I want to buy Nokia 9 PureView, but... very problems, no good reviews, uncertain results of the came

Hello. I was looking forward to the Nokia 9 PureView. So far I have heard nothing good about this smartfon. There is also much discussion and a lot of problems.

I want to buy Nokia 9 PureView, but... very problems, no good reviews, uncertain results of the came

Mikilpk Mikilpk
✭✭  / 
Hello. I was looking forward to the Nokia 9 PureView. So far I have heard nothing good about this smartfon. There is also much discussion and a lot of problems. Please share your experience. Thank You very much. And sorry for my English.

Comments

• DerickdG DerickdG
    ✭✭  / 
    Hi, please read the comments and complaints on the Nokia 9 Pureview thread. I have posted a few comments there. My personal experience about the Pureview is nothing but FRUSTRATION- the fingerprint reader is very unreliable, it fails a lot. They issued an update for this but it did not fix the problem..I stopped using the fingerprint reader altogether. I'm also getting echo when I put a call on the speakerphone, this is caused by the VoLTE feature which is on by default and there's no way to turn it off. The five camera array is good but other three camera array phones can generate the same picture quality, if not better. My Pureview serves as an expensive paperweight for now, I never use it anymore. It's past the 30 day return period so I can't return it. I don't want to sell it coz if I do I know the buyer will just return it to me out of frustration. Buy a different Nokia phone if I were you, maybe a less expensive one, or buy a different brand that's about the same price as the Pureview.  I hope this helps. 
  • Mikilpk Mikilpk
    ✭✭  /  edited May 2019
    DerickdG.
    Thank you. I have Nokia 8.1. I am satisfied. Everythink work great. I wanted Nokia 9 PV. For the last 20 years I've always had the latest Nokia 
  • Mikilpk Mikilpk
    ✭✭  / 
    Pazuzu.
    Thank you.
  • Tomasz ExFiddling Tomasz ExFiddling
    ✭✭  /  edited May 2019
    Just go  for Huawei
  • Mikilpk Mikilpk
    ✭✭  / 
    Cico said:
    Mikilpk said:
    Hello. I was looking forward to the Nokia 9 PureView. So far I have heard nothing good about this smartfon. There is also much discussion and a lot of problems. Please share your experience. Thank You very much. And sorry for my English.
    Well, stop listening to people and use it for your self. This device is actually a mean maschine.is fast,very fast and reliable, call quallity is verry good (never heard oft the problems the guy before me talks about). And if volte cause problems, well, i see no frustration in there.
    Design is gourgeous...it feals so premium is actually crazy. Battery is ok nothing special, fingerprint reader is crapp, don't count on it. Camera is good, but spotty (here is a lot of improvements to be done, and they will be probably be resolved). Overall as a smartphone is great, but yeah, not for everybodY. This one is for diehard fans that can put up with fingerprint crapp and camera software lazyness once in awhile. Besides this two, i really see no fault in this product.

Basically, I have a similar opinion.
  • Mikilpk Mikilpk
    ✭✭  / 
    Just go  for Huawei
    so certainly not
  • bigozz bigozz
     / 
    Seems fine so far for me. Only issue I cant get Wifi-Calling to work for Vodafone in the UK. There is no option to turn it on.
  • Mikilpk Mikilpk
    ✭✭  /  edited May 2019
    bigozz said:
    Seems fine so far for me. Only issue I cant get Wifi-Calling to work for Vodafone in the UK. There is no option to turn it on.
    Thank you very much
  • Mikilpk Mikilpk
    ✭✭  / 
    MarcVI said:
    Coming from Samsung S8+ and others... I see NO reason to go back to such bloatware.
    The Nokia 9 is faster, has high quality screen, connectivity, photography, update frequency and speed...
    Fingerprint indeed has a learning curve.
    Great phone!
    Thank you very much. I wanted to hear practical experience
  • > @DerickdG said:
    > Hi, please read the comments and complaints on the Nokia 9 Pureview thread. I have posted a few comments there. My personal experience about the Pureview is nothing but FRUSTRATION- the fingerprint reader is very unreliable, it fails a lot. They issued an update for this but it did not fix the problem..I stopped using the fingerprint reader altogether. I'm also getting echo when I put a call on the speakerphone, this is caused by the VoLTE feature which is on by default and there's no way to turn it off. The five camera array is good but other three camera array phones can generate the same picture quality, if not better. My Pureview serves as an expensive paperweight for now, I never use it anymore. It's past the 30 day return period so I can't return it. I don't want to sell it coz if I do I know the buyer will just return it to me out of frustration. Buy a different Nokia phone if I were you, maybe a less expensive one, or buy a different brand that's about the same price as the Pureview.  I hope this helps. 

