Android Q - Known Issues Summary List (V4.011 - 00WW_4_011) - Page 2

My Nokia 1 won't boot on, keeps vibrating and wont come on, and once it does, it goes off again after I input my password, i wanna know why and what do to???,…

Android Q - Known Issues Summary List (V4.011 - 00WW_4_011)

Comments

• Aust Aust
     /  edited May 2019
    My Nokia 1 won't boot on, keeps vibrating and wont come on, and once it does, it goes off again after I input my password, i wanna know why and what do to???, really urgent!!!
  • BilalH97 BilalH97
    ✭✭  / 
    BilalH97 said:
    Hey, I noticed that your SIM is working. Did you do anything to make it work or was it working as soon as your updated?

ĐQuang Vinh said:

Are those below happen to everyone or just me
    The device will restart right after the screen is locked
    The circle icon option is missing
    The blue accent colour is also gone
    Mine is also working. What problem are you facing?
    Basically the SIM just isn't detected and I can't find a way to enable it either like that bug on the Pixel 3 either.

You also mentioned that quick charge is working for you. That is broken for me as well. It does say "charging rapidly" but it's actually charging at a slow pace. Not to mention, the phone gets very hot to the touch and is definitely a concern.
  • Any one from india flashed this? are you able to make / receive calls sms? How do i check if i have a CMCC card? 
  • Anurag Purohit Anurag Purohit
    ✭✭  / 
    Any one from india flashed this? are you able to make / receive calls sms? How do i check if i have a CMCC card? 
    not able to make calls...only receiving....not able to receive messages...network fluctuation also there... 
  • Any one from india flashed this? are you able to make / receive calls sms? How do i check if i have a CMCC card? 
    not able to make calls...only receiving....not able to receive messages...network fluctuation also there... 
    Thanks for the heads up
  • Prateek Kejriwal Prateek Kejriwal
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Any one from india flashed this? are you able to make / receive calls sms? How do i check if i have a CMCC card? 
    Yep.

CMCC are chinese cards (thats what i found on google).

JIO- you wont be able to make calls/send/receive sms .

Other networks- it is able to make calls/receive it ,send sms /receive it .

Networks checked- vodafone,airtel,jio
    ✭✭✭  / 
    BilalH97 said:
    BilalH97 said:
    Hey, I noticed that your SIM is working. Did you do anything to make it work or was it working as soon as your updated?

ĐQuang Vinh said:

Basically the SIM just isn't detected and I can't find a way to enable it either like that bug on the Pixel 3 either.

You also mentioned that quick charge is working for you. That is broken for me as well. It does say "charging rapidly" but it's actually charging at a slow pace. Not to mention, the phone gets very hot to the touch and is definitely a concern.
    Will have a time check once again with quick charge and post my obsrrvations here
    ✭✭✭  / 
    BilalH97 said:
    BilalH97 said:

ĐQuang Vinh said:

Will have a time check once again with quick charge and post my obsrrvations here
    Hey, I checked QuickCharge, and its working fine.

took 40 mins to reach from 47 to 94.

You need the screen to be off for QC to work

• Đỗ Quang Vinh Đỗ Quang Vinh
    ✭✭  / 
    My 5 -6 hours with ADP.

Some missing features/bugs which i noticed are - 

1. Gestures
    2.Buggy Download manager
    3.VoLTE seems to be working but not completely. I can receive calls but not make calls and send/receive sms.
    4.Camera works fine. However, its the vanilla version of Camera app provided by Qualcomm so nothing special expected from it. Nokia will surely replace that app with it's own in upcoming builds.

5.External storage like SD card is not accessible by third-party apps but only system apps compatible with Android Q . I guess there are some changes with Storage framework because of which apps are not able to access SD card. Checked this with Whatsapp, instagram.

6.Apps requiring Google certifications/safety net or something similar would not work because the OS is still in Development phase.

7.Fingerprint is working fine, but is slow.
    8.Dark theme is not properly applied over settings app.
    9.Files app crashes when refreshing.

For the people who are complaining for bugs, these kind of builds are not to be used on your daily driver device. If you dont have a secondary device with you, then please dont load this. 
    The preview is still in development phase and will definitely have bugs.

No matter if its beta 1 or beta 3 . It may get even worse or stable with future updates.

Will provide feedback as much as possible to make it stable..
    A Developer can only be able to preview a usable build. A build that makes a phone unusable shouldn't be released for preview. Google released Beta 3 that is very usable and manageable to developers to preview but instead of releasing the Beta 3 Build, HMD released the premature Beta 1 build which is totally unacceptable. We need the Beta 3 build now. 
    So? Installing DP means that you have accepted the risks so don't blame Hmd for making your phone unusable. Hmd is not your mother that will provide you with everything you want. Can you just be patient because we all know the bugs in this build 🤗 
  • BilalH97 BilalH97
    ✭✭  / 
    BilalH97 said:
    BilalH97 said:

ĐQuang Vinh said:

Thanks for checking and reporting back.

