USB media transfer is not working

I have a TA-1043 with android 9 Pie.

USB media transfer is not working

bobthebobcat bobthebobcat
✭✭  /  edited May 12

When connected to my windows 10 laptop (set the Default USB config to File Transfer and PTP) it reads it as a CD drive containing Chinese setup for the drivers, but the setup doesn't do anything. How can I make my files visible on my windows 10 laptop?
This is a pretty big problem as I can't install ROMs to fix this and your many software limitations.

Comments

• sammy sammy
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Search and download nokia USB driver. Use Windows device manager to detect your phone then choose update drivers automatically online to install latest and correct drivers. 
  • devmas devmas
    ✭✭  /  edited May 13
    give link on driver, please :)
  • sammy sammy
    ✭✭✭  / 
    devmas said:
    Download link is not shown in auto driver update search in Windows. But you can search on OEM website.
  • sammy sammy
    ✭✭✭  / 

When connected to my windows 10 laptop (set the Default USB config to File Transfer and PTP) it reads it as a CD drive containing Chinese setup for the drivers, but the setup doesn't do anything. How can I make my files visible on my windows 10 laptop?
    This is a pretty big problem as I can't install ROMs to fix this and your many software limitations.
    That cd drive is a partition containing USB driver installer in the phone memory.
  • bobthebobcat bobthebobcat
    ✭✭  /  edited May 14
    Thanks. I had downloaded the drivers before but I don't know where to install them.
    The device manager shows two MPT devices under WPD but doesen't detect any mobile device and the drivers failed to install on either MPT devices " failed to install, couldn't find drivers for your device", sometimes I got an code 31 error.
    Edit: The drivers are in a folder, I am now trying to install other executable driver installations.
    sammy said:
    Search and download nokia USB driver. Use Windows device manager to detect your phone then choose update drivers automatically online to install latest and correct drivers. 

• sammy sammy
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Thanks. I had downloaded the drivers before but I don't know where to install them.
    The device manager shows two MPT devices under WPD but doesen't detect any mobile device and the drivers failed to install on either MPT devices " failed to install, couldn't find drivers for your device", sometimes I got an code 31 error.
    Edit: The drivers are in a folder, I am now trying to install other executable driver installations.
    sammy said:

Connect phone to PC USB port. Then open device manager. Go to new device detected in USB section. Select the new device detected, right click on it and select install online drivers automatically option. No reboot will be necessary most of the times.
  • sammy sammy
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Else you can double click on the USB driver installer file in cd drive shown in your PC after phone is connected to USB port.
  • devmas devmas
    ✭✭  /  edited May 14
    > @bobthebobcat said:
    > Thanks. I had downloaded the drivers before but I don't know where to install them.
    >
    > The device manager shows two MPT devices under WPD but doesen't detect any mobile device and the drivers failed to install on either MPT devices " failed to install, couldn't find drivers for your device", sometimes I got an code 31 error.
    >
    > Edit: The drivers are in a folder, I am now trying to install other executable driver installations.
    > sammy said:
    >
    >
    > Search and download nokia USB driver. Use Windows device manager to detect your phone then choose update drivers automatically online to install latest and correct drivers. 

✭✭  / 
    sammy said:
    Else you can double click on the USB driver installer file in cd drive shown in your PC after phone is connected to USB port.
    The installer is broken.
    Everything works on Linux but not on windows 10.
    Why does windows refuse to install those drivers?
  • sammy sammy
    ✭✭✭  / 
    sammy said:
    The installer is broken.

devmas said:
    > @bobthebobcat said:
    > Thanks. I had downloaded the drivers before but I don't know where to install them.
    >
    > The device manager shows two MPT devices under WPD but doesen't detect any mobile device and the drivers failed to install on either MPT devices " failed to install, couldn't find drivers for your device", sometimes I got an code 31 error.
    >
    > Edit: The drivers are in a folder, I am now trying to install other executable driver installations.
    > sammy said:
    >
    >
    > Search and download nokia USB driver. Use Windows device manager to detect your phone then choose update drivers automatically online to install latest and correct drivers. 

The Linux and windows installer is different. Linux will be rpm or tar package and windows will be exe package. Earlier nokia pc suite used to take care of USB drivers also. Hmd needs to bring back nokia pc suite.
  • sammy sammy
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Try out nokia adb drivers from this link - https://www.skyneel.com/nokia-usb-driver
  • sammy sammy
    ✭✭✭  / 
    There will be many other web links offering nokia drivers. Please google them.
    ✭✭  / 
    sammy said:
    Try out nokia adb drivers from this link - https://www.skyneel.com/nokia-usb-driver
    The site brigs me to what looks like the same website with universal drivers, not specific to the model I clicked on, even so, witch option should I pick?
    I tried the Snapdragon one and it says "Do Not support Win NT earlier version".
    Also I should mention that I can't istall any drivers manualy as windows doesen't recognize any phone, and the Unknown MTP device always gives error 31.
    ✭✭  / 
    sammy said:
    sammy said:
    The installer is broken.

devmas said:
    > @bobthebobcat said:
    >
    >
    > sammy said:
    >
    >

The Linux and windows installer is different. Linux will be rpm or tar package and windows will be exe package. Earlier nokia pc suite used to take care of USB drivers also. Hmd needs to bring back nokia pc suite.
    Yeah I got it working it's Nokia 6(2018)  - Qualcomm USB dirver: - Qualcomm USB dirver worked.
  • sammy sammy
    ✭✭✭  / 
    sammy said:
    The site brigs me to what looks like the same website with universal drivers, not specific to the model I clicked on, even so, witch option should I pick?
    I tried the Snapdragon one and it says "Do Not support Win NT earlier version".
    Also I should mention that I can't istall any drivers manualy as windows doesen't recognize any phone, and the Unknown MTP device always gives error 31.
    Try searching for USB drivers on XDA developers or maybe nokiapoweruser website.
  • sammy sammy
    ✭✭✭  / 
    sammy said:
    sammy said:
    The installer is broken.

devmas said:
    > @bobthebobcat said:
    >
    >
    > sammy said:
    >
    >

Yeah I got it working it's Nokia 6(2018)  - Qualcomm USB dirver: - Qualcomm USB dirver worked.
    Bobcat please close this discussion by selecting "answered" option against my comment where I shared the USB driver download link.