Nokia 8.1 Android Q Rollback

Hey guys I recently downloaded the Android q beta on my Nokia 8.1 and it's really buggy and most of the features are missing so did anyone find a way to…

Nokia 8.1 Android Q Rollback

Mario Kazzi Mario Kazzi
✭✭  / 
Hey guys I recently downloaded the Android q beta on my Nokia 8.1 and it's really buggy and most of the features are missing so did anyone find a way to rollback to Android 9?

Comments

• richie1 richie1
    ✭✭  / 
    It was clearly stated,no rollback yet,you have to hang on to it a little longer .Goodluck😂😂😂
  • Mario Kazzi Mario Kazzi
    ✭✭  / 
    Some missing features which i noticed are:
    1. Gestures
    2.Buggy Download manager
    3.Camera works fine. However, its the vanilla version of Camera app provided by Qualcomm so nothing special expected from it. Nokia will replace that app with it's own in upcoming builds.
    4.External storage like SD card is not accessible by third-party apps but only system apps compatible with Android Q . I guess there are some changes with Storage framework because of which apps are not able to access SD card. Checked this with Whatsapp, instagram.
    5.Apps requiring Google certifications/safety net or something similar would not work because the OS is still in Development phase.
    6.Fingerprint is working fine, but is slow.
    7.Dark theme is not properly applied over settings app.
    8.Files app crashes when refreshing.
    9. Netflix cannot be installed from the play store. 
    10. Whatsapp is unable to detect or restore messages from Google drive backups. 
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hey guys I recently downloaded the Android q beta on my Nokia 8.1 and it's really buggy and most of the features are missing so did anyone find a way to rollback to Android 9?
    It is clearly mentioned that they will try to have a downgrade package available by 16th. So, you'll just have to wait with the bugs now 🙂
    ✭✭  / 
    Guys I know, I've read everything before installing, I'm just asking if someone managed to flash an old firmware package or something; not asking if an official way is available. 
    Thanks for the help though! 😊
  • Argho Sarkar Argho Sarkar
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Some missing features which i noticed are:
    1. Gestures
    2.Buggy Download manager
    3.Camera works fine. However, its the vanilla version of Camera app provided by Qualcomm so nothing special expected from it. Nokia will replace that app with it's own in upcoming builds.
    4.External storage like SD card is not accessible by third-party apps but only system apps compatible with Android Q . I guess there are some changes with Storage framework because of which apps are not able to access SD card. Checked this with Whatsapp, instagram.
    5.Apps requiring Google certifications/safety net or something similar would not work because the OS is still in Development phase.
    6.Fingerprint is working fine, but is slow.
    7.Dark theme is not properly applied over settings app.
    8.Files app crashes when refreshing.
    9. Netflix cannot be installed from the play store. 
    10. Whatsapp is unable to detect or restore messages from Google drive backups. 
    Thanks @Mario Kazzi for mentioning these bugs in the Android Q DP.
    ✭✭  / 
    Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that Nokia updated their website with a manual Rollback method :)
  • Argho Sarkar Argho Sarkar
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Has anyone tried the manual rollback from Android Q DP to Android 9 Pie ? If yes, which security patch does it revert back to April or May patch?