I've got a pretty weird hunch that mine is actually fast charging when the screen is on instead of off. I'll be back with some results later to confirm, of course.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    BilalH97 said:
    BilalH97 said:
    BilalH97 said:

ĐQuang Vinh said:

Thanks for checking and reporting back.

I've got a pretty weird hunch that mine is actually fast charging when the screen is on instead of off. I'll be back with some results later to confirm, of course.
    As soon as you switch screen off and switch it on after 5 mins, you will see charging rapidly at the bottom for a split second.

This happens because, quick charge requires the device to remain cool and use as minimal power as reqd. Keeping the screen on stops the phone from going to sleep and display generates heat, so QC gets disabled for that period of time.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Instead blaming all to HmD , u guys shld focus on bugs 
    The truth has been spoken.😁

• petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @matteo.m Would I wonder why just a Nokia 8.1 phone?
  • Dwarak Dwarak
    ✭✭  / 
    My phone screen went completely blank just a white screen. After an hour the phone got  switched off and I charged the phone then switch on the phone. There is some touch issues with screen. 
  • ambadas9 ambadas9
    ✭✭  / 
    In future nokia 5.1 plus will receive Android Q update or not
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hey  @matteo.m ,

Is there a weekly or ****-monthly update cycles for ADP, just to monitor the progress?
  • sammy sammy
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Any chance Nokia will release andriod Q beta version for nokia 6.1? 
  • madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 
    @Prateek Kejriwal I don't know what word you wrote that was blocked out by the profanity filter!

I don't have an 8.1, but the phone can rapid charge with the screen on, it doesn't need to turn the screen off to rapid charge. However, I don't use it when charging and I have brightness set quite low, so the heat load is still pretty low.
    Cheers :)
    ✭✭✭  / 
    madbilly said:
    @Prateek Kejriwal I don't know what word you wrote that was blocked out by the profanity filter!

I don't have an 8.1, but the phone can rapid charge with the screen on, it doesn't need to turn the screen off to rapid charge. However, I don't use it when charging and I have brightness set quite low, so the heat load is still pretty low.
    Cheers :)
    It meant twice a month.

• Rollback to pie is now available. Great work at getting it out that quick HMD!
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 2019
    alexpxela said:
    Rollback to pie is now available. Great work at getting it out that quick HMD!
    They had to, else you can see the starting comments.
  • Argho Sarkar Argho Sarkar
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Full over the Air update for Android Q Developer Preview is expected to arrive in June 2019. 
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 2019
    Full over the Air update for Android Q Developer Preview is expected to arrive in June 2019. 
    I hope they release one update before that, atleast make VoLTE and RIL stable,so that we can use the device for its basic functions.

I dont want to restore back to pie .😐
  • Huu Tran Bao Huu Tran Bao
    ✭✭  / 
    alexpxela said:
    Rollback to pie is now available. Great work at getting it out that quick HMD!
    Can you give us the link to rollback?
  • Huu Tran Bao Huu Tran Bao
    ✭✭  / 

Greeting !, I found it at this link: https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/developer
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Any updates ? Looks like people were waiting for rollback.
  • nitinkachare nitinkachare
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited May 2019
    @matteo.m @juho @dipankar paul @madbilly @wilson shrestha
    I did following steps where i did adb sideload method steps after may update build but i get error while doing adb sideload.Do you have any solutions about this.
    PC:
    1.platform-tools>adb devices
    List of devices attached
    PNXXX        device
    2.platform-tools>adb reboot recovery
    3.platform-tools>adb devices
    List of devices attached
    PNXXX        sideload
    4.platform-tools>adb sideload PNX-4011-0-00WW-B01-update.zip-P-to-Q.zip
    Total xfer: 1.00x
    Package nearly sent 47% after that stopped working.

Mobile:
    Supported API:3
    Boot Reason:(null)
    stopping adbd...
    Now send the package you want to apply
    to the device with "adb sideload <filename>"...
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Verifying update package...
    Update package verification took 143.6s (result 0).
    Installing update...
    E:Update package is older than the current build,expected a
    build newer than timestamp 1556891740 but package has timestamp 1556883395 and downgrade not allowed.
    E:Downgrade package must have a pre-build version set,not allowed.
    Step 1/2
    Error applying update:51(ErrorCode::kPayloadTimestampError)
    E:Error in/Sideload/package.zip(Status 1)
    Installation aborted.
    Stopping adbd...
  • Anne Boersma Anne Boersma
    ✭✭  / 
    Dus you do the last update? May update(april security patch), i did and cannot update anymore, same error
This discussion has been closed.