The problems you have read are true.

The fingerprint reader is the worst one I've ever tried, in OnePlus 6T and Huawei P30 Pro goes fancy, in the Nokia 9 PureView it's very frustrating

SOLUTION after the update from April to V4.22C in Spain (it seems that in India go V4.22D) did not improve the problem of the fingerprint sensor.

But if you register twice the same finger, it turns out that the effectiveness of the fingerprint sensor is improved by 99%, without falling into the trap of unlocking the **** sensor (which I think is what happens to more than one which comments reliability after the last update)
  • > @Mikilpk said:
    > Hello. I was looking forward to the Nokia 9 PureView. So far I have heard nothing good about this smartfon. There is also much discussion and a lot of problems. Please share your experience. Thank You very much. And sorry for my English.

I have a Huawei P30 Pro and despite this, I launched for this Nokia 9 PV for the claim of that coprocessor L16

My feelings are at odds

It makes good photos, and with the edition of Adobe Lightroom it improves a lot ...

HDM Global announced and announced that it would have a specific camera profile for Nokia 9 PV in an update of the Adobe Apk, but at the moment, it is not seen that it will be released in the short term, in fact the only Nokia PureView that has a profile for Camera Raw is the Nokia Lumia 1020 of the year 2012 with Windows Phone (bad for the support of HDM or negotiations to announce something long term in a premiere with many problems)

I tell you that in certain photos is good or very good, above the P30 Pro in others has nothing to do

The rumor of the Night Mode in Nokia, will answer that the big ones of the Photography Huawei, Samsung, Google if they have a dedicated, effective and decisive way

The Pro camera of the Nokia 9 PV is poor in settings, compared to the PureView of 2012 is worse and I mean the settings, or poor or very poor, with the P30 Pro there is no color, better in Huawei, to see if Nokia is puts the batteries and improves it
  • > @MarcVI said:
    > Coming from Samsung S8+ and others... I see NO reason to go back to such bloatware.
    > The Nokia 9 is faster, has high quality screen, connectivity, photography, update frequency and speed...
    > Fingerprint indeed has a learning curve.
    > Great phone!

The failure of the fingerprint has no excuse

SOLUTION is to register twice the same finger, and you will see how it greatly improves the problem at least it is no longer despairing or marking the unlocking pin every time you want to hastily access the terminal

Nokia 9 PV is not a terminal to take fast photos

Changing camera mode is slow or very slow

It does not let you close in pro mode and start again in pro mode

Nokia 9 PV is designed to always shoot in Pro Mode, which is how it performs and especially with the amount of data captured from the five lenses, is to edit the RAW and take advantage, and the Apk (paid and full) of Adobe Lightroom is the ideal complement, with the permission of Google Snapseed that also supports and works wonders those Nokia 9G DNG
  • Dailylife Dailylife
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Here's another practical review for you:

I love it! :smiley:

P.S. - If you do buy it, do get yourself a decent case. You'll feel like you're holding a

Fabergé egg.

• Mikilpk Mikilpk
    ✭✭  / 
    Pitkänen said:
    Here's another practical review for you:

I love it! :smiley:

P.S. - If you do buy it, do get yourself a decent case. You'll feel like you're holding a

Fabergé egg.

