and @megan,

Recently there have been some discussions which have deteriorated into arguments and mudslinging contests where the use of the disagree button has been used as a weapon. I see no benefit in this button, it only causes aggravation and disharmony. If people disagree, then let them write that in a post, but don't let them just lazily click disagree because they have taken a dislike to someone.

I think the fact that people can see who has flagged them for abuse, spam etc is also a cause of aggravation. It doesn't seem to be used as much as the disagree button, but I have seen people react very strongly to being flagged even when the flag was fair. Other forums don't allow people to see who flagged them, it is left for only the moderators to see and take action on. If you can remove the ability for people to see who flagged them then please so, as I think this will also remove a way for people to weaponise the forum features.

Comments

• megan megan
    Staff member  / 
    Hello @madbilly,

Thank you for your feedback, I will pass this on to the team and provide a response. 

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    Thanks @megan :)
  • San.Phu San.Phu
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 7
    madbilly said:
    Hello @HMD_Laura and @megan,

Recently there have been some discussions which have deteriorated into arguments and mudslinging contests where the use of the disagree button has been used as a weapon. I see no benefit in this button, it only causes aggravation and disharmony. If people disagree, then let them write that in a post, but don't let them just lazily click disagree because they have taken a dislike to someone.

I think the fact that people can see who has flagged them for abuse, spam etc is also a cause of aggravation. It doesn't seem to be used as much as the disagree button, but I have seen people react very strongly to being flagged even when the flag was fair. Other forums don't allow people to see who flagged them, it is left for only the moderators to see and take action on. If you can remove the ability for people to see who flagged them then please so, as I think this will also remove a way for people to weaponise the forum features.

I am completely agree with you most of the time user disagree even not understanding the comment completely.
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭✭  /  edited May 7
    San.Phu said:
    I am completely agree with you most of the time user disagree even not understanding the comment completely.
    Not that you pressed less of disagrees on me on that day. I did return the favor after that though. But now that's another story. I won't start again :( We are good now :)

@madbilly Thanks for bringing it up.
    @megan Thank you for taking it up for future consideration. Maybe that's why social media platforms barely have a dislike or disagree button. Facebook now has angry reacts, but I do not even use Facebook enough anymore. So, I am not sure how well that works with the audiences.

I'd like the disagree button to be converted into a "Thanks" button. Because we do not have a reaction which communicates thanks and it should be the most used reaction as the forum has a lot of questions and a lot of helpful answers too. It will also avoid the need for users to make similar looking replies just to thank. That's what XDA-Developers forums do. A thanks button to reduce the thank spam.

• San.Phu San.Phu
    ✭✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    San.Phu said:
    Not that you pressed less of disagrees on me on that day. I did return the favor after that though. But now that's another story. I won't start again :( We are good now :)

@megan Thank you for taking it up for future consideration. Maybe that's why social media platforms barely have a dislike or disagree button. Facebook now has angry reacts, but I do not even use Facebook enough anymore. So, I am not sure how well that works with the audiences.

I'd like the disagree button to be converted into a "Thanks" button. Because we do not have a reaction which communicates thanks and it should be the most used reaction as the forum has a lot of questions and a lot of helpful answers too. It will also avoid the need for users to make similar looking replies just to thank. That's what XDA-Developers forums do. A thanks button to reduce the thank spam.

singhnsk said:
    San.Phu said:

Thanks button is required here in this platform.