Android Q - Known Issues Summary List (V4.011 - 00WW_4_011) - Page 3

That should happen as the developer preview was released earlier, so it is likely that it is not supported with the newer update of May.

Android Q - Known Issues Summary List (V4.011 - 00WW_4_011)

Comments

• Argho Sarkar Argho Sarkar
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Dus you do the last update? May update(april security patch), i did and cannot update anymore, same error
    That should happen as the developer preview was released earlier, so it is likely that it is not supported with the newer update of May. Don't worry Nokia will eventually will provide through OTA the Android Q update in June. That will be safer and better
  • Dus you do the last update? May update(april security patch), i did and cannot update anymore, same error
    That should happen as the developer preview was released earlier, so it is likely that it is not supported with the newer update of May. Don't worry Nokia will eventually will provide through OTA the Android Q update in June. That will be safer and better
    The problem i think they're facing right now is their phone is unusable? They couldn't be able flash both the q and the roll back p build as both are old. They'll have to wait for may system image! Rookie wastelands inhibiting Nokia's developer division LOL didn't event test properly
  • nitinkachare nitinkachare
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Dus you do the last update? May update(april security patch), i did and cannot update anymore, same error
    Yes I am on May Security Patch.
  • Prateek Kejriwal Prateek Kejriwal
    ✭✭✭  / 
    The problem i think they're facing right now is their phone is unusable? They couldn't be able flash both the q and the roll back p build as both are old. They'll have to wait for may system image! Rookie wastelands inhibiting Nokia's developer division LOL didn't event test properly
    @matteo.m 

This got a point. The update package should not consider the timestamp as a condition.It is something major, above all.
  • Đỗ Quang Vinh Đỗ Quang Vinh
    ✭✭  / 
    It's been a week and i have something to say
    Actually this build isn't that bad. My initial thought was very negative and somehow against this build as there were lots of bugs. However, having been factory resetted, the phone now runs incredibly fast. Of course some bugs still exist but they are just imperceptible. Except those issues aforementioned in the announcement, the others won't be noticable. Also both lg g8 and nokia 8.1 are running on the same version which is QKQ1.**** so theirs users are on the same boat so-called "premature beta" :)
    ✭✭✭  / 
    It's been a week and i have something to say
    Actually this build isn't that bad. My initial thought was very negative and somehow against this build as there were lots of bugs. However, having been factory resetted, the phone now runs incredibly fast. Of course some bugs still exist but they are just imperceptible. Except those issues aforementioned in the announcement, the others won't be noticable. Also both lg g8 and nokia 8.1 are running on the same version which is QKQ1.**** so theirs users are on the same boat so-called "premature beta" :)
    Same happened with me, for 2 days the device felt sluggish and slow but after that it got wayyy better . There is some instability with regards to network but still its good. 

And happy to see that someone finally looked into the beta builds on other devices instead of blindly following the blame trend.
  • Anne Boersma Anne Boersma
    ✭✭  / 
    I also can use my phone (android pie) but with latest update so i cannot upgrade to android Q
  • todesurteil todesurteil
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @matteo.m If I may ask if there's an update for the developer preview will the updates be received via OTA or will we have to update the build manually?

• todesurteil todesurteil
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I also can use my phone (android pie) but with latest update so i cannot upgrade to android Q
    Probably with the next update of the developer preview it will accept the May SP and you'll be able to update your device.
  • Đỗ Quang Vinh Đỗ Quang Vinh
    ✭✭  /  edited May 2019
    My 5 -6 hours with ADP.

Some missing features/bugs which i noticed are - 

1. Gestures
    2.Buggy Download manager
    3.VoLTE seems to be working but not completely. I can receive calls but not make calls and send/receive sms.
    4.Camera works fine. However, its the vanilla version of Camera app provided by Qualcomm so nothing special expected from it. Nokia will surely replace that app with it's own in upcoming builds.

5.External storage like SD card is not accessible by third-party apps but only system apps compatible with Android Q . I guess there are some changes with Storage framework because of which apps are not able to access SD card. Checked this with Whatsapp, instagram.

6.Apps requiring Google certifications/safety net or something similar would not work because the OS is still in Development phase.

7.Fingerprint is working fine, but is slow.
    8.Dark theme is not properly applied over settings app.
    9.Files app crashes when refreshing.

For the people who are complaining for bugs, these kind of builds are not to be used on your daily driver device. If you dont have a secondary device with you, then please dont load this. 
    The preview is still in development phase and will definitely have bugs.

No matter if its beta 1 or beta 3 . It may get even worse or stable with future updates.

Will provide feedback as much as possible to make it stable..
    A Developer can only be able to preview a usable build. A build that makes a phone unusable shouldn't be released for preview. Google released Beta 3 that is very usable and manageable to developers to preview but instead of releasing the Beta 3 Build, HMD released the premature Beta 1 build which is totally unacceptable. We need the Beta 3 build now. 
    I am pretty sure, beta 3 is on its way . 

as i can see that the kernel was built on 5th May 2019 and even it has latest security patches till 5th May .