Thank you very much 😉
  • I have the Nokia 9 and i say my fingerprint its awesome and very fast i dont have any problem
  • Alex21 Alex21
    ✭✭  / 
    > @MarcVI said:
    > Coming from Samsung S8+ and others... I see NO reason to go back to such bloatware.
    > The Nokia 9 is faster, has high quality screen, connectivity, photography, update frequency and speed...
    > Fingerprint indeed has a learning curve.
    > Great phone!

The failure of the fingerprint has no excuse

SOLUTION is to register twice the same finger, and you will see how it greatly improves the problem at least it is no longer despairing or marking the unlocking pin every time you want to hastily access the terminal

Nokia 9 PV is not a terminal to take fast photos

Changing camera mode is slow or very slow

It does not let you close in pro mode and start again in pro mode

Nokia 9 PV is designed to always shoot in Pro Mode, which is how it performs and especially with the amount of data captured from the five lenses, is to edit the RAW and take advantage, and the Apk (paid and full) of Adobe Lightroom is the ideal complement, with the permission of Google Snapseed that also supports and works wonders those Nokia 9G DNG
    For starting in photo mode not pro mode you need to change your settings
  • jj_laaksonen jj_laaksonen
    ✭✭  / 
    > @BitacoraBombero_Burnout said:
    > Nokia 9 PV is designed to always shoot in Pro Mode, which is how it performs and especially with the amount of data captured from the five lenses, is to edit the RAW and take advantage, and the Apk (paid and full) of Adobe Lightroom is the ideal complement, with the permission of Google Snapseed that also supports and works wonders those Nokia 9G DNG

Seems that Snapseed cannot edit monochrome DNG's taken with Nokia 9.
  • Tetlee Tetlee
     / 
    I'm having this dilemma currently. Been using a Nokia 8 for the past few months and like it alot, but I would so like to get back to carrying an awesome camera in my pocket again as I always did when my Nokia 808 was my daily. I still use the 808 but it isn't practical enough as a single device anymore.

I'm so on the fence about the 9, but the recent price drop to £449 has me really tempted.
  • Nokia 9 fingerPrint is the crap.... Audio speaker is dumb.... Im really disappointed
  • @HMD Global Nokia 9 fingerprint is crap and speaker sound is very dull... Really disappointed
  • Holzl Holzl
    ✭✭  / 

So I bought the Nokia 9 PV but am looking for a solution to the following issue: The scene on the camera display " wobbles" or "jellos" especially when I tap the display and or adjust the brightness.

I thought it was just the display but the resulting picture also shows distortion and sometimes blur pics.

I factory reset the phone with nil success.

Anyone one else experienced this issue?

Help

• Subhadeep Subhadeep
    ✭✭  / 

You should definitely buy this. Camera is best.

• Magicdesign Magicdesign
    ✭✭  / 

Fingerprint reader is not great, but I have smart unlock while paired to my smart watch - totally solves that problem

• Chenmeshi Chenmeshi
    ✭✭  /  edited January 28

We bought this Nokia 9 as my bf waiting for this since 2018. Last year at last we bought one, and Nokia 8 for me. Guess what? Not more than a month it cannot receive anymore incoming calls but he can make calls. We did everything even reset factory settings still no use and it is really pain in the ****, in the end I gave my phone to my bf and he gave Nokia 9 to me. He already bring it back to the store they have used different sim cards. It is working at first but when we get home same issue. We tried many times and now congratulations to us it got worst as even it's freshly rebooted, it is useless for incoming calls. I have never encounter such stupid phone in my whole life. No problem with Nokia 8 by the way. DO NOT BUY NOKIA 9. Also Nokia 8 has better features and feel comfortable to hold.

• dansocea dansocea
    ✭✭  / 

Send it to Nokia care for repair. I had the same.issue and they replaced the motherboard.