Bluetooth issues after Pie update. Last update to v6.17d still unchanged.

After updating to Pie I have a problem with bluetooh in the car.

Bluetooth issues after Pie update. Last update to v6.17d still unchanged.

Peter Poluch Peter Poluch
✭✭  / 
After updating to Pie I have a problem with bluetooh in the car. Music is playing, contacts are synchronized, but if you want to call via navigation, it ends with navigation and will only continue on your phone. The incoming call goes straight to the phone. Updating to 6.17d did not bring change. Navigation is original for Hyundai and updated a week ago.

Comments

• maerkek maerkek
    ✭✭  / 
    After updating to Pie I have a problem with bluetooh in the car. Music is playing, contacts are synchronized, but if you want to call via navigation, it ends with navigation and will only continue on your phone. The incoming call goes straight to the phone. Updating to 6.17d did not bring change. Navigation is original for Hyundai and updated a week ago.
    What about other think Android uptade ? 
  • Hello, my name is Ulf. I have similar problems with the bluetooth connection. Vehicle is a Renault Kadjar with R Link 2. By bluethoot we registered the phone in the vehicle and contacts are also loaded, but I can not call directly via the R-link. If I dial the contact over the Nokia, then I can speak strangely over the speakerphone. Simply put, I can not dial over the R link and accept a call. has to do practically everything over the mobile phone.
    Tested cell phones were a Nokia 8 and a Nokia 6.1.
    I have already had contact with Renault for a while. They came to the conclusion that it must be due to Nokia.
    I am thankful for every help. If there is no solution, I have to separate from nokia a second time
  • Peter Poluch Peter Poluch
    ✭✭  / 
    Hello, my name is Ulf. I have similar problems with the bluetooth connection. Vehicle is a Renault Kadjar with R Link 2. By bluethoot we registered the phone in the vehicle and contacts are also loaded, but I can not call directly via the R-link. If I dial the contact over the Nokia, then I can speak strangely over the speakerphone. Simply put, I can not dial over the R link and accept a call. has to do practically everything over the mobile phone.
    Tested cell phones were a Nokia 8 and a Nokia 6.1.
    I have already had contact with Renault for a while. They came to the conclusion that it must be due to Nokia.
    I am thankful for every help. If there is no solution, I have to separate from nokia a second time
    It's not just a problem with Nokia. Since the release of Android Pie, forums are full, for example https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G6-Moto-G6-Plus-Moto-G6/Bluetooth-Audio-Connection-Issue-With-Phone-After-Android-Pie/td-p/4346391/page/2

However, other vendors are trying to solve the problem at least actively.
    Nokia told me only to send them a phone to somewhere in Hungary. I'm supposed to stay without a phone ..... Well, that made me laugh
    ✭✭  /  edited May 21
    the latest updates from May 20, still no improvement, though it's probably just a security patch
    ✭✭  / 
    I'm pretty angry. So I contacted the car manufacturer a few days ago. Not only service but manufacturer. They met me, updated me the Navigation. An update that is not yet in use and Nokia 6 is still nothing. We have tried some other phones from different manufacturers, especially Samsung with Android 9 Pie and have worked smoothly.
  • maerkek maerkek
    ✭✭  / 
    Nokia is dont make software uptade
    ✭✭  /  edited May 21
    Maerkek  said:
    Nokia is dont make software uptade
    yes you are right, the update is released by Google but it is provided by the manufacturer that fits it for the device
  • maerkek maerkek
    ✭✭  /  edited May 22
    My eyes search symbian because very orginal software .  symbian meaning of nokia was but android very bad software . Always the same mold, no difference. 
  • jordi77 jordi77
    ✭✭  / 
    Try to reset the Bluetooth settings and Bluetooth midi settings in the app settings as I had the similar problem with a couple of Bluetooth items and the car and after resetting these it worked fine and now I don't have any problems with connection to either and that you have to erase the data and the storage that is in both and you should be okay after that...
    ✭✭  /  edited May 24
    jordi77 said:
    Try to reset the Bluetooth settings and Bluetooth midi settings in the app settings as I had the similar problem with a couple of Bluetooth items and the car and after resetting these it worked fine and now I don't have any problems with connection to either and that you have to erase the data and the storage that is in both and you should be okay after that...

This is all I have tried. If you read which particular bluetooth problem here we are dealing with. According to various forums, there is a problem somewhere in the communication between the Bluetooth and the SIM card slot. For a phone with 2 SIM slots, it is recommended to leave the SIM card in slot nr.2, then you could call the car via bluetooth. For me it is not a solution I have only one slot. I also found that Google on PIXEL phones had already solved this problem and moved the fix to other brands. Nokia does not know why this patch has not been used yet.
  • vinzz vinzz
     / 
    Well I've seen those problems with renault rlink1 and rlink2 (with nokia phone). I drive a Mazda, another collegue drives a Skoda. Both cars don't have problems with Nokia. Only Renault cars have that problem. I wonder what the real reason is...
    ✭✭  /  edited May 28
    vinzz said:
    Well I've seen those problems with renault rlink1 and rlink2 (with nokia phone). I drive a Mazda, another collegue drives a Skoda. Both cars don't have problems with Nokia. Only Renault cars have that problem. I wonder what the real reason is...

It's not just a problem with Renault personally I have a Hyundai i40 2017. The phone worked well with Android 8.1. The problem occurred after the update to Android 9. So there will be a problem in the software. Yes, my phone, for example, with Hyundai Kona works well. My radio navigation has the latest firmware update. I also tested the functionality of other phone manufacturers with the Android 9 OS on my car and worked smoothly. But other manufacturers have released an update with bluetooth fixes. Nokia has nothing yet. I'll wait another month to update. If nothing changes, I have to look at the new phone. I need to call when I'm driving. Waiting for something to eventually change. It may also mean that nothing will change in the end. Especially when Nokia is not very involved. Other manufacturers are active on forums on their websites and communicate with users. Here, open all the threads on each phone and nothing, Nokia communication zero. Sorry I thought HMD Global Oy zero communication :smiley:
    ✭✭  / 
    Last updated 20.6. still without bluetooth correction, problem with car calls still not removed. It's just SP.
    ✭✭  / 
    Today's Updates 11.7. Still no change. Again, just SP. Time to buy another phone and change the brand. Five months waiting and nothing. I'm pretty disappointed.