So, there are possibilities that they will release the new OS soon BETA 3

As for the usability, I am able to receive calls/make calls and send/receive sms on non VoLTE network. There are some issues with VoLTE which from my past experience with beta builds is quite normal. 

There are definitely some graphical glitches here n there but its usable.Given Nokia customized apps are still missing, your mileage may vary.

Gcam also works fine. 

EDIT:Just looked into Android Q Release notes and everywhere else. 
    ONE PLUS Forums------------

Mi9 - Have same build as ours.
    LG G8 Thinq- Also has same build as ours. 

and man they have even much more worse issue than ours. 

Atleast i am able to use stable wifi and mobile networks.
    i can confirm that gcam still works. just install the port by back.rider and the camera should work like a charm.
    also the nokia camera and ozo audio work fine. get the package at apk mirror then you are good to go.
    gestural navigation can be activated via adb and dark mode is officially supported, which mean this build can be beta 3 because the new navigation first appeared in beta 2 and dark mode is only for beta 3 users
    bear in mind that nokia 8.1 isn't google pixel 3. hmd can eliminate some features, maybe due to the instability or something else that we do not know
    fingerprint works
    vibration works
    quickcharge works
    gestural and two button navigation work
    dark mode works
    lte, 3g, volte are fine, at least for me
    wifi is stable
    three day usage without restarting the device
    apps work fine, haven't crashed yet (for me ofc)
    usb file transfer works fine
    pin, pattern, password are okay
    conqueror you really want to conquer your absurdities?   

✭✭✭  /  edited May 2019
    My 5 -6 hours with ADP.

Some missing features/bugs which i noticed are - 

1. Gestures
    2.Buggy Download manager
    3.VoLTE seems to be working but not completely. I can receive calls but not make calls and send/receive sms.
    4.Camera works fine. However, its the vanilla version of Camera app provided by Qualcomm so nothing special expected from it. Nokia will surely replace that app with it's own in upcoming builds.

5.External storage like SD card is not accessible by third-party apps but only system apps compatible with Android Q . I guess there are some changes with Storage framework because of which apps are not able to access SD card. Checked this with Whatsapp, instagram.

6.Apps requiring Google certifications/safety net or something similar would not work because the OS is still in Development phase.

7.Fingerprint is working fine, but is slow.
    8.Dark theme is not properly applied over settings app.
    9.Files app crashes when refreshing.

For the people who are complaining for bugs, these kind of builds are not to be used on your daily driver device. If you dont have a secondary device with you, then please dont load this. 
    The preview is still in development phase and will definitely have bugs.

No matter if its beta 1 or beta 3 . It may get even worse or stable with future updates.

Will provide feedback as much as possible to make it stable..
    A Developer can only be able to preview a usable build. A build that makes a phone unusable shouldn't be released for preview. Google released Beta 3 that is very usable and manageable to developers to preview but instead of releasing the Beta 3 Build, HMD released the premature Beta 1 build which is totally unacceptable. We need the Beta 3 build now. 
    I am pretty sure, beta 3 is on its way . 

as i can see that the kernel was built on 5th May 2019 and even it has latest security patches till 5th May .

So, there are possibilities that they will release the new OS soon BETA 3

As for the usability, I am able to receive calls/make calls and send/receive sms on non VoLTE network. There are some issues with VoLTE which from my past experience with beta builds is quite normal. 

There are definitely some graphical glitches here n there but its usable.Given Nokia customized apps are still missing, your mileage may vary.

Gcam also works fine. 

EDIT:Just looked into Android Q Release notes and everywhere else. 
    ONE PLUS Forums------------

Mi9 - Have same build as ours.
    LG G8 Thinq- Also has same build as ours. 

and man they have even much more worse issue than ours. 

Atleast i am able to use stable wifi and mobile networks.
    i can confirm that gcam still works. just install the port by back.rider and the camera should work like a charm.
    also the nokia camera and ozo audio work fine. get the package at apk mirror then you are good to go.
    gestural navigation can be activated via adb and dark mode is officially supported, which mean this build can be beta 3 because the new navigation first appeared in beta 2 and dark mode is only for beta 3 users
    bear in mind that nokia 8.1 isn't google pixel 3. hmd can eliminate some features, maybe due to the instability or something else that we do not know
    fingerprint works
    vibration works
    quickcharge works
    gestural and two button navigation work
    dark mode works
    lte, 3g, volte are fine, at least for me
    wifi is stable
    three day usage without restarting the device
    apps work fine, haven't crashed yet (for me ofc)
    usb file transfer works fine
    pin, pattern, password are okay
    conqueror you really want to conquer your absurdities?   

