About the new pie build!

Most things are improved like the overall user experience.

About the new pie build!

cooljevil cooljevil
✭✭✭  / 
Most things are improved like the overall user experience. There are also features that are added, one popular thing is the Digital Wellbeing and the re-added Sunlight Mode feature in settings.

As you can notice in this browser is that the blue color of the site is blended to the notification bar. Icons from the home screen and app drawer are larger now. 

Feature that is removed:
The semi rounded corners of the screen (if you noticed it).

That's my first impressions of the new update. Also, write your experiences, too, on the update.  :)
Tagged:

Comments

• Yeah, a lot of things seem nice...
    ....but the video cam focus still does intense pumping :(
  • cooljevil said:
    Most things are improved like the overall user experience. There are also features that are added, one popular thing is the Digital Wellbeing and the re-added Sunlight Mode feature in settings.

As you can notice in this browser is that the blue color of the site is blended to the notification bar. Icons from the home screen and app drawer are larger now. 

Feature that is removed:

That's my first impressions of the new update. Also, write your experiences, too, on the update.  :)
    What about battery life ( SOT ) and standby battery drain overnight ? 
    And also a bug with manual mobile network selection ?
  • cooljevil said:

Feature that is removed:

I did not notice unusually high standby battery use even with the previous build. 5-6% lost overnight was typical. On par with my old Samsung.
  • Tobias R said:
    cooljevil said:

Feature that is removed:

I did not notice unusually high standby battery use even with the previous build. 5-6% lost overnight was typical. On par with my old Samsung.
    I am on 7.1.1 - standby battery drain through 8 hours is 0%
  • RBruins RBruins
    ✭✭  / 
    Notificación delay?
    Batery drain with Network and/ or wifi active?
    Background app killing?
    Compass?
    Fingerprint?
    Lag?
    Camera?
  • RBruins RBruins
    ✭✭  / 
    <b>volte?</b>
  • Tobias R said:
    cooljevil said:

Feature that is removed:

I am on 7.1.1 - standby battery drain through 8 hours is 0%
    0% through 8 hours is very likely to be a faux indication, unless you have the data link switched off. Even my case 5% in 8 hours=0,625% per hour. Assuming linear drain, 100/0,625 => 160 hours. That is a week on the table; fairly typical for any modern smartphone with some apps doing occasional background data in idle.

• marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭✭  / 
    So, "Android 9 Pie (V6.17D)" update? 

Camera focus bug still present (reported here). Can't upgrade until this is fixed. I had all my videos ruined wild buggy 8.1 OREO and will not upgrade to get the same stress...
  • Blamm Blamm
    ✭✭  / 
    Video is fine for me on this build.  Can't see any focus hunting yet. Will keep an eye on it 
  • marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Video is fine for me on this build.  Can't see any focus hunting yet. Will keep an eye on it 
    Can you tell me the firmware version of the CAMERA?

My camera firmware is:
    v200.0080.10.1.18.0
    v200.0100.05
  • cooljevil cooljevil
    ✭✭✭  / 

My camera firmware is:
    v200.0080.10.1.18.0
    v200.0100.05
    @marcolopes here is the firmware version of my camera:

• marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 2019
    cooljevil said:

My camera firmware is:
    v200.0080.10.1.18.0
    v200.0100.05

Yeah... i think that was the firmware of the previous Nokia 5 i returned. It didn't have the FOCUS problem... i only got it with the new unit with new firmware.

Did you have the focus hunting problem before?
  • cooljevil cooljevil
    ✭✭✭  / 
    cooljevil said:

My camera firmware is:
    v200.0080.10.1.18.0
    v200.0100.05

Yeah... i think that was the firmware of the previous Nokia 5 i returned. It didn't have the FOCUS problem... i only got it with the new unit with new firmware.

Did you have the focus hunting problem before?
    I had the focus pumping problem before the update even when doing still videos. The new update probably has fixed this issue but im not sure.
  • Blamm Blamm
    ✭✭  / 

My camera firmware is:
    v200.0080.10.1.18.0
    v200.0100.05
    Mine is 

v200.0084.01,1.18.0
    v020.0110.01
  • marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Can you guys tell me what's the SYSTEM space used by PIE? My 8.1 oreo is taking up 6.9GB, and i can't even download the 9 update (it needs 1.6GB to download!)

I could delete some apps to get space... but i need to be sure that i'm not going to be shorter on space after PIE update!

Thanks.
  • cooljevil cooljevil
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Can you guys tell me what's the SYSTEM space used by PIE? My 8.1 oreo is taking up 6.9GB, and i can't even download the 9 update (it needs 1.6GB to download!)

I could delete some apps to get space... but i need to be sure that i'm not going to be shorter on space after PIE update!

Thanks.
    Pie takes this much storage:

It takes a whopping 7.7 GB! You could transfer your files to your sd card if you have.
  • marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭✭  / 
    cooljevil said:

Thanks.
    Pie takes this much storage:

It takes a whopping 7.7 GB! You could transfer your files to your sd card if you have.
    wow... out of the question. I already struggle with the internal memory, cleaning caches on a regular basis. I don't want my memory card formatted as INTERNAL MEMORY (in case of a crash, i want to access my files!!!!), and i already have everything that is possible on the external card...