NFC stopped working

Hello community, I got my Nokia 7 Plus SS for prox. 6 months, with latest April update.

NFC stopped working

Tomáš Frühauf Tomáš Frühauf
✭✭  / 
Hello community,

I got my Nokia 7 Plus SS for prox. 6 months, with latest April update. The NFC in the Settings and Google Pay looks fully working, but when it comes to payment on any terminal, it just DOESN'T WORK. Yesterday everything was working normally.

I tried to restart the phone, there are no updates to GPay app, no soulution at all...

Is somebody facing these problems too?

Thanks! :neutral:
Tagged:

Comments

• WebMaster2019 WebMaster2019
    ✭✭  / 
    Hi Tomas.
    I have the same problem.
    The NFC just stop working after 7 may.
    I think, the last update simple broke the feature.
    Nokia, HDM, Google - any ideas how to fix it???
  • posix posix
    ✭✭  / 
    Turn off and turn on NFC in settings, it will work again for some time. 😂
    ✭✭  / 
    > @posix said:
    > Turn off and turn on NFC in settings, it will work again for some time. 😂

Already tried. Did not help. Any other suggestions?)
  • Tomáš Frühauf Tomáš Frühauf
    ✭✭  / 
    Okay, looks like that the latest update just killed GPay (don't know about other NFC features) for some of us. Hope it's not permanent. I should stay with Pixel than facing these ugly problems.. Thank You for the support and help. I think now it's fully on HMD to fix it.
  • Jirka82 Jirka82
    ✭✭  / 
    Me too. NFC payments do not respond. Other features (like sharing) work.
  • ajbe ajbe
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 11
    Hi Tomas.
    I have the same problem.
    I don't think the problem is just the last update. I use Google Pay every day and have not experienced any problems since updating. There must be other interacting factors causing your problem.
    ✭✭  / 
    ajbe said:
    Hi Tomas.
    I have the same problem.
    I don't think the problem is just the last update. I use Google Pay every day and have not experienced any problems since updating. There must be other interacting factors causing your problem.
    I think, your are right. Today a'll try again to pay with nfc. I already do a Graphic test that Nokia helpline recommended. Maybe it help. 
  • posix posix
    ✭✭  / 
    I think, your are right. Today a'll try again to pay with nfc. I already do a Graphic test that Nokia helpline recommended. Maybe it help. 
    Graphic test is hoax, it just plays all the recovery screens, doesn't fix anything. So in the end all you do is just restarting the phone.
  • user1525672339997 user1525672339997
    ✭✭  / 
    In each update nokia is fixing few issues and also starting another issues. This is nokia buggy phone strategy. Untill you have nokia phone, you have to face bugs only. Same with me.
  • iainfm iainfm
     / 
    Just to say I have the same problem since the update. My phone (a TA-1055) can read an nfc tag, but contactless payments don't work. I don't think beam does either, but I haven't experimented much with that.
  • Laurentiu LAZAR Laurentiu LAZAR
    ✭✭  / 
    I have the same issue ( https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/47410/nfc-payments-broken#latest ) I did not use Google Pay (since is not available in my country), but two tap and pay apps from two banks in my country where I have accounts and cards. Merrely I can say that is ceased to work sometimes after 25 april (I can't say exactly the date since it was holliday and most stores where closed), more precisely afte 1 may. Other functions work well: beam files, reading various tags and/or cards.
  • Michael Krotz Michael Krotz
    ✭✭  /  edited May 14
    Same with me: after last Android update, NFC payment does not work anymore (Nokia 8 / Android 9) !
  • Dawid Weiss Dawid Weiss
     / 
    Unfortunately I experience the same -- no NFC payments after the upgrade. Worked flawlessly before.
  • Jullikuusto Jullikuusto
    ✭✭  / 
    Unfortunately same here with Sirocco...
  • Karol Sitarz Karol Sitarz
    ✭✭  / 
    Wanted to second that. Google Pay stopped working sometime last week and nothing I do can get it to work. I truly hope this will be fixed soon.
  • suki-san suki-san
    ✭✭  / 
    Same for me with TA-1046 in Switzerland where Google Pay was introduced at the end of April. No reaction at compliant terminals at all. Simply not working ...

Please Nokia, fix this asap!
  • mat67 mat67
    ✭✭  / 
    I had same problem with Google pay as well other NFC cards, I managed to fix problem by deleting other apps that had NFC. After that Google pay worked again. Here in Finland some of the operarors informed that problem is google updates, not caused by phone manufactorers.
  • MagicBUBU MagicBUBU
     /  edited May 20
    it is about google security patch. this one https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2019-2041 ???