BURN !!! 🔥🔥🔥
    Can you share the commands to enable gestures? EDIT: Got it from Google.

and by VoLTE ? Are you able to send/receive sms ? or make calls>?
    ✭✭✭  / 
    if anyone is on Android P and reading this post. Please share your camera apk here.
  • vinhhhhhh vinhhhhhh
     /  edited May 2019
    > @Prateek Kejriwal said:
    > if anyone is on Android P and reading this post. Please share your camera apk here.

here u go
    firstly disable three button nav
    adb shell cmd overlay disable com.android.internal.systemui.navbar.threebutton
    then enable gestural nav
    adb shell cmd overlay enable com.android.internal.systemui.navbar.gestural
    cheers.
    camera apk can be downloaded from here: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/hmd-global/nokia-camera-new/nokia-camera-new-91-9-1190-61-release/
    -----------------
    i have to use another account as i am banned from posting comment and need accepting, somebody has conquered me :)))
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 
    @matteo.m @juho @dipankar paul @madbilly @wilson shrestha
    I did following steps where i did adb sideload method steps after may update build but i get error while doing adb sideload.Do you have any solutions about this.
    PC:
    1.platform-tools>adb devices
    List of devices attached
    PNXXX        device
    2.platform-tools>adb reboot recovery
    3.platform-tools>adb devices
    List of devices attached
    PNXXX        sideload
    4.platform-tools>adb sideload PNX-4011-0-00WW-B01-update.zip-P-to-Q.zip
    Total xfer: 1.00x
    Package nearly sent 47% after that stopped working.

Mobile:
    Supported API:3
    Boot Reason:(null)
    stopping adbd...
    Now send the package you want to apply
    to the device with "adb sideload <filename>"...
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Verifying update package...
    Update package verification took 143.6s (result 0).
    Installing update...
    E:Update package is older than the current build,expected a
    build newer than timestamp 1556891740 but package has timestamp 1556883395 and downgrade not allowed.
    E:Downgrade package must have a pre-build version set,not allowed.
    Step 1/2
    Error applying update:51(ErrorCode::kPayloadTimestampError)
    E:Error in/Sideload/package.zip(Status 1)
    Installation aborted.
    Stopping adbd...
    Normal ah! The update packages do not install on newer timestamps. They need to push a new update for the dev preview which is newer than the current timestamp (for May update).
  • AMANDEEP1888 AMANDEEP1888
    ✭✭  / 
    Please fix the problem for touch freeze issue
  • Can Nokia 5.1 will get android 10(Q). I am using Nokia 5.1 model. So my mobile is eligible for receiving android Q after September
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited May 2019
    singhnsk said:
    @matteo.m @juho @dipankar paul @madbilly @wilson shrestha
    I did following steps where i did adb sideload method steps after may update build but i get error while doing adb sideload.Do you have any solutions about this.
    PC:
    1.platform-tools>adb devices
    List of devices attached
    PNXXX        device
    2.platform-tools>adb reboot recovery
    3.platform-tools>adb devices
    List of devices attached
    PNXXX        sideload
    4.platform-tools>adb sideload PNX-4011-0-00WW-B01-update.zip-P-to-Q.zip
    Total xfer: 1.00x
    Package nearly sent 47% after that stopped working.

Mobile:
    Supported API:3
    Boot Reason:(null)
    stopping adbd...
    Now send the package you want to apply
    to the device with "adb sideload <filename>"...
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Verifying update package...
    Update package verification took 143.6s (result 0).
    Installing update...
    E:Update package is older than the current build,expected a
    build newer than timestamp 1556891740 but package has timestamp 1556883395 and downgrade not allowed.
    E:Downgrade package must have a pre-build version set,not allowed.
    Step 1/2
    Error applying update:51(ErrorCode::kPayloadTimestampError)
    E:Error in/Sideload/package.zip(Status 1)
    Installation aborted.
    Stopping adbd...
    Normal ah! The update packages do not install on newer timestamps. They need to push a new update for the dev preview which is newer than the current timestamp (for May update).
    Here is updates regarding this issue from @matteo.m
    https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/48046/update-android-q-developer-preview#latest
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    We have to wait for OTA update with New Preview Build.I hope it will come with less bugs.
  • Nokia 5 beta android Q
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Nokia 5 beta android Q
    In 2020
  • madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 
    Nokia 5 beta android Q
    In 2020
    More likely never, unless you make it yourself! :D
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited May 2019
    Anybody else who know how to clear suggestions in Android Q Preview Beta On Nokia 8.1. I didn't get clear option under this suggestions.One More thing is that this preview didn't contain nokia camera firmware and application.

✭✭✭✭  /  edited May 2019
    Anybody else who know how to clear suggestions in Android Q Preview Beta On Nokia 8.1. I didn't get clear option under this suggestions.One More thing is that this preview didn't contain nokia camera firmware and application.

Yes it's the same developer preview that was earlier released and that's why the Nokia camera application not installed.
  • wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

seems only way doing the suggested work ..😅
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Has anyone tried the manual rollback from Android Q DP to Android 9 Pie ? If yes, which security patch does it revert back to April or May patch?
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Has anyone tried the manual rollback from Android Q DP to Android 9 Pie ? If yes, which security patch does it revert back to April or May patch?
    It doesn't matter . if you get updated to April's build then it will automatically update itself to May within hours of use. Just go ahead the flashing.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    It doesn't matter . if you get updated to April's build then it will automatically update itself to May within hours of use. Just go ahead the flashing.
    Okies. Thanks  :)
  • HMDLaura HMDLaura
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi y'all 

will close this thread since we released the new build. Find the list with known issues >here< 
This discussion has been closed.